Ty Beanie Babies Righty Patriotic Elephant in Red

Righty The Very Patriotic Elephant

Aug 31, 2010

Pros: Patriotic, good quality, online world at Ty.com

Cons:None.

The Bottom Line: The red, white and blue Righty the Elephant is a great way to show your patriotism or your support of the Republican party.

My daughter has too many stuffed animals to count, but it seems that she adds to her collection on a regular basis.  Since my husband has always been involved in politics, on the side that the elephant represents, when my daughter saw the Ty Beanie Babies: Righty Patriotic Elephant in Red and showed it to daddy, of course it came home with us.

Unlike most of the other elephant toys we have in our house, this cute little guy is not gray.  He is mostly red, with red and white stripes on the undersides of his ears and white stars on a blue background on the bottom of his four feet an on the tip of his trunk.  He has black button eyes and a small red mouth.

He measures almost 7" tall to the tip of his trunk and he can stand on all four feet or sit on his bottom with his front two feet between his back two.  Our Righty gets played with on occasion, but he is mostly for show, so we have him in a sitting position so that the blue and white star design on the bottoms of his feet can be seen.

For the most part, this elephant sits on display on a shelf, but once in a while he comes down and is played with.  As usually happens with these smaller-sized toys, they become balls and get tossed around the room.  We have had no seams open or any other problems with him.

Righty was created in 2008 and is part of Ty's Beanie Babies 2.0 Collection an it has a blue circle with a yellow lightning bolt and "ty.com" written on it to indicate this.   Any toy with this designation also comes with a passcode to get into Ty's virtual online world, similar to that of Webkinz.  Once you register yourself (or your child) once, each time you purchase another animal, you can register it as well and a cartoonish version of it will show up on the screen.  You can then play with it, feed it, dress it and take it to the doctor, as well as play games to earn Beans, which is the currency in that world.  My daughter has only played with her online version a few times since she only has one of these Ty 2.0 stuffed toys and probably about thirty Webkinz by now, so she tends to play on that website much more often.  Additionally, many of her friends have Webkinz as well so that they can send each other messages and play games against each other, so she is more enticed to visit that website.

This toy is very cute, and it does make for a nice patriotic toy since it is red, white and blue. Of course, there is also a donkey named Lefty, which is this toy's opposite:  blue with accents of white stars on a red background.  I have seen them sold as a set for about twelve dollars, but if you are like our household and have somebody who is very much on one side of the political landscape, you will most likely only be purchasing one of these two toys.

Righty is fairly inexpensive, priced at about five to eight dollars, so that it would make a nice gift if you are visiting a child on Independence Day, or if a child has a family member in the military.

Type of Toy: Stuffed Toy
Age Range of Child: Whole Family

Lot Of 3 Mcdonalds Ty Beanie Babies American Trio lefty, Righty, Libearty  Nip

Lot Of 3 Mcdonalds Ty Beanie Babies American Trio lefty, Righty, Libearty Nip

Set of 3 McDonald Ty Beanie Babies Collection American TrioRighty - The Elephant - Date Introduced: June 15, 1996. Date of Birth: July 4, 1996 Lefty -...

TY Beanie Babies Max

TY Beanie Babies Max

Max rabbit. Cuddle up with this adorable TY beanie baby
Quill.com

Ty Beanie Baby Stilts

Ty Beanie Baby Stilts

Type: Beanie Baby Stilts; Colors: Black, Orange, White; Condition: New With Tags; Width: 4; Length: 9; UPC: 008421042210; Age Group: 2 - 4 yrs.
Swap.com

TY Beanie Babies Disney Sparkle Minnie Mouse-No Size, Red

TY Beanie Babies Disney Sparkle Minnie Mouse-No Size, Red

TY Beanie Babies Disney Sparkle Minnie Mouse is approximately 8'' in height. A great match for the Disney Sparkle Mickey Mouse, sold separately. TY be...
BeallsFlorida.com

TY Beanie Babies Ruby

TY Beanie Babies Ruby

Ruby rabbit. Cuddle up with this adorable TY beanie baby
Quill.com

Hello Kitty 8 in Ty Beanie Baby

Hello Kitty 8 in Ty Beanie Baby

The Hello Kitty 8 Ty Beanie Baby is the perfect party favor, stocking stuffer, or gift for any Hello Kitty fan. This ice cream themed doll features He...
Toys R Us

Ty Beanie Babies MICKEY

Ty Beanie Babies MICKEY

MICKEY with sparkle. Size: 8 Inches. Ages: 3+. WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD - Small Parts. Not for children under 3 years.
Boscovs.com

TY Beanie Baby Diego

Official product from Ty?s wildly popular Beanie Babies Collection Look for the familiar heart-shaped tag that means you?ve purchased an authentic Ty ...
pig ty beanie baby Chasing Fireflies

pig ty beanie baby Chasing Fireflies

A darling addition to your child's menagerie. This little piggy is silky soft, with a curly tail and perky ears. Measures 5 x 6 x 3.
chasing fireflies