Troy Bilt Bronco 5.5 Hp Rear Tine Tiller

Troy Bilt Bronco 5.5 Hp Rear Tine Tiller. Built for the smaller gardener.

Feb 20, 2004 (Updated Sep 4, 2010)

Pros:Great machine for those small to big jobs around the house.

Cons:Going Strong just like day one.

The Bottom Line: This machine is a must for the avid gardener. It will save you time and most of all save that wear and tear on your back.

My Dad called me asking advice on my tiller because he was interested in getting one. He made it clear that it was mainly for Mom because of his age he can not do much anymore. So the next weekend Mom and I went shopping.

We brought home this 5.5 Troy-Bilt Bronco Tiller. Lowes had this one fully assembled so we had nothing to do expect put gas in it and start it. I was told though buying it from the box will take at least an hour to put on the handle and the bumper guard yourself.

As I started this machine I noticed the sound difference between this tiller and mine. This Briggs and Stratton 5.5 Intek OHV was quiet compared to my old Troy-Bilt at home.

The gear box is made out of Cast Iron and Bronze. The transmission is gear driven with a power forward and reverse. The 10 inch diameter Bolo rear tines will give you a tilling width of 16 inches. The depth adjuster is at the back of this tiller so you and adjust from one inch to six inches in depth.

As Mom was staring at me using it, I adjusted the depth to an inch so she could learn the easy way first. As she began using it, I could see that she had full control of it and asked her to adjust it deeper. This took her by surprise a little, but she seemed to handle it well. I showed her how to work this tiller with just one hand. Within the next few weeks she had done the vegetable garden and all her flower beds. Dad and Mom even tilled up a path to the pool and place stone in it.They even took it to Florida this last winter to do some jobs at their home down there.

This machine is for smaller flower beds and gardens. It does sport a 16 ounce gas tank for hours of usage. The 12 Pneumatic adjustable tires can either be locked into gear or pull the pins on each side out and take it out of gear to push it around between jobs.

Mom loves her new toy. She also loves the workout she gets from using it a lot. I would suggest this size for most women. Mom is 60 years young and works out three times a week. I have showed her the best ways to till. Making rows so that she can till in the weeds instead of pulling them. Just make your rows in your vegetable garden one width size of your tiller.

Overall this Troy-Bilt 5.5 Bronco Tiller is a great machine to get started with. Like I said it is for the smaller yards and flower beds that you might have. The quality and durability is unmatched to others. The limited lifetime warranty is much better than most.

If you keep those big feet of yours from the back of the tiller and wear eye protection you will not have any problems using this Troy-Bilt 5.5 Bronco Tiller, (just joking this tiller has a tine protector so your feet are protected). If you need further information you can go to their website at Troy-Bilt.Com.

( Update 9-4-2010 ) Just to let you know this tiller is still working just as hard as the day I helped getting it for my parents accept they gave it to their neighbor Pat as a parting gift. Dad pasted in 2006 and mom passed in 2008. But it's being taken everywhere because I see it on his truck all the time. So as of this day this durable machine is doing great !!!

Thanks for reading !!!

Bobby

Troy-Bilt XP Super Bronco XP 24-HP V-Twin Hydrostatic 50-in Riding Lawn Mower with Kohler Engine 13WQ93KP011

Get a smoother, more responsive performance with foot-pedal controlled hydrostatic transmission. Larger, fully-welded steel frame with integrated rea...
Lowe's

Troy-bilt Tine Set - Part 1901, Jr., Tuffy, Bronco

Troy-bilt Tine Set - Part 1901, Jr., Tuffy, Bronco

TROY-BILT REPLACEMENT TINES Part# 1901 Made in the U.S.A.Our tines are exact replacement tines for TROY-BILT Junior, Tuffy, Bronco and Super Bronco ti...

Troy-bilt Rototiller - End Of Season Sale - Model Super Bronco

Troy-bilt Rototiller - End Of Season Sale - Model Super Bronco

Troy-Bilt Rototiller End of Season Sale New - Old Inventory Model - Super Bronco CRT - Counter Rotating Tines 208cc Troy-Bilt OHV Engine 10 Inch Tines...
Troy-bilt Wood Long Handle Transfer Shovel

Troy-bilt Wood Long Handle Transfer Shovel

Troy-Bilt Wood Long Handle Transfer Shovel Features Durable ash wood handle Rust-resistant stainless steel rivets and pro-collar Oversized forward-tur...

Troy-Bilt Bronco 20-HP Automatic 42-in Riding Lawn Mower with KOHLER Engine 13WX78KS011

Automatic foot controlled transmission drives like a car. Cast-iron front axle adds durability and strength. Larger discharge chute on cutting deck ...
Lowe's

Troy-Bilt Electric Start Bit

Chipper Vac Bag For Troy-bilt 47291 & 47292 (part 1909161)

Chipper Vac Bag For Troy-bilt 47291 & 47292 (part 1909161)

Chipper Vac Bag for Troy-Bilt 47291 & 47292 Part number: 1909161 Fits Troy-Bilt chipper/shredder model: 47291 47292 Specification Length: 27 Width 22

Stens Drive Disc For Troy Bilt 2111

Stens Drive Disc For Troy Bilt 2111

Stens Replacement Drive Disc For Troy Bilt 2111

Troy Bilt Bronco Handle Panel 786-04200-0638

Troy Bilt Bronco Handle Panel 786-04200-0638

New Old stock Troy Bilt Bronco Handle Panel #786-04200-0638 Shipping $5.00 Thanks for looking.