-11%

+$4.97 shipping Walmart.com
+$5.99 shipping Toys R Us

Uno Moooooo!

Dec 29, 2009

Pros:Really fun to play and great for toddlers!

Cons:Nothing really

The Bottom Line: This is a great game for toddlers and is a really fun way to play Uno.

I found the Uno Moo Game at K-Mart one day for around $15.  This game is for preschoolers which is great for our son who is close to 4 years old.  I also figured that this would be a great game that both our kids can play together even though our daughter is 8 years old.  She likes being able to play games with her brother, the only problem is they don't have too many that they can both play.  I was pleased that the Uno Moo Game is a game they both enjoy.

Description

The game comes in a red barn that's used as the game board.  It also works as storage for the game pieces.  It measures approximately 8 inches by 4 inches and 5 inches tall.  The barn has a brown roof and on both sides of the barn are 3 windows with an animal in each one.  There is a cow, a dog, a pig, a lamb, a rooster, and a skunk.  The siding on the barn is molded into the plastic and the roof shingles are also molded into the plastic.  At one end of the barn are painted on white doors that do not open and there is a window above that door that does open.  The whole barn opens up by lifting the red plastic latch on the front and the whole roof opens up.

Inside the barn, you will find all the game pieces, 4 cardboard haystack partitions to hide piece from other players, and the instruction sheet.  The game pieces look like little animals that look like they are ball shaped.  The ball shaped pieces are flat on the bottom so that they can't roll away.  There are 28 game pieces in the colors of red, blue, yellow, and green which include:  4 cows, 4 pigs, 4 dogs, 4 sheep, 4 chickens, and 4 skunks.  All four pieces of each animal is one of each color, which means there are 4 cows with one being red, one blue, one yellow, and one green and so on and so on.  There are also 4 farmers which are all white.

All the pieces are about an inch and a half tall.  They all have stickers on the front of them with animal faces.  All the stickers were already on the pieces so that is a big bonus!  The haystack partitions are about 8 inches across so hiding the game pieces from other players is easy.

How to Play

This game is for kids 3 years and older.  It is for 2-4 players.  This game is a lot like playing the original Uno card game but it's made a lot simpler for younger kids.  To start, all the pieces are placed inside the barn all mixed up.  All players take 5 pieces and hide them behind their haystacks.  You then open the window at the top of the barn after the barn is closed up.  You randomly pick a leftover game piece that is inside the barn and place it on the platform from the open window.  What ever animal or color it is, is what you start with.

The first player looks at their game pieces and if they have one that either matches the color or the animal, they push the animal that is there through the door and sit their own piece there.  Then the next player goes and so on and so on.  If a player doesn't have a matching piece, they have to draw another from inside the barn.  If it is a match, you can automatically play it.  The first player to get all there animals back into the barn wins!

There are 2 special pieces in the game.  The 4 white farmer pieces are wild and can be played as any color or any animal.  The player that uses it chooses what the color will be.  The farmer can be played at any time in the game.  There are 4 skunks (one of every color except white) and they make the next player have to draw 2 more pieces from the barn.  These have to be played by matching the color.  Of course when a player only has one piece left, they have to yell Uno Moo!.  If you don't and another player catches it, you have to draw 2 more game pieces.

Performance/Opinion

Sounds pretty much the same doesn't it?  I think it's easier for kids to learn to play Uno this way because it's more visual.  It was even easier for our 8 year old to learn this way because she has a learning disability that makes certain things a little more difficult to teach her like card games.  She caught on to this game really quickly.  Our son caught on pretty quickly so with the experiences that he had with it, I don't see a problem with the age recommendations at all.  A game typically lasts about 15-20 minutes, sometimes less.  I think this is a good amount of time and our kids will play a few games at a time before they put it away.

I do think that the players picking out their pieces at the start of the game or during the game are a little difficult.  For smaller kids playing, I don't think this is too much of a big deal but when picking pieces, that player shouldn't be able to see what they are picking out and the other players shouldn't see what they are either.  The player picking them will have to close their eyes and the others would have to look away.  This can be more difficult during the game.  Like I said, if they are all smaller kids, they may not know what cheating is but older kids probably would.

It only took both my kids to play one game with help and they knew exactly what to do.  They love playing this game and my son gets a kick out of yelling out Uno Moo!.  This is also one of those games that we don't have to let our kids win at either.  They can win all by themselves.  They play together all the time and we all play together every once in a while and we have a lot of fun.  I think it's a great game for families with young kids.  I give this game a full 5 stars and highly recommend it!  I also think it's one of the cutest games I have ever seen.

Type of Toy: Board Game
Age Range of Child: 3 to 5 Years

UNO Moo GameIn stock
The farm animals have come out of their barn to play in the UNO Moo game. Round them up by matching colors or animals. Is there a blue pig on the barn...
UNO Moo Farm Animal Matching Game. The farm animals have come out of their barn to play UNO Round them up by matching colors or animals. Is there a bl...
Toys R Us