LEGO Ultimate Building Set Reviews

LEGO Ultimate Building Set

Fantastic set!!!

Apr 22, 2008

Pros:endless possibilities

Cons:lots of little pieces

The Bottom Line: Definitely would recommend it, our son loves building so the possibilities are endless. If you don't want a million pieces lying around I would suggest to bypass it.

I wanted to get our 3 1/2 year old son a set of legos for Christmas but all the sets out there seemed like not enough pieces to put much together and I didn't want to have to buy 2 sets for him to build stuff and from other reviews that is what it seems like you have to do. So, I didn't end up getting him any.

After Christmas my mom found my old legos from when I was a kid(which didn't have many in there)and he had a ball so my mom went to walmart and bought a set to add to it and this is the set she got.

First of all the box is fantastic, it is sturdy and all the pieces fit in there as well as the little amount she had from my old set. It has a transparent lid for easy view of all the legos and is very very portable so we just transport them between our house and my parents house.

This set comes with a baseplate, wheels and special house elements, plus a booklet full of building instructions. The only bad part about the instructions is it doesn't show how all of things they picture can be put together so you have to figure it out on your own and with an impatient 3 1/2 year old that can be tricky since they want everything "now!".

It contains 405 pieces, including wheels and a couple people which you can change their hair, body style, and even put a helmet on them. Also included are extremely tiny tools (like wrenches, gas can, etc) and flower petals, which I am not fond of because they get lost really really easy. Besides that though I love the set and definitely will be adding on to it so he can build lots more. It makes for hours of fun!

P.S. If you don't like finding pieces every now and then even after picking them up I suggest you don't get this set either.

Type of Toy: Model Kits
Age Range of Child: 3 to 5 Years

This new tub features a great assortment of LEGO bricks and elements. Includes: building plate, minifigure, windows, doors, and wheels. New container ...