Tupperware TupperWave Stack Cooker Reviews

Tupperware TupperWave Stack Cooker

Tupperware TupperWave Stack Cooker: Stack Dilly-iscious!

Mar 10, 2003 (Updated Feb 9, 2004)

Pros:a complete meal in 30 minutes or less

Cons:expensive, can't use without a microwave

The Bottom Line: If you like cooking in the microwave, try the TupperWave Stack Cooker. If you don't have a microwave, pass on this set.

Do you like crock pot meals? I certainly do! I love the fact that I spend only a few minutes in the morning putting things in the crock and then I turn it on and forget about it until it's time for dinner.

But what about those days when there are just too many of "life's little emergencies" or you forget to turn on the crock pot in the morning? That's where the Tupperware TupperWave Stack Cooker comes in to play.

The Tupperware TupperWave Stack Cooker is a great product and it can make your life a lot easier. In some ways, it's a lot like a crock pot in that you can prepare an entire meal at one time. However, you don't have to plan your meal hours in advance as the Tupperware TupperWave Stack Cooker only requires half an hour to cook your meal. You also can choose many different items to prepare at one time, as they all aren't cooked in the same container. You won't have to worry about eating chicken flavored rice or broccoli. This set is used exclusively in the microwave so you'll need to have a microwave oven at home to use the Tupperware TupperWave Stack Cooker.

Features and Uses

The TupperWave Stack Cooker is a microwave cooking set. You can purchase one of two sets: the Baker's Set which has a 3 quart casserole, seal and a cooking cone. The Mealmaker Set has a 1 quart casserole, a quart casserole/cover, a colander and a storage seal. It also comes with a recipe booklet. You can also purchase the colander separately. which comes in handy for steaming vegetables and browning meat.

The theory behind the TupperWave Stack Cooker is that you can cook an entire meal (main course and side dishes or dessert) at one time, in the microwave, having each item ready at the same time. You don't have to stop the microwave to turn anything or stir or check in on it at all. Within half an hour of putting your TupperWave Stack Cooker into the microwave, you're ready to eat.

How it works is that you place your main dish in one casserole, a side dish in another and either another side dish or a dessert in a third. You stack them on top of each other and start the microwave. As soon as its done cooking, you can unstack the casseroles and take them straight to the table. The current TupperWave Stack Cooker is a really attractive translucent Cranberry color and looks nice on the table. It used to be manufactured in a quite hideous pinky beige color and you can still find those regularly on eBay. Some people bake cakes using the stack cooker but I don't care for the taste. That's what the oven is for in my house.

Speaking of the oven, the TupperWave Stack Cooker is designed to use ONLY in the microwave. It should not be used in a regular oven or on the stove.

When you take a closer look at the TupperWave Stack Cooker, you'll notice that the bottom of each piece has ridges which help the microwaves circulate around the container. At least that's the theory! The bottom edges are rounded and the material is non-porous and stain-resistant. The handles are textured to make them easier to hold. The TupperWave Stack Cooker nests so that it's easy to store. I've found that I've had to store my cone and seals separately. The seals are for storage only and I've never had leftovers so that hasn't been an issue. The TupperWave Stack Cooker can easily go into the refrigerator and it is freezer-safe.

The 3 quart casserole has a 12 cup capacity and the 1 casserole has a 7 cup capacity. The cover when inverted holds up to 3 cups of food. The colander has a 7 cup capacity. The cone and colander can be used with either the 3 quart or the 1 quart casseroles.

If you really love the Tupperware TupperWave Stack Cooker, another item Tupperware offers is the Oval Microwave Cooker. It works in a similar fashion and is also highly recommended.

Other specifications

The Tupperware TupperWave Stack Cooker is dishwasher safe, but I have always hand-washed it. I also hand-wash my dishwasher safe pots and pans so that says more about me than about the Stack Cooker!

The Stack Cooker is covered by Tupperware full lifetime warranty against chipping, cracking, breaking and peeling. What this means is that if any of the above occurs, you get a replacement at no cost. If you put your Stack Cooker on top of a gas burner on your stove and it melts, I'm sorry but you're out of luck.

Should you need a replacement, the mold numbers are as follows:

2192 - 3 quart casserole
2210 - 1 quart casserole
2193 - quart casserole/cover
2196 - cone
2197 - seal
2195 - colander

After saying all of that, I'm a former Tupperware consultant and never had a customer need a warranty replacement of any part of the Tupperware TupperWave Stack Cooker.

Where to Buy

The Tupperware TupperWave Stack Cooker is available for purchase through Tupperware's website at www.tupperware.com and through Tupperware mall showcase kiosks. You can also purchase the Tupperware TupperWave Stack Cooker by contacting a consultant.

My personal recommendation would be to contact a consultant through the Tupperware webpage. If you order directly from a consultant (and you do not have to host a party to do this), the prices are lower than over the Internet or at Showcase. Internet prices are set by Tupperware and there is a markup.

Tupperware TupperWave Stack Cooker 1 3/4 Qt Casserole with Seal ~ add on to Stack Cooker Set.

Features: Tupperware ~ TupperWave Add on 1 3/4 Qt. Casserole & Seal Complete Stack Cooker Sold Separately Lifetime Warranty Microwave cooking! Tupperw...
Tupperware Tupperwave Cook It Microwave 2.25 L Bowl

Tupperware Tupperwave Cook It Microwave 2.25 L Bowl

~~Welcome to Sweet House~~ Tupperware TupperWave Cook It Bowl Forget slow cooking. Fast cook delicious soups, stews and entrees for the whole family i...