Two Men and a Truck Moving Company

Epinions Product Rating: OK

Two Men & A Truck® ~ load ‘em up boys

May 8, 2003 (Updated May 9, 2003)

• Customer Service Experience:

Pros:inexpensive, thorough, satisfaction guaranteed

Cons:don't move state-to-state, darn

The Bottom Line: ......

Moving is never the best experience, no matter how prepared you may seem. I have often moved late at night, many treks in the car before the final big move, usually in a friend’s truck or the rented U-Haul. It’s a hard, backbreaking job no one enjoys. When I decided to cut strings and move away from the old neighborhood, relocating to the opposite side of town, I reached a new problem. I no longer had friends with trucks, my car was too small for the many little treks, and frankly, I was just getting too old to mess with that stuff.

I had seen their trucks around town, distinctive white trucks with bold black writing Two Men and A Truck® . Giving them a call, they offered an immediate estimate on the phone based on the information I gave them. Following this up with a written quotation, a helpful hints page, a check off sheet, and a follow up phone call, it seemed I had found my salvation.

Moving Day 1
They were prompt, polite, and efficient. I had elected to pack the household goods myself, although they offer this as well, marking each carton the final room destination. They unloaded my apartment, 6 rooms & appliances, in under 1 hour and we were on our way to the new digs. The only thing they would not transport was my Iguana, although they were nice enough to load his cage in my car – they weren’t pleased about it but we had a good laugh.

Reaching my new house, they unpacked the truck, placed all the items where they belonged, even hooking up the appliances and assembling the bed in less than 1 hour again.

Unfortunately I was left with the unpacking, but they will hire that out as well if you want. Total expense for this move is $75.00 per hour/per man. It cost me $120.00 for the move and trust me, well worth it. Even my handmade 4’ dollhouse arrived just as pristine as it was at the old digs.

Couldn’t be more satisfied with this move.

Moving Day 2, 4 years later
Between the move to the new house and this final move, I had once again packed up the car and various trucks and attempted that move on my own again. It was one of the most exhausting things I have done and I swore – never again!

When Diane [SurgRN911] indicated she would be coming to Columbus on assignment, we worked out a living arrangement. However, although the house I was living in was plenty large, the neighborhood had suddenly turned into a prison release facility. Realizing I had to once again move, I made the call to Two Men and A Truck® .

Rates had not changed over the years, still $75.00 per hour/per man. Moving time, including unloading the old house and reloading the new house, including set up of appliances and beds once again – 2 ˝ hours – at a price total of $220.00.

You are probably wondering about the math on both moves, but there are extra charges for mats, boxes, hook-ups, etc. Even with that, I don’t think you can beat those prices to say nothing of the aggravation.

A friend at work used this company just last week, on my recommendation, to move his parents from their family home to a retirement village. Again, reasonable pricing, efficient moving, and polite workers.

Two Men and A Truck® – what is it?
In 1985, two young boys with a pick up truck started this business as an after school project. As of January 1, 2003 they have 117 locations in 24 states operating over 700 trucks. Now, that’s success.

They offer a full range of packing supplies at their store. A size chart tells you just what size box you need for the appropriate item. The pricing for these supplies is fair and follows market value. They also offer a loading and unloading service. For instance, I will soon be relocating to another state, Two Men and A Truck® will come to my home and load my truck of choice and then another crew will meet me at the new location and unload and set up the items. So, except for transporting, I still have the use of someone else’s back for the heavy chores.

Another feature they offer, if you are moving within the state, you can make a stop along the way to pick up other items. No, I don’t mean you can stop at any shop and purchase your new things, I mean if you have items in storage somewhere, they will stop at those locations and add the items to your total moving experience. Naturally, there is an extra expense for this, which is quoted before the beginning of the job.

They have a franchise opportunity if you are interested in becoming an independent businessperson. Through this you pick up all the media data required and become a part of this large, enterprising system. I have not checked into this, fees start around $32,000, but you can find out all you need on their web page.

An award winning company, Two Men and A Truck® was ranked in “Top 500 Women-Owned Businesses,” Working Women Magazine, 1999, 2000, and 2001. Peaked at #182 in 2001. They are highly recognized and applauded all over the United States.

In addition to residential moving services, they also offer commercial services, at a reasonable rate.

To better facilitate their operations, they have instituted their own training services, Stick Men University®, which teaches their prospective employees the ‘right way’ to handle that delicate merchandise. It also has a driving course, loading, packing, and equipment operation. Through Stick Men University® you can also use their online training services.

If you are anticipating a move, visit their user-friendly website and find out if Two Men and A Truck® have a facility in your state. You simply cannot go wrong with this company, their motto is “Movers Who Care”® and they live by this code.

Thanks,
Susi

Thanks to pogomom for working to get this added to the data base – smiley face for you mom!

Punctuality: Showed up early
Ease of Filing Claim: N/A
Lost Goods: No

Independent Truck Company, Mens Tshirt, Medium,premium Slim Fit

Independent Truck Company, Mens Tshirt, Medium,premium Slim Fit

You are looking at a brand new, with original tags, mens t shirt made by Independent Trucks. It is 100% cotton and premium material. Its a slim fit cu...

Low Cost Food Truck Tee: Port & Company Unisex Basic Essential Tee

Low Cost Food Truck Tee: Port & Company Unisex Basic Essential Tee

Customize inexpensive designs for food trucks, food carts, bbq (barbecue) joints, restaurants, delis, drive-thrus or any business. Use your own logo o...

Fried Chicken Food Truck: Port & Company Unisex Essential Pocket Tee

Fried Chicken Food Truck: Port & Company Unisex Essential Pocket Tee

Customize designs for food trucks, food carts, bbq (barbecue) joints, restaurants, delis, drive-thrus or any business. Use your own logo or use the co...

Fire Truck by Hape, OS - Company Kids

Fire Truck by Hape, OS - Company Kids

Fire Truck and firefighterIncludes two pieces: the Big Red Fire Truck and one fireman dressed for every fireExpandable ladder, moving wheels and retra...
The Company Store

Move Over Derby: Port & Company Youth Basic T-Shirt

Move Over Derby: Port & Company Youth Basic T-Shirt

Customize your very own Youth Roller Derby shirt at Customized Girl! Our Port & Company crew neck white promo tee is perfect for boys and girls alike...

Blue Hat Toy Company Rc Truck

Blue Hat Toy Company Rc Truck

Blue Toy Company takes real-life racing to the next level with the Rc Truck! This multi-directional all-terrain monster truck is fast enough for compe...
Macys.com

Port & Company Men's 100% Cotton V-Neck T-Shirt WHITE A2XL

Port & Company Men's 100% Cotton V-Neck T-Shirt WHITE A2XL

Port & Company® Men's 5.4-oz 100% Cotton V-Neck T-Shirt Description: A v-neck gives our budget-friendly tee up-to-date style. Details: - 5.4-ounce, ...
Epic Sports
CafePress Two's Company, Three's A Party Dark T-Shirt

CafePress Two's Company, Three's A Party Dark T-Shirt

Dark T-shirt100% preshrunk cotton, Charcoal Grey is 50% cotton/50% polyesterCrew NecklineStandard FitMachine Wash Cold
CafePress.com