Turtle Wax Ice Liquid Polish
(31 Epinions reviews)
Epinions Product Rating:
TurtleWax Ice has issues
Jun 26, 2011
Review by omguru77
Pros:Quick and easy
Cons:Cold Weather performance and streaking (could be an application issue)
The Bottom Line: Streaking during cold weather. Very frustrating after spending over 4 hours working to make the care shine!
I applied ICE on my brand new car (dark gray color). I paid extra close attention to the directions on the box to be sure I am applying it correctly. Here's what I did:
Recommend this product?
1. Washed the car with Turtle Car Wash liquid.
2. Dried the car with no residual water.
3. Waited till all the car surfaces were cooled off so there would the liquid would not dry too quick.
4. Applied ICE polish on the applicator pad it came with and then applied it to the entire car. I ended up having to apply more ICE polish on the applicator pad to cover the whole car.
5. Then I wiped the excess liquid from the car surface with the provided microfiber towel. I noticed it was leaving streaks as I did that.
6. After wiping the excess off the car, I used a new microfiber pad on the rotary buffer to buff the surface to a shine. I did not apply too much pressure.
Results: the car was shining real nice when I got done. However, the next morning there was streaking on the front hood and top of the rear trunk lid.
1. I took a clean terry cloth and wiped-off the condensation to prepare the surface for another application of ICE polish.
2. After wiping the hood and trunk lid off, I applied ICE polish on the applicator pad (less amount than the night prior) and wiped it onto the two surfaces.
3. Then I used the microfiber towel provided (washed, cleaned, and dried after last night's application) and wiped the excess polish off with one quarter portion of the towel.
4. Then I flipped to towel to the other quarter (totally dry) and lightly buffed the two surfaces. Results: streaking was gone.
The Problem NOW: I then traveled 400 miles to South-western CA near Santa Maria, CA, where the temperatures dropped to 54 deg F and there is humidity. I noticed that ALL OVER the car body I have streaking in the same direction I applied the ICE polish on all surfaces, not just the hood and lid of the trunk.
Due to this issue with TurtleWax ICE Synthetic Polish, I would rate this product 3/5 stars.
Ease of Application: Average; takes some care to apply and shine well
Share this product review with your friends
CAR WAX POLISH TURTLE WAX ICE FACTORY SEALED FRESH NEW Clear wax that blends silicone and hydrocarbon polymers to provide extraordinary shine and dura...
Clear wax that blends silicone and hydrocarbon polymers to provide extraordinary shine and durability. Can be applied to all exterior rubber, plastic ...
Turtle -Ice Premium Care Car Wax, Tuff Scuff Multi Purpose Foam Cleaner, and Black Magic -Tire Wet - A 3 Piece Assortment of items that will help you ...
The Lotoons Store NEW Turtle Wax T-468R ICE Liquid Wax - 14 oz. 1. NO SALES TAX 2. LOW COST EXPEDITED SHIPPING FOR US BUYERS 3. WE ARE NOW SHIPPING WO...
Turtle Wax T468R 14 OZ, Ice Liquid Synthetic Wax, Innovative New Technology Blends Silicone Organic Polymers To Provide Extraordinary Shine Durability...
The Ice Paste Wax has a breakthrough dirt repellent synthetic formula that keeps finishes cleaner longer for a maximum high gloss shine.
Turtle Wax Ice Premium Car Care Kit Turtle Wax Ice Premium Car Care Bucket with Ice premium car wash, spray wax, interior cleaner protectant and tire ...
Turtle Ice Premium Care Liquid Wax Quantity: 1-Kit Delivers long lasting, water resistant shine and protection to your vehicle's exterior surfaces Shi...
YOU ARE GETTING TURTLE WAX PREMIUM CAR CARE KIT Includes wash bucket, Ice wash, Ice Spray Wax, Ice Total Interior cleaner and Ice Tire Shine to cover ...
Liquid Car Wax, Synthetic, 14 Oz., Bottle, Beige, Beige, Voc Content 0.01, Contains Water Wax, Ph 8.65, For Use With Microfiber Towels