V8 V-Fusion 100% Juice, Strawberry Banana, 46 fl oz (1 qt 14 fl oz) 1.36 lt (Campbell Soup Company) (46597211) Reviews

Drink Your Veggies with V8 Fusion Strawberry Banana 100% Juice!

Feb 3, 2012 (Updated Feb 3, 2012)

Pros:Full servings of vegetables and fruit
No added sugar
Great tasting

Cons:High in carbs

The Bottom Line: V8 Fusion in the Strawberry Banana flavor supplies full servings of fruit and vegetables and tastes great as well!

I was introduced to V8 Fusion vegetable and fruit juice a couple of years ago by my granddaughter.  She can guzzle down a half bottle or more of this sweet tasting fruit juice.  My thoughts were that she was consuming too much potassium and sugar and should cut down to drinking a glass a day and not half the bottle.  Of course, what do grandmothers know?!

I tried a small glass of her V8 Fusion in the Strawberry Banana flavor and I knew then why she enjoyed drinking this juice.  Because I would not be drinking this juice every day, I decided to buy V8 Fusion Strawberry Banana in 8 oz cans.

Description:

There are six 8 oz. cans in a pack of V8 Fusion Strawberry Banana juice.  The cans measure 5” in height with a diameter of 2”.  The cans are the perfect size for portability when you are on the go.

Each 8 oz. can supplies a full serving of vegetables and a full serving of fruit which amounts to ½ cup of each.  The juice is red in color with the consistency being thicker than water or other fruit juices.

V8 Fusion Strawberry Banana
contains a blend of ten fruits and vegetables:  Sweet potatoes, carrots, tomatoes, beets, white grapes, oranges, apples, strawberries, bananas, banana puree.

There is no added sugar in this sweet tasting juice; however, an 8 oz. serving contains 28g of carbohydrates and 25g of sugar.  Fortunately, I have no sugar restrictions; however there is a light version of this juice that I have not tried but intend to in the near future.

V8 Fusion in the Strawberry Banana Flavor has the distinct aroma of vegetables, but upon taking my first sip, I tasted more fruit than vegetables.

I didn’t find V8 Fusion Strawberry Banana juice to be too sweet for my taste and it actually tasted very good.  I was surprised I tasted only the fruit and not the vegetables which I feared, for I do not care for the regular V8 vegetable juice.  The taste of strawberries and bananas was dominant.   After my first sip, I knew why my granddaughter consumed so much of this great tasting vegetable and fruit juice.  I do have to stop myself from drinking only one can!

My Experience:

I actually purchased V8 Fusion Strawberry Banana juice to supply my potassium needs, for I am hypokalemic.  Even though I take potassium supplements, I can’t maintain the recommended potassium level.  By keeping cans of the juice in my cupboard, I drink a can of the juice whenever I am out of bananas.  For this reason, I prefer to purchase the juice in cans instead of the bottles.  My concern would be the juice would go bad before I finished drinking the entire bottle.

Thank you for reading my review and Lean N’ Mean Entry.

Soap.com