Read more customer reviews
Write a Review
wanted the best, wish I didn't buy it.
Feb 12, 2006
a Very Helpful Review
by the Epinions community
Pros:Good looks. Stainless looks quality and solid.
Cons:Burnt fingers groping for the off switch, hard to install, cyclone wind noise, cheap electrics.
The Bottom Line: Don't buy this vent. Look for front controls, centered vent exit model instead. Test before you buy for fan noise this model is loud.
This stainless beauty looked great at the store and had the best spec's (1200 cfm fan).
Recommend this product?
What's good first:
- Nice stainless surface and look.
- Nice finish. The welded seams in the front make it look professional vs cheaper hoods spot welded flat metal that shows seems/joints.
What's bad and substandard and not pleasant to use:
- Everything about this hood is poorly designed or executed the stainless hood aside as stated above. Another exception is the motor in the fan is a quality unit and it does have good cfm to pull the cooking smells up.
- The 7" vent is top exit but off center by about 2" Standard sized pipe is 6" and 8". So were did this 7" come from? Off center exit is a problem and may cause your cabinet design a problem. Get out the saw!!
- Electrical: substandard!!! The 8" of very small gauge wire pig-tail had a top exit. This makes no sense. There was also no place for a junction box for house wireing. I ended up drilling a hole in the back for mounting over a wall mount electrical box. I removed the factory supplied wire too.
- Hanging is via 4 holes in the top into your cabinet. Location is along the sides, screwing up. Ok, but the spot welds for the top sheet metal are in the front and back, leaving the top sheet next to the screws un-welded. After installation, you can pull down on the hood and the top sheet metal flexes allowing small gap to be forced. Ok it's just a gripe about brainlessness and not a big deal.
What's it like to use?
How do you like cyclone noise and burnt fingers?
- Cheap electrical design didn't put switches in front where you could see them, instead they're underneath between the HOT quartz bulbs. Yes, I put my fingers on the 50w hot bulbs about half the time when I'm fumbling for the off switch.
- The flapper that closes off the vent to outside air vibrates at both speeds. I sounds like a vibrating cyclone.
When we where putting this $650 baby in, we where saying that when we sell this house we'll be sure to take it with. Now I'm 100% certain I'll be very very glad to leave this piece of good looking and expensive junk behind.
Good looks but poor execution and function!
Read more product reviews on Vent-A-Hood SLH9 48"
Write a Review
Share this product review with your friends
Slanted front design with 2'' front gem stone cut edge Stainless finish Dual ''Magic Lung'' blower, 600 cfm (900 equivalent) Halogen work lights inclu...
The Emerald Series features a unique contemporary style with soft cut corners that lends an up-to-date look. It is available in standard sizes and may...
This is a brand new Vent A Hood 42 Inch Hood with full warranty model number SLH18242-SS. The shipping on this item is free to a terminal in your area...
Vent-A-Hood makes the perfect range hood for todays motion-filled kitchen They are unmatched at whisking grease and heat-polluted air away from your c...
Product Description 250 CFM 36 Under Cabinet Range Hood with a Single Blower and Halogen Lights from the Emerald Collection Popular contemporary desig...
This is a brand new Vent A Hood 42 Inch Hood with full warranty model number SLH18342-SS. This hood is stainless steel with halogen lighting. This uni...
This is a brand new Vent A Hood 48 Inch Hood with full warranty model number SLH18248-SS. The shipping on this item is free to a terminal in your area...
This is a brand new Vent A Hood 48 Inch Hood with full warranty model number SLH18448-SS. The shipping on this item is free to a terminal in your area...
SLH9-236 SS Size: 36, CFM: 600/900E Features: -The Emerald Series features a unique contemporary style with soft cut corners that gives an up-to-date ...
This is a brand new Vent A Hood 30 Inch Hood with full warranty model number SLH9230-WH. The shipping on this item is free to the lower 48 states. Thi...