V7 D22W12 22" Widescreen LCD Monitor, built-in Speakers Reviews

V7 D22W12 22" Widescreen LCD Monitor, built-in Speakers

The V7 D22W12-N6 22 inch LCD Monitor: Affordable Picture Quality

Jan 4, 2009 (Updated Jan 4, 2009)

Pros:Good Price Point, Easy Setup, Nice Picture, Great size.

Cons:Size could be a problem for smaller desk areas

The Bottom Line:

For home users looking to pick up an inexpensive easy to use LCD Monitor.

For those of you looking to purchase an inexpensive LCD monitor, which delivers a decent overall performance and value, V7 D22W12-N6 Monitor delivers an affordable active matrix display. Not having very much experience with this particular brand (V7), this would be the second unit I've had good experience with and have recommended on a home user affordability basis.  Good bang for the buck especially considering the quality for the price point.

Manufacture Description

Perfect both for home entertainment and daily office use, this 22" Widescreen LCD is an exceptional flat screen monitor. It offers fast performance with a 5 ms response time and has a gorgeous 22" wiedescreen display - complemented with a 1000:1 contrast ratio with DVI input.

V7 - the brand

Originally I had not heard of this brand and was turned off by the company, however I did some research and posted some of the materials that I found helpful about this European company as follows. The worldwide product portfolio includes LC displays, LCD TVs and projectors. Customer satisfaction is the main focus of V7. Therefore, all V7 products contain high quality components and offer excellent service packages. The V7 monitors and displays are marketed Europe-wide by Ingram Micro Pan Europe GmbH, a 100% subsidiary of Ingram Micro Europe, based in Dornach near Munich. The V7 products are locally marketed and distributed by Ingram Micro subsidiaries in 14 European countries

*Brand Information & Description available at manufactures homepage

Setup & Installation

Installation of the monitor could not have been easier as the software drivers we included on Compact Disk, and updates were available on V7's Website. Although the monitor itself was automatically detected by windows software, I still highly recommend installing the monitor’s drivers to ensure that all features, modes, and picture will work correctly on your computer. Including the ease of use, there are menu buttons for brightness, contrast, picture locations, and an auto button which automatically adjusts the screen to a near perfect display for games, reading, or just surfing the web. This auto display fits the screen to a clear automatic picture, without the hassle of clicking needless buttons to center your picture on the screen. User controls for the main menu of the monitor include: Brightness, Contrast, Color, Language, OSD Controls, Factory Reset, Input Select, Color Adjust, Position, and Sharpness.

Personal Experience

I have found that the quality of this particular model of monitor is alright considering its price point. The monitor’s quality can sometimes be described as a little less appealing than other active matrix screens in its class. Keep in mind that most LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) monitors have a higher burnout rate than regular monitors, meaning the actual monitor will fail because of heat, humidity, dust, or normal wear & tear. Referring to the pictures quality the clarity of the V7 D22W12-N6 has proved average at best, with just standard images that can offend the eye if used for extended periods of time. I can not comfortably use this monitor for extended hours without worrying about headaches, eyestrain, or blurry vision. Usage of this has been fairly good as the monitor has some decent images for videos, gaming, and daily usage of writing.

Out of the box the unit did not have any burnt pixels or any other technical issues commonly associated with many LCD (Liquid Crystal Display). Furthermore most LCD monitors have a high burnout rate, meaning the actual monitor will fail because of heat, humidity, dust, or normal wear & tear. The monitor has a decent refresh rate for gaming (not the highest out there), and the active matrix display does justice to both games graphically & visually. Rest assured that my video card can assist in this respect, but visually the monitor has produced the results in which I am referring to. Simply unplugging the monitor & switching between them to determine quality of picture. I can honestly say I noticed a similar crisp image in the active matrix display like my previous model. Using a DVD program and a few of my favorite films, I simply watched and noted the quality & clarity of each film. During this test I noticed some slight differences in the clearness and crispness of both images during action scenes and details in background scenery. With the Inputs and Outputs of the V7 D22W12-N6 , it is clearly apparent that it is designed for both high quality images for video/DVD, and usage as maybe watching a few of your favorite sports channels. I use a computer almost everyday, if not at work, when I get home. I would recommend the V7 D22W12-N6 . I can comfortably use this monitor for extended hours without suffering some sort of eyestrain or headache. However my previous monitor from Samsung worked with similar results in terms of typing and usage at home. The 22" wide screen provides a comfortable viewing area for typing and text; it too has an excellent monitor base which allows it to be angled at a comfortable degree in which to type.

Picture

The picture clarity is very good for nearly everything I have used it for including games, DVD/Videos, text, etc… I really could not believe that my current monitor could be topped in terms of clearness of picture, or clarity/definition of each game I popped into the DVD tray. Referring to the pictures quality known as Clarity has proved quite excellent, with clear crisp images that do not offend the eye. I can comfortably use this monitor for extended hours without worry of headaches, eyestrain, or blurry vision. To expand on the previous statement, one must understand what reference is being made to the word Quality, which is described as the degree of excellence or the actual essence of character. I have found that the quality of this particular model of monitor is fairly good for my specific usage at work. The display itself is a technology used in by flat panel liquid crystal displays of laptop/notebook computers. Also know as a Widescreen TFT (Thin Film Transistor), Active Matrix displays provide a wider range of viewing angle along with a more responsive image than a dual scan (Passive Matrix) display.

Specs & Features

·   Internal power supply
·   Kensington® Security Port

Manufactures Warranty

3 Year limited warranty

Currently the best way to receive service for you monitor is to go to the manufactures website, there you can find a link for technical support, numbers to call, and service information.

Active Matrix Display

This is a technology used in by flat panel liquid crystal displays like laptops or notebook computers. Also know as a TFT (Thin Film Transistor), Active Matrix displays provide a wider range of viewing angle along with a more responsive image than a dual scan (Passive Matrix) display. Even though passive matrix displays have this technology, your picture clarity and quality will almost always look better with the Active Matrix display.

Final Thoughts

My experience has led me to refer home users, small business, and light PC users to this particular. Depending on what you are looking to use the monitor for, or how important a higher resolution/quality is to you as the user would sway the recommendation of this monitor either way. I like the fact that the price point is under $249.99 online and is readily available for purchase, and I am fairly impressed overall with the quality or clarity of the V7 D22W12-N6 Monitor. The monitor does deliver a solid performance if one is considering the price to product ratio. One could easily go out and spend $400 on a monitor and be equally satisfied with the purchase of this less expensive monitor.

Operating System: Windows

VE248Q Widescreen LCD Monitor

VE248Q Widescreen LCD Monitor

Asus VE248Q 24 LED LCD Monitor - 16:9 - 2 ms
Mirus SEA22LCD 22-inch Class Widescreen LCD Monitor with Speakers, DVI and VGA In

Maximize your space and productivity with a slim bezel design, better enabling multi-display setups. Ideal for professionals - run applications side b...

HP W2371d B3A19AA#ABA Black 23 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor

HP W2371d B3A19AA#ABA Black 23 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor

HDCP Support Yes Recommended Resolution 1920 x 1080 Pixel Pitch 0.265mm Brightness 250 cd/m2 Horizontal Refresh Rate 94 kHz Power Consumption Power Co...
Newegg.com

NEC Displays E201W-BK MultiSync 20 Widescreen LCD Monitor

NEC Displays E201W-BK MultiSync 20 Widescreen LCD Monitor

16:9 Aspect Ratio 25000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio 1600 x 900 Native Resolution 178/178 Degrees H/V Viewing Angle 250 cd/m2 Brightness 5ms Response...
MacMall
VE278Q Widescreen LCD Monitor

VE278Q Widescreen LCD Monitor

Asus VE278Q 27 1920 x 1080 10000000:1 Widescreen LED Monitor
HP 20 LCD Widescreen Monitor (W2072a)

HP 20 LCD Widescreen Monitor (W2072a)

The stylish, affordable HP W2072a LCD Widescreen Monitor offers everyone the chance to enjoy everyday computing in a whole new light. The HP 20 LCD Wi...

Dell UltraSharp U2410 24 Widescreen LCD Monitor

Dell UltraSharp U2410 24 Widescreen LCD Monitor

Get yourself the 24-inch black Dell U2410 monitor and enjoy some amazing quality performance.
www.ibenevolo.com

MX239H Widescreen LCD Monitor

MX239H Widescreen LCD Monitor

Asus MX239H 23 LED LCD Monitor - 16:9 - 5 ms
CTL LP2361 24in. Widescreen LED-Backlit LCD Monitor

CTL LP2361 24in. Widescreen LED-Backlit LCD Monitor

24in. widescreen LED-backlit LCD monitor. Offers the same image quality as HDTV! 16:9 display ratio, 1000:1 contrast ratio and 1920 x 1080 pixel resol...
Office Depot