Turtle Wax T 468 Ice Liquid Polish, 16 ounces Reviews

Turtle Wax T 468 Ice Liquid Polish, 16 ounces

Epinions Product Rating: OK

This Turtle Wax Ice Polish Works Great!

Aug 22, 2009

Pros:Easy application, no white residue, economical, beautiful shine everywhere it goes

Cons:Don't like the smell or greasy residue, improved durability would help

The Bottom Line: Highly recommended. Ease of application, no white residue, and glossy finish are its best attributes.

I have been using this Turtle Wax Ice Liquid Polish for over 3 years. It is the only polish that I have used on my white 2006 Prius. Recently I was told that my car still looks brand new and I can attribute that directly to this polish.

I purchased this product as part of a detail kit from Costco. Included with the polish was an equal sized bottle of spray detailer along with a sponge applicator and microfiber towel.

The spray detailer was to be used as a quick touch up between polishes and even between washes. The trade-off is that supposedly the spray is quicker to use but doesn't last as long. However, I have yet to use the spray detailer because the polish is all I need. To me if you are going through the motions of polishing your car, you might as well use the longer lasting product.

I forgot exactly how much I spent, but currently the polish alone costs about $15 from Amazon.com. The retail price is $18. I also remember seeing it at Walmart, so it is available all over.

This is the easiest polish I have ever used. After washing and drying the car, I squeeze very little of the liquid polish to the applicator and just rub it on. You don't have to apply any pressure whatsoever. It is similar to greasing a baking pan, but even easier as there is very little drag.

The instructions state that you can apply it to ALL exterior surfaces. Except the glass, of course. So you don't have to worry that you will accidentally polish somewhere you would rather not. So wherever you apply it, rubber trim or metal trim, everything just looks shinier and better. The polish does not leave any type of opaque residue to so you do not need to worry about it getting into any crevices such as on any badging.

What I think is remarkable is that the instructions specifically state that you can apply it to the plastic headlight lens. I have noticed when I walk through parking lots that so many people have headlight lenses that are all clouded over. I believe it is because they polished their lenses with some standard car polish. Over time the polish somehow causes the lens to become cloudy. Well, no worries with this polish! And although my car is relatively new, the lenses are still totally clear.

After applying to the entire car, which only takes a few minutes, I then use a microfiber towel to wipe off any excess polish and this somehow gives an improved shine to the finish. The polish does not harden so the towel just glides on the surface. And that is it!!!

When I used traditional polish, I would always later find some parts where I missed wiping off the polish as it would be all hazy. With this Ice Wax polish, you don't even notice because it just blends right in.

When I first started using the product, I was sort of surprised after the following car wash. It seems that if there is sufficient amounts of remaining polish on your car and you use a strong car wash detergent, then the polish gets removed and after rinsing, these weird spots form on the glass, which sort of go away over time.

This prompted me to go out and buy the Ice Wax Car Wash. This sort of helped but basically it is like a weakened version of car wash. You have to use more product just to get a decent amount suds. I haven't found a way to completely prevent the spots but I have noticed that much more are formed if you wash in the hot afternoon sun. I think the heat makes more of the existing car polish come off which then settles on the glass. I would like to say that although the product seems to wash of easily, only part of it gets washed off and polish still remains on your car to protect it.

Another surprising benefit is that it is very economical. After 3 years of using the product, I only used up 1/4 of the bottle! Supposedly, if the product doesn't go bad, it could last for 9 more years!

I have come up with three drawbacks, but some or all may not affect you at all. The first is the smell of the product. It has a mild but artificial chemical smell that is hard to describe. When I first used it, it smelled okay. However after subsequent uses I started to not like the smell.
Similarly the oily feel of the polish got sort of bothersome. I used to use my bare hands while applying the polish and it would leave this oily residue on my hands that would last for a day, even after taking a shower. Over time I started to not like the feel of it and because of its synthetic nature, I started to think that maybe it was not the best to be handling it directly. Thus I now try to remember to always use disposable gloves when polishing.

Lastly, I felt the product would be improved if it didn't wash away so easily or stayed on longer. Sure enough, I think it was last year that I saw in Costco the same polish but with "New, longer lasting formula!" on the label.

Regarding how long the polish lasts on your car, I would say that it lasts roughly 75% as long as polishes I have used before. Previous to this I was using Meguiar's Gold Class Liquid Polish. However I feel its redeeming qualities more than make up for that shortcoming.

Turtle Wax T-468r Ice Liquid Wax - 14 Oz.

Turtle Wax T-468r Ice Liquid Wax - 14 Oz.

The Lotoons Store NEW Turtle Wax T-468R ICE Liquid Wax - 14 oz. 1. NO SALES TAX 2. LOW COST EXPEDITED SHIPPING FOR US BUYERS 3. WE ARE NOW SHIPPING WO...

Turtle Wax T468r Ice Liquid Car Wax, 14 Oz

Turtle Wax T468r Ice Liquid Car Wax, 14 Oz

Clear wax that blends silicone and hydrocarbon polymers to provide extraordinary shine and durability. Can be applied to all exterior rubber, plastic ...

Turtle Wax T468r Ice Liquid Automotive Car Wax Polish Protector 16oz Sale

Turtle Wax T468r Ice Liquid Automotive Car Wax Polish Protector 16oz Sale

CAR WAX POLISH TURTLE WAX ICE FACTORY SEALED FRESH NEW Clear wax that blends silicone and hydrocarbon polymers to provide extraordinary shine and dura...

Auto Wax And Dry By Turtle Wax

Auto Wax And Dry By Turtle Wax

26OZSPRAY AUTO DRY & WAX: car wash & wax
14oz Ice Liquid Wax T468r

14oz Ice Liquid Wax T468r

14oz Ice Liquid Wax Model: T468R Made in: United States Manufacturer: Turtle Wax Weight: 1.67 pounds UPC: 074660304686 ICE Liquid Car Wax - Improved f...

Ice Liquid Car Wax By Turtle Wax

Ice Liquid Car Wax By Turtle Wax

14Oz Ice Liquid Wax: Auto Polish Turtle Wax
Turtle Wax Ice Premium Gift Kit Bucket

Turtle Wax Ice Premium Gift Kit Bucket

**Buy a Two pack and Save** Click Here The Turtle Wax Ice Premium Car Care Kit Bucket contains the latest technology to drive performance excellence. ...

TURTLE WAX T472R Liquid Car Wash,48 Oz.,Bottle

TURTLE WAX T472R Liquid Car Wash,48 Oz.,Bottle

Liquid Car Wash, Biodegradable, 48 oz., Bottle, Light Blue, Light Blue, VOC Content 0, Contains Water Surfactant, pH 9.0, For Use With Microfiber Towe...
Zoro