Urban Decay Skitz-o-Styx Duo Lipstick

Urban Decay Skitz-o-Styx Lipstick: Two Looks in One Stick!

Aug 31, 2003 (Updated Aug 31, 2003)

Pros:fun, unique, 2 colors in one lipstick

Cons:limited color choices, cheap packaging

The Bottom Line: This creamy lipstick has looks pretty on if you get the right color. Limited choices and poor packaging distract from a really cool product.

Quite a while ago, I read a review by Shantel575 on Urban Decay Skitz-o-Styx Duo Lipstick. I was definitely interested. They sounded really fun! You get 2 colors in the same tube. The lipstick is split in half- one color on one side and a different color on the other. It was something I had never seen before so I was eager to try one. The nearest Urban Decay retailer is about an hour away so I decided to see if I could find a bargain on Ebay. If I ended up hating it, no big loss.

Product Information
For all of us who relish the multiple personalities that live inside our bodies. Be a glam girl, a rocker chick or just plain pretty. Each Skitz-o-Styx is designed to give several different looks in each tube. Same great ultra-moist recipe as our famous lipsticks. Two colors in one tube means unlimited lipstick options.

~taken from urbandecay.com

Like I mentioned previously, you get 2 colors in one tube of lipstick. Take a look at the picture on epinions to see what I mean. Some colors are very similar, others are definitely more contrasting.

Color Selection
AC/DC :Mix the two edgy shades together for a decidedly tamer, more conservative hue. edgy, metallic violet + edgy, silvery lavender

PLEASURE/PAIN: Wear the brown for making a presentation; switch to pink for making out. deep rosy brown shimmer + deep rosy gold shimmer

AGONY/ECSTASY: For the ultimately neutral girl, the ultimate shade of neutral. metallic neutral purple + metallic neutral beige

MANIC/DEPRESSIVE: Play it straight in red all day, then layer the glittery ruby shade on top for a crazy night out. metallic candy apple red + sheer, glittery red

JEKYL/HYDE: The perfect lipstick: a perfect brown, a perfect sheer shimmer. Mix the two for an amazing neutral. shimmery beige frost + shimmery red-brown

CRIME/PUNISHMENT: Line with the opaque side, fill in with the sheer. opaque, creamy cranberry + sheer cranberry

I purchased a Skitz-o-Styx in Crime/Punishment. It seemed like one of the more "normal" colors.

Ingredients for: AC-DC, AGONY-ECSTACY, JEKYLL-HYDE, MANIC-DEPRESSIVE, PLEASURE-PAIN Castor (Ricinus Communis) Oil Glyceryl Triacetyl Ricinoleate Talc Beeswax (Cera Alba) Isopropyl Palmitate Ozokerite Hydrogenated Lanolin Isopropyl Myristate Squalane Lanolin Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax Candelilla (Euphorbia Cerifera) Wax Silica Polyethylene Terephthalate Propylparaben MAY CONTAIN: Mica Titanium Dioxide Iron Oxides D&C Red No 7 Calcium Lake Manganese Violet D&C Red No 27 Aluminum Lake D&C Red No 30 Carmine Bismuth Oxychloride D&C Red No 6

Price and Packaging
I purchased mine from Ebay for $3 I think. Regularly they sell for $14 and can be purchased at a Sephora store or online at sephora.com or urbandecay.com.

The packaging is not very impressive. It comes in a very plain metal tube. The lid is dull silver, but when you pull the lid off, the lipstick is encased in a gold tube. For what Urban Decay charges for their lipsticks, I expected a better quality tube. The lipstick kind of wobbles when it swivels up. The tube feels a little rickety. I'm used the lipsticks smoothly turning so this was a disappointment.

My Experience
These are very nice lipsticks! Applying the lipstick was easy because of how smoothly the creamy lipstick glided over my lips. It felt very moist and rich going on. One swipe over my lips was all I needed. These lipsticks have a ton of pigment and look very true to color on your lips.

Wearing the lipstick was comfortable. It did not feel heavy or thick despite the creaminess of the lipstick. It's a very easy lip color to wear.

Unfortunately the color I bought was too much for me. The opaque cranberry side was too opaque and dark. I don't wear lipstick that dark very often so I was limited in where I could wear this. I thought the sheer side would be better. The color was gorgeous, but not very sheer. I actually found very little difference between the opaque side and the sheer side. The sheer side was a little shinier while the opaque side gave my lips a creamier look.

Even though I love the uniqueness of this lipstick, it just wasn't for me. They feel good on, but it is hard finding a color that would work. I'm considering trying Jekyl/Hyde. Maybe that color will work better. I wish Urban Decay would come out with some new color combinations. Pinks and purples just aren't practical for everybody!

If you see a color combination that interests you, by all means give these a try. They certainly are a good product, but I don't feel they are right for everyone. If these colors don't do it for you, check out Urban Decay's regular lipsticks or lip gunks. I'm giving this 3 stars because I think there are too few colors and the packaging is horrible, but if you can find one you like, the quality is good.

Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick fiend (muted Rose)

Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick fiend (muted Rose)

A luxury lipstick that delivers intense color payoff plus creamy shine.Fiend (muted rose)New in Box What it does:Revolution Lipstick is rich, buttery ...

Urban Decay 'Big Fatty' Mascara

Free Shipping + 3 Free Beauty Samples! Get the biggest, fattest lashes with Urban Decay Big Fatty Mascara. The formula lengthens lashes while enhancin...
Nordstrom

Urban Decay  Big Fatty Mascara

Urban Decay Big Fatty Mascara

Urban Decay Big Fatty Mascara. Get the biggest, fattest, THICKEST lashes imaginable with Urban Decays Big Fatty Mascara. This formula lengthens lashes...
Belk

Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick catfight (pink-fuchsia)

Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick catfight (pink-fuchsia)

A luxury lipstick that delivers intense color payoff plus creamy shine.Catfight (pink-fuchsia w/slight red undertones)New in Box What it does:Revoluti...

Urban Decay Big Fatty Mascara

This all-new formula is buildable, virtually weightless, smudge-proof, flake-proof and provides ultra-long wear. Yes, it's a gorgeous thickening formu...
Macys.com

Nordstrom

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion Travel Size Duo - Original And Greed

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion Travel Size Duo - Original And Greed

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion Travel Size Duo - Original And Greed 2 x .13 fl oz Check out my other items !Posted with eBay Mobile

Urban Decay Matte Eyeshadow Electric 1.4G/0.05Oz

Urban Decay Matte Eyeshadow Electric 1.4G/0.05Oz

Offers pigment-rich color With a superb-soft texture that blends easily onto skin Contains less binders for non-chalky effect Gives a seductive, sophi...
Urban Decay Matte Eyeshadow - Chronic 1.4g/0.05oz by Urban Decay

Urban Decay Matte Eyeshadow - Chronic 1.4g/0.05oz by Urban Decay

Free Shipping worldwide. Recommended Retail: US$18.00 - Matte Eyeshadow - Chronic-1.4g/0.05oz - makeup / cosmetics
StrawberryNET.com

Urban Decay Original Sin Eyeshadow Primer Potion Duo .37 Oz Full Size

Urban Decay Original Sin Eyeshadow Primer Potion Duo .37 Oz Full Size

Urban Decay ORIGINAL SIN Eyeshadow Primer Potion DUO Both .37 oz FULL SIZE NIB You will revive both new in box! ‚óŹ A set of two Urban Decay eye shado...