Troy-Bilt Troy-Bilt 9 Hp Portable Generator

Troy-Bilt Troy-Bilt 9 Hp Portable Generator....A Great Machine for Work, Home and Play.

Jan 14, 2004 (Updated Sep 5, 2010)

Pros:Long running machine, with quality and durability. 6 years old and still going strong.

Cons:Will need two people to load onto your truck.

The Bottom Line: This machine has a wide variety of uses. It is well worth the investment.

For the last few years now the weather has been playing havoc in our rural area. The power outages sometime were to unbearable to stand especially in brutal cold weather with ice and snow storm that have been gracing the northeast. It was time to solve this problem.

I went to Lowes to see which line of generators were available for the price and quality I needed. We decided to buy this Troy-Bilt 9 Horsepower Portable Generator. It was already pre-assemble except for the wheel kit that they provided. All together it took me about a half an hour to put the oil in the engine and the wheels on.

When I started it I couldn't believe how quiet sounding this Troy Bilt 9 Horse Power Portable Generator really is. I used this machine instead of my running electric from my workshop to see how it would handle. I use my electric impact wrenches on it to remove lawn blades to sharpen and put back on my mowers. I also used it with a battery charger to charge the battery in my BobCat mower. I then used a table saw in the 120/240 plug and it seem to hold up very well. It ran for just under 14 hours on the first tank of gas at full power.

It truly comes handy at work when I don't have a direct a/c current of my own to work with. It comes with three Nema# 2 twenty amp plugs for 120 volts and one Nema# L-14- 30R thirty amp plug for 120/240 volts. So I guess it's a great home/work machine. The steady 6000 running watts will run three different tools evenly. Starting watts hold at around 7500.

It's definitely made for outdoor use also. The handle makes it easy to walk up a ramp and load on the back of my truck. The 10 inch pneumatic tires makes this machine very easy to move from one place to another. It weighs near a hundred and twenty five pounds, with proper leverage when moving it seems very light. For safety sake use two people when loading on a truck unless you have a lift wench.

The frame is made of steel which is painted red which has been baked on with many coats, I have a few scratches on it but have not hit bare metal as of yet. It is very well built to hold up under a lot of banging around from one construction site to the next. The nine horsepower OHV(Overhead Valve) Briggs and Stratton motor is very quiet and great on gas. The PowerStart alternator makes it easy quick start and is made out of cast iron. This machine also has Recoil starting as well.

This machine paid for itself last year when we had the blizzard of 36 inches of snow. While the homes in our rural neighborhood were completely out of power I was able to run my heat(thanks to a direct line put in by my heating company), my fridge and few things in our house to be somewhat comfortable for seven hours we had to endure without full power. We even let our neighbor use one outlet so she could run a heater in her basement so her pipes would not freeze.

This machine is also great for those luxury campers who do want the feel of the great outdoors but also need that city culture also. We took ours camping and we used it to watch television, for lighting and cooking. Love sleeping under the stars in a tent. Made our camping fun more enjoyable. Jennifer was upset cause she could not bring her dishwasher, but you know somethings you just got to rough it in the great outdoors.

This Troy Bilt 9 Horsepower Generator come with a full two year parts and labor warranty against any defects. Please go to their web site at Troy-Bilt.com to find the right generator for your needs.

Chipper Vac Bag For Troy-bilt 47291 & 47292 (part 1909161)

Chipper Vac Bag For Troy-bilt 47291 & 47292 (part 1909161)

Chipper Vac Bag for Troy-Bilt 47291 & 47292 Part number: 1909161 Fits Troy-Bilt chipper/shredder model: 47291 47292 Specification Length: 27 Width 22

Troy-bilt Wood Long Handle Transfer Shovel

Troy-bilt Wood Long Handle Transfer Shovel

Troy-Bilt Wood Long Handle Transfer Shovel Features Durable ash wood handle Rust-resistant stainless steel rivets and pro-collar Oversized forward-tur...

Troy-Bilt Front Bumper Kit OEM-190-679

Troy-Bilt Front Bumper Kit OEM-190-679

Fits all Troy-Bilt and MTD lawn and garden tractors. Rugged all-steel bumper for added safety and protection. Installs easily.
Lowe's

Stens Drive Disc For Troy Bilt 2111

Stens Drive Disc For Troy Bilt 2111

Stens Replacement Drive Disc For Troy Bilt 2111

Troy-bilt 24 Hp Gas 50 Riding Mower 13aa93kp066

Troy-bilt 24 Hp Gas 50 Riding Mower 13aa93kp066

CPO SEARCH SHOP BY CATEGORY Accessories Combo Kits Compressors Generators Cordless Tools Drills/Drivers Hand Tools Heavy-Duty Home Measuring Tools Met...

Troy-bilt Aluminum Hand Trowel

Troy-bilt Aluminum Hand Trowel

Troy-Bilt Aluminum Hand Trowel Features Aluminum hand trowel Ergo-shaped handle for added comfort Lightweight, aluminum head Non-slip thumb grip Detai...

Troy-Bilt Electric-Start Snow Thrower - 243cc 4-Cycle Engine

Troy-Bilt Electric-Start Snow Thrower - 243cc 4-Cycle Engine

With well balanced engineering and Just One Hand operation, this Troy-Bilt Electric Start Snow Thrower with a 12in. serrated auger is super easy to us...
Northern Tool
Troy-Bilt 42-in Tractor Mulch Kit OEM-190-116

Troy-Bilt 42-in Tractor Mulch Kit OEM-190-116

Fits all Troy-Bilt and MTD 38 and 42 side discharge deep deck tractors and zero turn mowers. Includes mulch plug, deck strips, hardware, and installa...
Lowe's