Urban Decay Skitz-o-Styx Duo Lipstick

2 consumer reviews

Urban Decay Skitz-o-Styx Lipstick: Two Looks in One Stick!

Aug 31, 2003 (Updated Aug 31, 2003)

Pros:fun, unique, 2 colors in one lipstick

Cons:limited color choices, cheap packaging

The Bottom Line: This creamy lipstick has looks pretty on if you get the right color. Limited choices and poor packaging distract from a really cool product.

Quite a while ago, I read a review by Shantel575 on Urban Decay Skitz-o-Styx Duo Lipstick. I was definitely interested. They sounded really fun! You get 2 colors in the same tube. The lipstick is split in half- one color on one side and a different color on the other. It was something I had never seen before so I was eager to try one. The nearest Urban Decay retailer is about an hour away so I decided to see if I could find a bargain on Ebay. If I ended up hating it, no big loss.

Product Information
For all of us who relish the multiple personalities that live inside our bodies. Be a glam girl, a rocker chick or just plain pretty. Each Skitz-o-Styx is designed to give several different looks in each tube. Same great ultra-moist recipe as our famous lipsticks. Two colors in one tube means unlimited lipstick options.

~taken from urbandecay.com

Like I mentioned previously, you get 2 colors in one tube of lipstick. Take a look at the picture on epinions to see what I mean. Some colors are very similar, others are definitely more contrasting.

Color Selection
AC/DC :Mix the two edgy shades together for a decidedly tamer, more conservative hue. edgy, metallic violet + edgy, silvery lavender

PLEASURE/PAIN: Wear the brown for making a presentation; switch to pink for making out. deep rosy brown shimmer + deep rosy gold shimmer

AGONY/ECSTASY: For the ultimately neutral girl, the ultimate shade of neutral. metallic neutral purple + metallic neutral beige

MANIC/DEPRESSIVE: Play it straight in red all day, then layer the glittery ruby shade on top for a crazy night out. metallic candy apple red + sheer, glittery red

JEKYL/HYDE: The perfect lipstick: a perfect brown, a perfect sheer shimmer. Mix the two for an amazing neutral. shimmery beige frost + shimmery red-brown

CRIME/PUNISHMENT: Line with the opaque side, fill in with the sheer. opaque, creamy cranberry + sheer cranberry

I purchased a Skitz-o-Styx in Crime/Punishment. It seemed like one of the more "normal" colors.

Ingredients for: AC-DC, AGONY-ECSTACY, JEKYLL-HYDE, MANIC-DEPRESSIVE, PLEASURE-PAIN Castor (Ricinus Communis) Oil Glyceryl Triacetyl Ricinoleate Talc Beeswax (Cera Alba) Isopropyl Palmitate Ozokerite Hydrogenated Lanolin Isopropyl Myristate Squalane Lanolin Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax Candelilla (Euphorbia Cerifera) Wax Silica Polyethylene Terephthalate Propylparaben MAY CONTAIN: Mica Titanium Dioxide Iron Oxides D&C Red No 7 Calcium Lake Manganese Violet D&C Red No 27 Aluminum Lake D&C Red No 30 Carmine Bismuth Oxychloride D&C Red No 6

Price and Packaging
I purchased mine from Ebay for $3 I think. Regularly they sell for $14 and can be purchased at a Sephora store or online at sephora.com or urbandecay.com.

The packaging is not very impressive. It comes in a very plain metal tube. The lid is dull silver, but when you pull the lid off, the lipstick is encased in a gold tube. For what Urban Decay charges for their lipsticks, I expected a better quality tube. The lipstick kind of wobbles when it swivels up. The tube feels a little rickety. I'm used the lipsticks smoothly turning so this was a disappointment.

My Experience
These are very nice lipsticks! Applying the lipstick was easy because of how smoothly the creamy lipstick glided over my lips. It felt very moist and rich going on. One swipe over my lips was all I needed. These lipsticks have a ton of pigment and look very true to color on your lips.

Wearing the lipstick was comfortable. It did not feel heavy or thick despite the creaminess of the lipstick. It's a very easy lip color to wear.

Unfortunately the color I bought was too much for me. The opaque cranberry side was too opaque and dark. I don't wear lipstick that dark very often so I was limited in where I could wear this. I thought the sheer side would be better. The color was gorgeous, but not very sheer. I actually found very little difference between the opaque side and the sheer side. The sheer side was a little shinier while the opaque side gave my lips a creamier look.

Even though I love the uniqueness of this lipstick, it just wasn't for me. They feel good on, but it is hard finding a color that would work. I'm considering trying Jekyl/Hyde. Maybe that color will work better. I wish Urban Decay would come out with some new color combinations. Pinks and purples just aren't practical for everybody!

If you see a color combination that interests you, by all means give these a try. They certainly are a good product, but I don't feel they are right for everyone. If these colors don't do it for you, check out Urban Decay's regular lipsticks or lip gunks. I'm giving this 3 stars because I think there are too few colors and the packaging is horrible, but if you can find one you like, the quality is good.

Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray Duo Full Size 4 Oz Travel Size 1 Oz

armush34 store Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray Duo Full Size 4 oz Travel Size 1 oz Description Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeu...

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion Anti Aging Cream Lockdown Duo 2x.37 Fullsize

SquareTrade © AP6.0 SquareTrade © AP6.0 URBAN DECAY SHADOW LOCKDOWN EYESHADOW PRIMER POTION DUO TWO FORMULAS FOR CREASE FREE 24 HOURS ORIGINAL EYESHAD...

Urban Decay Big Fatty Mascara

Urban Decay Big Fatty Mascara

This all-new formula is buildable, virtually weightless, smudge-proof, flake-proof and provides ultra-long wear. Yes, it's a gorgeous thickening formu...
Macys.com

Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick Eyeshadow Primer Potion Naked Skin Sample Lot

Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick Eyeshadow Primer Potion Naked Skin Sample Lot

Urban Decay Set of 3 Samples in 12 Shades Set of samples that allows you to try 12 shades/formulations of 3 of Urban Decay's bestselling products with...
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion Duo 100%authentic

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion Duo 100%authentic

Description URBAN DECAY Eyeshadow Primer Potion Duo Long Lasting Eyeshadow Base It Contains 2 trial size 2 x 3.7 ml Brand New In Box Payment Policy On...

Naked3 Urban Decay Palette Naked 3 Eye Shadow Kit Set

makeup sub type eye shadow reserved product description the urban decay matte is sexy trendy and exciting this urban decay eye shadow collection comes...

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Shadow Duo Sin Mushroom Primer Potion Lid Base Samples

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Shadow Duo Sin Mushroom Primer Potion Lid Base Samples

New unboxed Urban Decay Eyeshadow Duo in Sin Mushroom. This is a full size single eyeshadow token with half sin and half mushroom. You will also recei...

Urban Decay Matte Eyeshadow - Chronic 1.4g/0.05oz by Urban Decay

Urban Decay Matte Eyeshadow - Chronic 1.4g/0.05oz by Urban Decay

Free Shipping worldwide. Recommended Retail: US$18.00 - Matte Eyeshadow - Chronic-1.4g/0.05oz - makeup / cosmetics
StrawberryNET.com

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion Duo Travel Size 0.13 Fl Oz (authentic)

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion Duo Travel Size 0.13 Fl Oz (authentic)

dollsjewels101 Store URBAN DECAY EYESHADOW PRIMER POTION DUO! TRAVEL SIZE! 0.13 FL OZ (AUTHENTIC) NEW BOXED AUTHETIC URBAN DECAY EYESHADOW PRIMER POTI...