Victorinox University Collection Oxford Laptop Bags - Black Reviews

Victorinox University Collection Oxford Laptop Bags - Black

1 consumer review

The Laptop Pack: Ultra Comfortable

Aug 29, 2006

Pros:Large; will hold a wide screen laptop; comfortable

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: This is a super pack. I highly recommend it.

The Victorinox Oxford Ultra Dual-Compartment Laptop Pack (Swiss Army backpack) is the backpack you need if you have a large screen computer such as the Dell Inspiron E1705 (E1705S3) PC Notebook or if you carry a lot of items and want extra padding. This is one superb pack.

Description:

The Oxford (ZForce) comes in black, ink (blue), red and the one I used with the above computer, kiwi. It is actually more olive colored with some kiwi accents. The back is all black as are the mesh bottle pockets.

I love clips. I think they are great to hang a pair of sneakers on for example. You’ll find a Swiss Army clip in the front of this pack. This clip, though perhaps not a reason to spend $80, is really sturdy. I have many metal ones. This one is made of such heavy duty plastic that I wondered if it were plastic. It is attached to a piece of material and is so strongly attached that even the heaviest pair of sneakers won’t pull on it.

The company isn’t shy about advertising their name. Victorinox is on the bottom of the pack with the Swiss Army logo as well as on both shoulder straps.

The pack is made of nylon. It measures 19 inches by 14 inches by 9 inches with a 2200 cubic inch capacity.

There is a lifetime guarantee against defects in materials and workmanship.

The compartments:

Let’s open the first compartment which has two zippers on each side for easy access. It also has a piece of material on each side so everything doesn’t fall out when I open it I love this feature. If you own a backpack now that opens fully you know how annoying it is when your camera, sunglasses or lunch fall out. This is much less apt to happen with the Victorinox Pack.

This first compartment is almost the same height and is the same width as the pack itself. Inside you’ll get another clip, though not the same quality as the one outside but it will be great for your keys. There are three compartments for pencils, pencils and in my case I threw in a nail file. There is one mesh zippered compartment that I put my medications, chapstick, and sunblock in and a Velcro pocket for my cell phone. With the Velcro enclose I didn’t have to worry about it falling out.

There is a four-inch wide pocket behind the mesh and Velcro pockets. I found this great for the letters I had to mail. For those of you with toys such as an iPod or other electronic items this is considered a “tricot-lined media pocket with earbud port.”

The second set of zippers uncovers an enormous pocket. This is the computer part. In it there’s a separate pouch that closes with Velcro. I put my flash drive, and cords in that. The back part closes with Velcro. I put my computer in there. This will house a 17-inch computer and at this time it seems to be the only pack that will accommodate a large screen computer. The front is padded but the back of this section, which is the back of the pack, is amazing. I had no worries that when my bag hit the side of my car or I dropped it on the floor my computer would be anything but fine. This pack has been dragged through airports and on trains. The pack looks brand new and there isn’t a scratch on the computer. The bottom of the pack is padded as well. I took it to a coffee shop with my daughter and then walked around the center of town with the bag on my back. I’ll talk about the comfort of that in a moment.

In the middle of the computer compartment and the pouch is enough room for my pocket book, books, lunch, camera, binoculars and everything I would normally have except normally I would be carrying a big backpack plus my computer bag.

There is a durable black and green loop on the top and two mesh expandable water bottle holders. These mesh pockets are large enough to fit my Nalgene bottle.

Most of the back is heavily padded however this pack’s padding is a little different than what I am used to. There are six separate sections of padding. Not only is it safe for the computer but safe for my back.

The shoulder straps easily adjustable with enough material for the tallest person. The shoulder pads are olive green with kiwi accents. A really unusual feature are the gel type balls at the top of the shoulder pads. These are inside the shoulder pads. My deltoids can get a massage and I can wear a pack holding a 7-pound computer plus “stuff” in comfort.

Although certainly a very large pack and not one I’d carry to the grocery store (I use a leather pocket book/back pack for my back.) it is quite comfortable.

You will not be taking this pack hiking. You don’t need the extra padding that adds some bulkiness to the pack.

The pack has a mesh like feel to it which is moisture wicking.

The style number is UNI-2006-3116x

My final thoughts and rating:

This pack is well made, durable and stitched really well. Since it is nylon it is easy to clean. Just spot clean it with soap and water.

It is quite comfortable and makes carrying heavy loads a pleasure. I can find nothing wrong with it. If you are looking for a large, padded back pack either for your computer and everything else you carry or just want a well made padded pack, this one is worth the money.