Troy-Bilt Mustang XP

Troy-Bilt Mustang XP Zero-Turn...Home owners only please !!

Apr 4, 2011

Pros:Even though it's a nice ride, it needs to stay at home.

Cons:Made for residentials.

The Bottom Line: I like the features on this model and is very comfortable to ride on..Easy on the back and eyes.

When taking this machine on a trail run before I put my guys on this Troy-Bilt Mustang XP Zero-Turn Riding 25 HP Kolher Courage V Twin Lawn Mower, I felt a smooth ride as I was cutting grass in back of this industrial lot. Right from the get go just sitting in the high back seat I felt comfortable, but this high back seat only goes up to your shoulder blades. If you was a midget you back would be fully covered.

This machine is not for the commercial lawn-care guy like me. Don't get me wrong, it is a well built machine but the parts that they use to built this machine with are for home owners with over a acre of grass to cut. Starting off with the Courage 25 horse power V-Twin engine is A-1 for homeowners but is Kohlers Home Edition. On a scale for noise from 1 to 5 and 5 being the quietness I would give this engine a 3.5. You hear the blades going more than you hear the engine when your mowing with it. The handle bar grips are comfortable in your hands, even though they are a little lower than other machines, they pin point your every direction you want to go. The rubber handles make them non slippery and easy to operate.

With the Hydrostatic "Infitnite" transmission you feel a smoother ride and going from zero to 7 miles per hour and nice control when your circling a tree or shrubs. What I do like a lot is the 50 inch mowing deck in its oblong shape not squared like commercial decks but that it has hard plastic roller protection wheels on each side of the deck for preventing scalping and they are adjustable for precise cutting on your terrain. I love the fast spindles on here because that means high generated blade speed and to watch those little clippings come out of the side discharge makes me happy.

The flexible front pivoting axle is another way to prevent from scalping, but mostly saves wear and tear on my back. What also helps is the bigger 13 inch front tires that take the blunt of the holes and uneven parts of the property. Remember to grease the fittings after you wash it. Always a good thing to keep those ball bearings greased because parts are getting so expensive. The rear tires are 18 inch turf tires that I will recommend that you go slow as you turn or you will be chucking up some grass and leaving a nasty tire burn. The back tires give the machine excellent balance when going all out. On the dashboard you have your hour meter to remind you for servicing this mower.

You also have the PTO knob for your power take off on your blades, very simple pull out when you start mowing and pushing in when you are done. Right next to it in the left bumper is the throttle. On the right side you have the most important function of them all, your cup holder. Now for the things that make this mower a non-commercial mower and just for the home. You only have a 3 gallon gas tank, commercial mowers are 5 and up. But you will get 3 hours of mowing in before you will have to refill. The steel frame body is plenty for the home too. The body is well balanced but is missing that huskiness that commercial frames have.

It is fully welded which is a plus for these home style machines. It comes with a standard bumper that is okay, but I highly recommend buying the bigger bumper for $90.00. This bumper wraps around the whole engine base and will provide that protection you'll need when backing into a tree or if you back it into your trailer. Optional accessories for a price, mulching kit, rear bagger, additional rear bumper, and a rear storage rack.

Overall a very easy machine to get along with. My only problem is not keeping a heads up on the gas and being on the opposite end of the property and walking a mile for my gas can. Troybilt give only a 2 year residential warranty on this mower, so like I said this is not for commercial use. But besides that you have a nice little zero turn mower here. I would not suggest this mower on a steep incline so I'm only suggesting flat surfaces and tiny grade shifts on your property.

Thanks for reading !!!!!!!!!

Chipper Vac Bag For Troy-bilt 47291 & 47292 (part 1909161)

Chipper Vac Bag For Troy-bilt 47291 & 47292 (part 1909161)

Chipper Vac Bag for Troy-Bilt 47291 & 47292 Part number: 1909161 Fits Troy-Bilt chipper/shredder model: 47291 47292 Specification Length: 27 Width 22

Troy-Bilt 4-Cycle Straight Shaft Trimmer - 25cc, 18 Inch Cutting Width, Model TB6042 XP

This Troy-Bilt 4-Cycle Straight Shaft Trimmer gives you the 4-cycle advantage - never having to mix oil and gas. It has a 18in. cutting width with 0.0...
Northern Tool

Troy-bilt Fiberglass D-handle Transfer Shovel

Troy-bilt Fiberglass D-handle Transfer Shovel

Troy-Bilt Fiberglass D-Handle Transfer Shovel Features Heavy-duty fiberglass handle Rust-resistant stainless steel rivets and pro-collar Oversized for...

Troy Bilt Mustang Colt Rzt 42 Set Of 2 Guage Wheels

Troy Bilt Mustang Colt Rzt 42 Set Of 2 Guage Wheels

734-04155 Deck Ball Wheel, 5.0 MUSTANG COLT 42 SET OF 2 GUAGE WHEELS--FOR TROY BILT PARTS LOOKUP npwparts.com

Troy-Bilt 28 2-Stage 4-Cycle Gas Snow Thrower

Troy-Bilt 28 2-Stage 4-Cycle Gas Snow Thrower

Features a 277cc, OHV 4-cycle Troy-Bilt engine with electric start. 28 clearing width and 21 intake height. 12 impeller. Touch n Turn power steering, ...

Troy-bilt Tb6044xp (18) 32cc 4-cycle Straight Shaft String Trimmer

Troy-bilt Tb6044xp (18) 32cc 4-cycle Straight Shaft String Trimmer

About Us Shipping Returns Contact Us Faq's All categories Click here to view full size. Full Size Image Click to close full size. Troy-Bilt TB6044XP (...

Troy-bilt Carburetor Working With Tb26tb Gas Trimmer Easy To Install

Troy-bilt Carburetor Working With Tb26tb Gas Trimmer Easy To Install

DESCRIPTION Carb Troy-Bilt TB26TB TB475SS TB490BC TB425CS Gas Trimmer Carburetor Replaces Part number: 753-04296, 753-04745 Fits Troy-Bilt TB26TB TB47...