Troy-Bilt Troy-Bilt 9 Hp Portable Generator

Troy-Bilt Troy-Bilt 9 Hp Portable Generator....A Great Machine for Work, Home and Play.

Jan 14, 2004 (Updated Sep 5, 2010)

Pros:Long running machine, with quality and durability. 6 years old and still going strong.

Cons:Will need two people to load onto your truck.

The Bottom Line: This machine has a wide variety of uses. It is well worth the investment.

For the last few years now the weather has been playing havoc in our rural area. The power outages sometime were to unbearable to stand especially in brutal cold weather with ice and snow storm that have been gracing the northeast. It was time to solve this problem.

I went to Lowes to see which line of generators were available for the price and quality I needed. We decided to buy this Troy-Bilt 9 Horsepower Portable Generator. It was already pre-assemble except for the wheel kit that they provided. All together it took me about a half an hour to put the oil in the engine and the wheels on.

When I started it I couldn't believe how quiet sounding this Troy Bilt 9 Horse Power Portable Generator really is. I used this machine instead of my running electric from my workshop to see how it would handle. I use my electric impact wrenches on it to remove lawn blades to sharpen and put back on my mowers. I also used it with a battery charger to charge the battery in my BobCat mower. I then used a table saw in the 120/240 plug and it seem to hold up very well. It ran for just under 14 hours on the first tank of gas at full power.

It truly comes handy at work when I don't have a direct a/c current of my own to work with. It comes with three Nema# 2 twenty amp plugs for 120 volts and one Nema# L-14- 30R thirty amp plug for 120/240 volts. So I guess it's a great home/work machine. The steady 6000 running watts will run three different tools evenly. Starting watts hold at around 7500.

It's definitely made for outdoor use also. The handle makes it easy to walk up a ramp and load on the back of my truck. The 10 inch pneumatic tires makes this machine very easy to move from one place to another. It weighs near a hundred and twenty five pounds, with proper leverage when moving it seems very light. For safety sake use two people when loading on a truck unless you have a lift wench.

The frame is made of steel which is painted red which has been baked on with many coats, I have a few scratches on it but have not hit bare metal as of yet. It is very well built to hold up under a lot of banging around from one construction site to the next. The nine horsepower OHV(Overhead Valve) Briggs and Stratton motor is very quiet and great on gas. The PowerStart alternator makes it easy quick start and is made out of cast iron. This machine also has Recoil starting as well.

This machine paid for itself last year when we had the blizzard of 36 inches of snow. While the homes in our rural neighborhood were completely out of power I was able to run my heat(thanks to a direct line put in by my heating company), my fridge and few things in our house to be somewhat comfortable for seven hours we had to endure without full power. We even let our neighbor use one outlet so she could run a heater in her basement so her pipes would not freeze.

This machine is also great for those luxury campers who do want the feel of the great outdoors but also need that city culture also. We took ours camping and we used it to watch television, for lighting and cooking. Love sleeping under the stars in a tent. Made our camping fun more enjoyable. Jennifer was upset cause she could not bring her dishwasher, but you know somethings you just got to rough it in the great outdoors.

This Troy Bilt 9 Horsepower Generator come with a full two year parts and labor warranty against any defects. Please go to their web site at Troy-Bilt.com to find the right generator for your needs.

Chipper Vac Bag For Troy-bilt 47291 & 47292 (part 1909161)

Chipper Vac Bag For Troy-bilt 47291 & 47292 (part 1909161)

Chipper Vac Bag for Troy-Bilt 47291 & 47292 Part number: 1909161 Fits Troy-Bilt chipper/shredder model: 47291 47292 Specification Length: 27 Width 22

Troy-bilt 24 Hp Gas 50 Riding Mower 13aa93kp066

Troy-bilt 24 Hp Gas 50 Riding Mower 13aa93kp066

CPO SEARCH SHOP BY CATEGORY Accessories Combo Kits Compressors Generators Cordless Tools Drills/Drivers Hand Tools Heavy-Duty Home Measuring Tools Met...

Troy-bilt Wood D-handle Digging Fork

Troy-bilt Tomahawk 10 & 12hp Pro Chipper Owners Manual

Troy-bilt Tomahawk 10 & 12hp Pro Chipper Owners Manual

TROY-BILT TOMAHAWK PRO CHIPPER, 10 12 HP, OWNER / OPERATOR MANUAL (USED ): YOU YOU ARE BIDDING ON A TROY-BILT TOMAHAWK PRO CHIPPER OWNER / OPERATOR MA...

Troy-Bilt 208cc 16 in. Super Bronco Counter-Rotating Rear Tine Tiller 21D-65M8766

208cc 16 in. Super Bronco Counter-Rotating Rear Tine Tiller - 21D-65M8766. Powerful 208cc Troy-Bilt, 4-cycle engine. Cultivate compact soil and small ...
CPO Outlets

TROY BILT 41AJBCC954 Brushcutter Attachment G8853564

TROY BILT 41AJBCC954 Brushcutter Attachment G8853564

Brushcutter Attachment, For Use With TroyBilt Trimmers with EZ Link Technology, Fits Brand Troy Bilt
Zoro

Newegg.com

Troy Bilt Troybilt Built Parts

Troy Bilt Troybilt Built Parts

Troy BILT Built TROYBILT Tiller Parts NOS SORRY DON'T KNOW THE PART NUMBER. Shipping any where in the U.S.A. $15.00 Thanks For Looking.