Vaseline Healthy Body Glow Daily Replenishing Moisturizer Reviews

Vaseline Healthy Body Glow Daily Replenishing Moisturizer

I'm tan like a toasted marshmallow - Vaseline Health Body Glow Moisturizer

Jul 25, 2006 (Updated Apr 23, 2007)

Pros:Tans fast and evenly while moisturizing at the same time.

Cons:None.

The Bottom Line: I love Vaseline Healthy Body Glow. It moisturizes and tans at the same time and the tan develops quickly and evenly.

I've been using various self-tanners for about 15 years looking for the perfect one. I found the perfect one for me a few years ago but cannot find it anywhere this year so I've been trying out different brands of the new lotions that have come out this year that contain small amounts of self-tanner in them. I have to moisturize after shaving and bathing and I use self-tanners so why not just apply one product to my legs with the same result?

The first lotion I tried was Dove's Energy Glow Daily Moisturizer but it didn't give me much of a tan and I didn't care for the scent either. I love a product that smells awesome so if there were 2 products that perform exactly the same way, I'm always going to pick the one that's highly and heavenly scented. But I digress....

As I was saying, the first lotion didn't do much for me after using it for 4 days. I was hoping that by the 2nd or 3rd day I'd have a tan equivalent to one application of a full-strength self-tanner but that didn't happen so I moved on and purchased a bottle of Vaseline Intensive Care Healthy Body Glow and have had much better results.

About Vaseline Healthy Body Glow
From Vaseline.com: Gotta have smooth skin with a healthy, sun-kissed glow? Get that "just-back-from-vacation" look with new Vaseline Intensive Care Healthy Body Glow. Listen up, moisture obsessives! New Vaseline Healthy Body Glow Lotion comes in two shades - Fair and Medium - created to moisturize skin while providing a healthy, sun-kissed glow.

Gives you smooth, touchable skin with a healthy, summer glow within one week. Daily replenishing moisturizer with proven color enhancers gradually builds a healthy, even glow with each application.

Directions: Use daily for best results. Smooth on evenly allowing several minutes to dry. Wash hands after application. Healthy glowing color will develop within a few days.

More detailed application instructions from Vaseline.com:
Exfoliation: Although not mandatory, exfoliating your skin with a gentle loofa or body brush is recommended prior to your first application of Vaseline Healthy Body Glow Lotion. This will help to ensure the smoothest results.

Application: Overall - smooth Vaseline Healthy Body Glow Lotion evenly on clean, dry skin. Apply thoroughly on entire body but use sparingly on knuckles, knees, ankles and in between fingers and toes. Hands and feet - For the back of hands and the top of feet, use light feathering strokes moving out toward fingers and toes.

Follow up: Immediately after application, rinse palms of hands, between fingers and around nails as residue may darken this skin. Then simply allow lotion to dry for a few minutes before you dress.

Results: By working with your skin's own chemistry, Vaseline Healthy Body Glow Lotion delivers customized color and superior moisturization. In just three days you'll start to see results; in seven days you'll have a natural, sun-kissed glow.

Maintenance: Vaseline Healthy Body Glow Lotion darkens only the top layers of your skin. Use it as part of your daily routine for a natural, glowing color. Once you stop using the product, your skin tone will return to its natural state in about 2 weeks.

Vaseline Healthy Body Glow comes in a 10 ounce bottle with a flip top lid. The bottle is gold with blue, white, and brown lettering and the lid is navy blue. Vaseline Healthy Body Glow retails in drug and discount stores for about $7.

My experience
I started using my bottle of Vaseline Healthy Body Glow on Saturday (4 days ago) and have already had great results after using it only twice. After showering, I patted myself dry and applied about a quarter sized dollop of lotion to each leg and rubbed it in evenly and thoroughly, making sure to cover every centimeter of my leg and not applying too heavily on my feet, ankles, and knees. Hoping I'd have better results than the last lotion I tried, I also applied the lotion to both arms, neck, and face. Oooh so daring!

The lotion has a decent scent; kind of fruity, kind of flowery. I'm not crazy about it but I don't hate it but would like it better if it were vanilla scented or something more tropical like regular suntan lotion smells. The lotion itself is pure white in color like most other Vaseline lotions. It is light and not too thick so it smooths and blends easily into the skin. This lotion is not at all greasy. It goes right into the skin and doesn't leave any oiliness or residue on my skin and I felt like I could get dressed right away after putting it on, however I did not.

I let the lotion dry for about 10 minutes while I went about my "getting ready on a weekend morning" routine. When the lotion was dry I put on a pair of old shorts as I was going to be painting my kitchen on Saturday and didn't want to risk getting paint or self-tanner on anything clean and/or new.

Within a few hours I had noticed that my legs were starting to look darker and by evening time when I put my PJ shorts back on, I could clearly see that my leg was tan from toes to hip and then back to Edward Scissorhands white on my bum and belly and everywhere else that I did not apply the lotion. My arms, face and neck were also nicely tanned. This was exactly the result I was hoping for and was worried that another application the next day would be too dark so I didn't apply the lotion on Sunday but did on Monday morning. The color got slightly darker but not by much. It's right where I want it to be - roasty toasty tan but not too tan - this morning so I won't use it again until tomorrow or the next day.

So after using this product only once, I got the exact tan I was hoping for. Obviously if Vaseline Healthy Body Glow works faster than other lotions of it's kind it won't be as forgiving if you fail to rub it in completely and evenly but I'm pretty good at using self-tanners at this point so it's working out well for me. I found only one small spot under my left arm that's a bit pale looking but it's not bad so I'm leaving it alone.

I shouldn't forget though that Vaseline Healthy Body Glow is mainly a moisturizer and not only for self-tanning. I have noticed that my skin remains moisturized and not dry or lizardy looking like it tends to look when I self-tan but don't moisturize so having the 2 products in one is a big plus. It allows me to tan and moisturize in one step instead of 2 and the combination of tanning and moisturizing looks much better and than when I just tan and don't bother to moisturize so I'll be sticking to this type of 2 in 1 product.

Vaseline Healthy Body Glow is a keeper!

www.vaseline.com

You can get a coupon for Vaseline Healthy Body Glow by going to http://www.moistureobsessive.com/glow/ and clicking on the Coupon link (but when I click on it I get an error. Maybe you'll have better luck than I).

See my other self-tanner and skin care reviews:

Dove Energy Glow Daily Moisturizer
King of Shaves AlphaGel ASC2 Shaving Gel
On Duty 24 Plus Roll-On Anti-Perspirant Deodorant
Gillette Satin Care Shave Gel For Women, Dry Skin
University Medical AcneFree Clear Skin Treatment Kit
Vaseline Intensive Care Advanced Healing Skin Protectant Lotion
LUSH Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter
Secret Body Sprays

10 Vaseline Healthy Body Glow Self Tanner Medium Skin Tones (2 Oz Each)

10 Vaseline Healthy Body Glow Self Tanner Medium Skin Tones (2 Oz Each)

10 VASELINE HEALTHY BODY GLOW SELF TANNER MEDIUM SKIN TONES (2 OZ EACH)

2 Vaseline Man Healthy Resilient Skin Cooling Hydration Body Lotion Cools ❤•✿•❀☀

2 Vaseline Man Healthy Resilient Skin Cooling Hydration Body Lotion Cools and Replenishes Overheated Skin 24.5 FL OZ. (725 mL) each bottle! (2 Pack) T...

Vaseline Intensive Care Lotion, 24 Oz.

Vaseline Intensive Care Lotion, 24 Oz.

Enriched with Vitamin E and minerals, lotion contains a non-greasy, fast-absorbing formula that leaves skin feeling silky smooth and comfortable. It g...
Office Depot

Vaseline Intensive Care Total Moisture, Pure Oat Extract + Stratys 3 Multi-Layer Moisture 24.5Oz fl oz (600 ml)

Vaseline Intensive Care Essential Healing Non Greasy Lotion 20.3 Fl Oz Set Of 2

Vaseline Intensive Care Essential Healing Non Greasy Lotion 20.3 Fl Oz Set Of 2

Vaseline Intensive Care Essential Healing Non Greasy Lotion 20.3 fl oz (600 mL) Set of 2 Product labels may differ due to manufacturer package changes...
Vaseline Total Moisture Conditioning Lotion, Vit E & A

Vaseline Total Moisture Conditioning Lotion, Vit E & A

--- Select Brand --- Avent Braun Carlson CHI CHI Air Conair Cytosport Doctor's Best Dr.Scholl's Eclipse Evercare Garden of Life HoMedics Honeywell Inf...

Vaseline Intensive Care Essential Healing Body Lotion, 10 fl oz

Vaseline Intensive Care Essential Healing Body Lotion, 10 fl oz

It all started with a wonder jelly that Vaseline's been perfecting for 140 years. Today there are micro-droplets of Vaseline jelly in Vaseline Intensi...

Vaseline Intensive Care Essential Healing Non Greasy Lotion 32.0 Fl Oz Set Of 2

Vaseline Intensive Care Essential Healing Non Greasy Lotion 32.0 Fl Oz Set Of 2

2 bottles of Vaseline Intensive Care Essential Healing Non Greasy Lotion 32.0 fl oz total bottles = 2, each bottle = 32 fl oz

Vaseline Cocoa Radiant Body Gel Oil 6.8 oz

Vaseline Cocoa Radiant Body Gel Oil 6.8 oz

Find bath and body skincare at Target.com! Enjoy soft, moisturized skin every day with this vaseline cocoa butter vitalizing gel body oil. This unique...

Vaseline Intensive Care Total Moisture Body Lotion 10 fl oz

Vaseline Intensive Care Total Moisture Body Lotion 10 fl oz

Body lotion with Vitamins E & A. With Pro-Vitamin B5. Beneath the surface, healthy skin is up to 90% water. That's what helps give our skin the streng...
Vitacost.com