Vcf Vaginal Contraceptive Film 9 Each Reviews

Vcf Vaginal Contraceptive Film 9 Each

+$4.97 shipping Walmart.com

VCF (Vaginal Contraceptive Film)

Dec 7, 2009 (Updated Dec 9, 2009)

Pros:Cant feel it at all. Highly effective when used correctly. I get results :)

Cons:Effectivity goes down when used incorrectly. Does not protect against STD's but can help.

The Bottom Line: It's pretty awesome! Highly recommended.

The Product
VCF is my favorite method of birth control!  It comes in a clear sheet, that is very similar to a breath mint strip only about four times the size. Its a thin, dry gel sheet that is applied by folding and inserting into the vagina, up to the cervix with your fingertip. When used correctly this method is 94% effective at preventing pregnancy, thats only 4% away from condoms, which are 98% effective.

Disclaimer
This product does not protect against STD's and I only recommend it for couples who are in a serious committed relationship.  I also recommend that you discuss the pros and cons of this product with your partner and make sure you are both on the same page.

Why I Prefer it
I prefer VCF to every other spermicide product because you absolutely cannot feel it. Its not wet, cold, grainy, or watery like other products I have used, which I find to be a turn off. I prefer it to a condom because like I said, you cant feel it at all.  I choose it over birth control because I can tell when I have of haven't taken my pill, and that doesn't settle well in my mind.  I don't want to be taking a pill every day.

Active Ingredient
VCF contains the active ingredient Nonoxynol-9 (discovered on the product box).  It has also been shown to be effective against other types of organisms that can cause gonorrhea, chlamydia, and syphilis ( http://std.about.com/od/prevention/a/n9increaserisk.htm ). I am not saying that its a guarantee, but it can certainly help when used with another method.

Its VERY important to be aware and use this product correctly.  It must be inserted at least 15 min before intercourse and is effective for 3 hours. Make sure to place the sheet up to or against the cervix.  If you do not use this product correctly the percentage of effective pregnancy prevention drops from 94% to 74%.   I have been using this product for 3 years with no problems.  I get the desired effect I'm looking for from the experience 95% of the time :), but this 5% is most likely due to mood and mind.

The VCF Contraceptive Film (9 ct) aids in preventing pregnancies. This birth control film does not have hormones, so there are no side effects.