Nabisco Vegetable Thins Crackers ~ Still One of my Favorite Crackers

Dec 1, 2007

Pros:Good right out of the box, or with cheese, or a light dip

Cons:Rather delicate and can break, won't scoop up a heavy dip

The Bottom Line: These are a VERY tasty cracker. Great with cheese. Can break easily though.

What? You've never tried Vegetable Thins? Oh, you gotta try these, because yes, even though they're made with real vegetables, you'll still get all the snacking satisfaction you're looking for.

~ Product Description

Nabisco Vegetable Thins Crackers are baked, have zero cholesterol and zero trans fat. I remember years ago these came in vegetable shapes, shaped like a carrot, tomato, onion, pepper. This last box I bought though the crackers are a uniform smallish, flared sort of rectangle shape. No big deal, they still taste the same.

Vegetable thins have a definite flavor - they're great alone right out of the box. No, you are going to taste vegetables, yet they have a bit of a zesty flavor that is appealing. Even with their distinctive flavor these crackers are excellent with cheese in particular. Personally I probably wouldn't team these up with a strong onion dip, although I'm sure they would be okay. If you have a thick type of dip, these crackers will usually break - they don't hold up to scooping out a heavy dip or spread, so just keep that in mind.

The box I recently purchased had many broken crackers in it. That kind of bummed me out. I don't know if my box was an exception or not, but these aren't the most sturdy crackers on the market. And by the way, these come in an 8 oz. box, like so many others, where the top recloses by inserting a tab into the slit. It works. The crackers are within a bag, inside the box. Be sure to roll up the bag before you close the box!

~ Nutritional Information

Serving size is 21 crackers (wow! That's a lot!)

Calories - 150
Total Carbohydrate - 20g
Dietary Fiber - less than 1g
Sugars - 2g
Protein - 2g

Ingredients: Enriched flour, folic acid, canola and/or soybean and/or palm and/or palm kernel and/or partially hydrogenated palm and/or partially hydrogenated palm kernel oil, dehydrated vegetable blend (contains carrots, onions, celery, red bell pepper, cabbage, tomato, parsley), sugar, salt, leavening monocalcium phosphae, baking soda, dextrose, high fructose corn syrup, onion powder, hydrolyzed soy and wheat protein, monosodium glutamate, natural flavor, artificial color, disodium guamlate.

~ Final Thoughts

Vegetable Thins crackers are a great snack right out of the box, or I find them particularly tasty with any kind of cheese or cheese spread. These are rather delicate crackers though, and won't hold up to scooping up a heavy dip. Give 'em a try!