Unisom SleepTabs

Thanks for nothing, Unisom.

Jul 29, 2000 (Updated Jul 29, 2000)

Pros:NONE

Cons:does not work AT ALL

Maybe it's just me. I have this major insomnia problem that many sleep aids just can't touch. But come on, these things are supposed to help you fall asleep...fast. The two or three occasions I've tried Unisom, they didn't help at all. On one occasion, it seemed to make the problem worse!

The label says to take one tablet 30 minutes before going to bed. So if I follow the instructions, it would be reasonable to assume that I'll be asleep within 30 minutes of actually going to bed. (That gives the medicine about an hour to do its magic.)

Nope. No such luck. The first time I took this stuff, I was still lying awake in bed after about an hour. I'd taken it because I'd been having trouble sleeping, and I just wanted a decent night's sleep. Luckily, I had no reason to get up early the next morning, so I just stayed in bed and let nature take its course.

The second time I took this stuff was the same thing. Popped a Unisom, this time about 45 minutes to an hour before going to bed. (I got chatting on instant messenger, and I lost track of the time.) Still awake after an hour. Got up to get a drink from the kitchen, came back, and it probably took me another 30 minutes to fall asleep. The Unisom didn't touch me. Are we seeing a pattern here?

Okay, so the third time I tried using this stuff, I figured maybe I just naturally had a higher tolerance to this stuff. I was exhausted because I hadn't been sleeping well, and I really had to get up early in the morning. I really needed to sleep. I took two Unisom tablets about half an hour before bed. You shouldn't ever do this, especially with sleep aids, but I was desperate. So I went to bed and tried using some relaxation techniques to help out the Unisom. One hour passed. Two hours passed. I began to get very upset. Three hours passed. I began to sob softly into my pillow. It looked like I would never get to sleep. I'd already taken twice the dosage, and I couldn't take any more for fear of never waking up again if I ever did fall asleep. Four hours passed. When I looked at the clock and saw it was almost 5:00 a.m., I almost completely lost it. I was crying. But the crying ended up being a good thing, as it completely drained me of whatever energy was keeping me awake. I finally fell asleep. I got somewhere between three and four hours of sleep and could barely functioning.

Don't take this stuff. I've had better luck with Simply Sleep. You can read my review of that. And even Benadryl Allergy worked better than this garbage. For something so expensive, I would have hoped for something that actually works.

Thanks for nothing, Unisom.

Safeway Sleeptabs Nighttime Sleep Aid Doxylamine Succinate 25mg

Safeway Sleeptabs Nighttime Sleep Aid Doxylamine Succinate 25mg

3 boxes of nighttime sleep aid, 32 tablets each, all expire 08/2015
Night Time Sleep Aid 25 Mg, 32 Sleeptabs Equate Nighttime Sleep Aid

Night Time Sleep Aid 25 Mg, 32 Sleeptabs Equate Nighttime Sleep Aid

Equate Nighttime Sleep Aid, 32 Tablets Expires: JAN/2016 Product Details Equate: Night Time Sleep Aid Tablets is safe and proven effective.Just one ta...