Sassoon 21PC Hair Clipper Set

A terrible and poor quality hair clipper

Sep 27, 2011 (Updated Sep 27, 2011)
  • User Rating: OK

• Effectiveness:

Pros:The pice is cheap and it has a lot of accessories

Cons:Cheap and poorly built! Low quality and it hurts the scalp!

The Bottom Line: This clipper is poorly built and the quality poor. It comes with poor quality accessories.

In this review I will compared the Vidal Sassoon clipper with the Oster Fast Feed clipper.

Why did I decide to buy the Vidal Sassoon hair clipper
?

I have been using the Oster Fast Feed for 3 years. The Oster Fast Feed has been a reliable clipper and it is perfect for doing-it-yourself military marine high-and-tight hair cut.

I decided to buy the Vidal Sassoon hair clipper because of the brand and the price. I used Vidal Sassoon shampoo in the past and they make pretty descent hair care products.

The Oster Fast Feed is a great hair clipper but it costs $59 to $99, it depends where you buy it. The Oster Fast Feed is a great clipper but it is very expensive!

The Vidal Sassoon hair clipper was on sale for $9.99 and it comes with more tools and it comes with more guard combs, a scissors, a brush, clipper oil and nice case! The Oster Fast Feed only came with a box, clipper oil, and 4 guard combs.

Since it was only $9.99, I gave it a try and bought the Vidal Sassoon hair clipper.

The Poor Quality of the Vidal Sassoon Clipper

I was very excited when I opened my brand new $9.99 Vidal Sassoon hair clipper set and my excitement turned into a disappointment! The first thing that I noticed the blade's position was not straight! I had to use the screw driver and fixed the blade's position.

Compared to the Oster Fast Feed, the Vidal Sassoon clipper feels light and cheap! The blades look like they were poorly made and the metal piece underneath the blades was crooked.

Anyway, to make a long story short, I was able to straighten things out. A brand new clipper should not need any adjustments!

The guard combs' quality is poor, they are made from cheap plastic and they are flimsy.

The Oster Fast Feed clipper comes with only 4 comb guards but they are made from a high quality plastic and they feel sturdy.

The Terrible Experience of Using the Vidal Sassoon Clipper

Ouch! The Visal Sassoon clipper hurt my scalp when I tried to use it! Unlike the Oster Fast Feed blades, the Vidal Sassoon blades are terrible! It felt weird when I tried to do the marine high-and-cut military hair style.

The Oster Fast Feed is called Fast Feed is because when it is very fast when you want to do a military style hair cut but when I used the Vidal Sassoon hair clipper, it feels like it tried to scrape my scalp.

The Blades Quality

Like any other clippers, the blades of the Vidal Sassoon are adjustable but the brand new blades kept trying to catch my hair and it was awful! New blades are not supposed to do that!

I ended up using aftershave on my scalp after I used the Vidal Sasssoon hair clipper because my scalp really hurt and I had headache after I was done using it!

I had to put the the new Vidal Sassoon clipper away because it did a terrible job and it hurt my scalp!

Power and Cable

Like any other hair clippers, the Vidal Sassoon use AC electric power. The length of the Vidal Sassoon electric cable is actually pretty good, it is pretty long.

The Oster Fast Feed also comes with a pretty long electric cable.

The Noise

Both Oster Fast Feed and the Vidal Sassoon hair clippers make the same amount of noise. They are not loud.

Comparisons

Price: The Vidal Sassoon wins when it comes to price. The clippers are really cheap but they are terrible! The Oster Fast Feed price is very expensive but it works well!

Quality: The Oster Fast Feed definitely wins when it comes the quality.

Power and Cable: The Oster Fast Feed and the Vidal Sassoon clippers both win.

The blades: The Oster Fast Feed has a lot better blade quality! The blade doesn't hurt the scalp and it doesn't keep trying to catch the hair.

Accessories: The Oster Fast Feed wins because it comes with better quality accessories. The Vidal Sassoon hair clipper may comes with more accessories but the quality is very poor.

The Noise:  Both the Vidal Sassoon and Oster Fast Feed make the same kind of clipper noise and they are not loud.

Conclusion

If you want to buy cheap clipper that has poor quality, you can buy the Vidal Sassoon clipper but if you want a fast, reliable and high quality hair clipper that doesn't hurt you or give you a headache, I recommend that you buy the Oster Fast Feed hair clipper.

I don't recommend you to buy the Vidal Sassoon hair clipper because a brand new clipper should not need any fixings or adjustments! You will be disappointed if you decided to buy it even though the price is cheap.

Battery Life: N/A
Noise Level: Average

Vidal Sassoon Rechargeable 12-piece Hair Clipper Set

Vidal Sassoon Rechargeable 12-piece Hair Clipper Set

Vidal Sassoon Rechargeable 12-Piece Hair Clipper Set by Helen of Troy L.P. Use with cord or as cordless. Multi-cut clipper with adjustable stainless s...

Vidal Sassoon 16 Piece Rechargeable Hair Clipper Set

Vidal Sassoon 16 Piece Rechargeable Hair Clipper Set

Take care of bodily grooming with this 16-piece trimmer set. Detachable stainless steel blades are operated by a powerful DC motor. Rechargeable, cord...

Vidal Sassoon - 1875W Ionic Hair Dryer

Vidal Sassoon - 1875W Ionic Hair Dryer

This Vidal Sassoon VS547 hair dryer features ionic technology to boost your hair's shine, volume and condition while reducing frizz. The folding handl...
Best Buy

Vidal Sassoon + Ion Select+ Full Size +hair Dryer Vs547

Vidal Sassoon + Ion Select+ Full Size +hair Dryer Vs547

VIDAL SASSOON PROFESSIONAL IONIC SELECT FULL SIZE HAIR DRYER 3 Heat 2 Speed Settings 1875 Watts BRAND NEW MODEL:VS547 COLOR: RED Description: The Vida...

Vidal Sassoon 1875-Watt Ionic Hair Dryer VS547N2

Vidal Sassoon 1875-Watt Ionic Hair Dryer VS547N2

Shop for Appliances at The Home Depot. The Vidal Sassoon VS547N2 1875W Ionic Dryer with Ionic technology helps condition, add shine and volume while r...
Home Depot

Vidal Sassoon Vs547 1875w Tourmaline Ceramic Lightweight Hair Dryer

Vidal Sassoon Vs547 1875w Tourmaline Ceramic Lightweight Hair Dryer

Vidal Sassoon VS547 1875W Tourmaline Ceramic Lightweight Hair Dryer Item Description:The Vidal Sassoon 1875 Watt Tourmaline, Ceramic Hair Dryer helps ...

Vidal Sassoon 1875W Ionic Dryer

Vidal Sassoon 1875W Ionic Dryer

The Vidal Sassoon VS547N2 1875W Ionic Dryer with Ionic technology helps condition, add shine and volume while reducing frizz. Cold shot button Airflow...
Hair Vidal Sassoon Vs547 Ion Select Full Size Dryer Care Salon Beauty Fast

Hair Vidal Sassoon Vs547 Ion Select Full Size Dryer Care Salon Beauty Fast

The Vidal Sassoon 1875 Watt Professional Ionic Hair Dryer utilizes ions to help condition and dry hair fast. These ions add volume and shine, while re...

Vidal Sassoon 1875W Ionic Dryer Multicolor - 078729805473

Vidal Sassoon 1875W Ionic Dryer Multicolor - 078729805473

Shop for Hair Styling Tools and Accessories from Hayneedle.com! Salon-quality hair at home. The Vidal Sassoon 1875W ionic Dryer is a powerful way to g...
Hayneedle

Vidal Sassoon Vscl8319 16-piece Rechargeable Hair Clipper

Vidal Sassoon Vscl8319 16-piece Rechargeable Hair Clipper

VIDAL SASSOON 16P RECHARGEABLE HAIR CLIP Vidal Sassoon VSCL8319 16-Piece Rechargeable Hair Clipper Take care of bodily grooming with this 16-piece tri...