Troy-Bilt 1400

Troy-Bilt Flurry 1400 great machine for mom and pops!!

Oct 9, 2010 (Updated Nov 20, 2010)

Pros:Best buy for the little homeowner who only has small area's to snow blow.

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: Keep your eyes on the electric cord or a suggestion is getting a sailors rope clip for your belt loop keeping the cord a reasonable distance from the auger.

In the historic homes section of Frederick City, here in Maryland you come across all different shapes and sizes of sidewalks or paths to the backyard of the homes. Most are 2 to 3 feet and taking a bigger snowthrower is just to hard if the have shrubs on both sides of the walk. Even though these homes look like a landscaper's dream during the other 3 seasons the are most definitely difficult in Winter.

Two years ago I had to replace some shrubs because they got caught up in the bigger snowthrower and that section of the shrub died which didn't make the customer happy. So when I purchased my snowthrower package last year this Troy-Bilt Electric Flurry 1400 was one that I grabbed first. At the front of my trailer I bolted down my Troy-Bilt 9 Hp Portable Generator plus in front of that aAmes Garden Hose Cart latched down carrying 600 feet of extension cord cable to get the deepest of 2 yards I have.

When I'm using my Flurry 1400 in the yard my guys are doing the back of my customers garage doors and can only get so close. This machine lets my get right at the door without having to get a snow shovel out. This machine was specifically made for smaller properties like town homes or homes without a lot of sidewalks. I just so happen to find so much more uses for it than that. Going in between cars that are parked on the street that makes it easier for them to maneuver their cars out of their parking spaces without the bump and run of hitting other vehicles. At home I have pathways that have stone paths that are level with the ground that I do to gain access to my bird feeders.

Ease of use

Have plenty of electric cord ready. I recommend the orange rubber/plastic insulation cord that is weather resistant electrical 3 prong cord. With mine I have black tape around the connectors then heat shrink black rubber mold to keep the weather out of them. Just plug it in on the right side male end connector that feeds to the 11 amp electric motor. To keep the motor going you need to hold both handles together. This engages the auger and the intake auger. With you removing the snow it makes a path 14 inches wide so most of the time you make one path going one way and enlarging the path it on the way back. The 9.5 intake shoots the snow between 5 and 10 feet depending on your manual angle flap on the top of your chute. Even directing the snow out of the chute to throw the snow left or right has a manual arm to push from either side. The chute is made with Polymer plastic at 5" at 180 degrees.

The handle grips are made with rubber, but not heated so wear good gloves to keep those paws warm. The tires are small at 4 3/8 x 2.5 and with the Polymer scrapper skids shoes on the front make this little snowthrower easy to turn because everything is manual for the $179.00 price tag you have to pay. There is only one speed forward and reverse and that is you !! This machine is recommended for smaller snow storms where 1 inch to 5 inches of snow is prevalent. I've used it on much bigger snow but took my time with the machine, not trying to bogged down or burn that electric motor up. Patience is a virtue when higher snows come. At the feet of the handles is a bar that if need be for you to pick the machine up and carry it. Weighing about 60 pounds makes it easier just to pick up and put on the back of my truck to take into places where trailer cant go.

Overall

This Troy-Bilt Electric Flurry 1400 is a good machine for women or the elderly that need a machine to go at their pace. It is durable. With some of the body being made of Polymer plastic it is light enough to control yet sturdy enough too be roughed up on. With a 2 year homeowners warranty it covers almost everything except abuse.

Thanks for reading !!!

Company link   http://www.troybilt.com/

Chipper Vac Bag For Troy-bilt 47291 & 47292 (part 1909161)

Chipper Vac Bag For Troy-bilt 47291 & 47292 (part 1909161)

Chipper Vac Bag for Troy-Bilt 47291 & 47292 Part number: 1909161 Fits Troy-Bilt chipper/shredder model: 47291 47292 Specification Length: 27 Width 22

Troy Bilt 25cc 2-Cycle Curved Shaft String Trimmer

Troy Bilt 25cc 2-Cycle Curved Shaft String Trimmer

Clip grass and light weeds away from sidewalks, trees and fences with ease. This Troy Bilt 25cc, 2-cycle curved shaft string trimmer uses regular gas,...
Northern Tool

Troy-bilt Wood D-handle Digging Fork

Troy Bilt Troybilt Built Parts

Troy Bilt Troybilt Built Parts

Troy BILT Built TROYBILT Tiller Parts NOS SORRY DON'T KNOW THE PART NUMBER. Shipping any where in the U.S.A. $15.00 Thanks For Looking.

Troy Bilt 25cc 2-Cycle Straight Shaft String Trimmer

Troy Bilt 25cc 2-Cycle Straight Shaft String Trimmer

Northern Tool

Newegg.com

TROY BILT 41AJBCC954 Brushcutter Attachment G8853564

TROY BILT 41AJBCC954 Brushcutter Attachment G8853564

Brushcutter Attachment, For Use With TroyBilt Trimmers with EZ Link Technology, Fits Brand Troy Bilt
Zoro

Troy-Bilt 208cc 16 in. Super Bronco Counter-Rotating Rear Tine Tiller 21D-65M8766

208cc 16 in. Super Bronco Counter-Rotating Rear Tine Tiller - 21D-65M8766. Powerful 208cc Troy-Bilt, 4-cycle engine. Cultivate compact soil and small ...
CPO Outlets

Troy Bilt Tine Holder Pn 60007

Troy Bilt Tine Holder Pn 60007

WE HAVE A NEW TROY BILT, TINE HOLDER FOR SALE. THIS IS TROY BILT PART NUMBER 60007. BUYER PAYS $6.99 USPS SHIPPING, USA. PAY PAL IS PREFERRED. THANKS ...