Vitaball s Vitamin Gumballs Supplement

60 ct. Vitaballs divided by 3 kids equals 20 days of vitamins?

Jan 19, 2005

Pros:Cute idea; provides needed vitamins in neat delivery system

Cons:PRICEY, terrible flavor, SUGAR IN A VITAMIN???

The Bottom Line: These are a good supplement if the only way you can get your kids to take a vitamin is to deceive them.

I recently purchased the 60 count Vitaball Vitamin Gumballs from Amazon for a special price of $5.99; prior to this sale, I was purchasing the 36 count for this price at my local grocery store.

About Vitaball...summarized and editorialized by me

"Hey, Bob. I have a great idea! Let's add vitamins to gumballs!"

"Wow, John! That's a great idea! Do we have to make them sugar free though?"

"No, John. They can be loaded with vitamins and sugar!"

"Great! Let's market them during kid's programming and stress the bubble blowing potential!"

"Good idea, John! We don't even have to mention that they have sugar; we can just stress the fact that they are loaded with 100% Recommended Daily allowance of 11 vitamins."

"sounds perfect to me, Bob. Let's run with it!"

"Vitaball Vitamin Gumballs are the vitamin gumballs that delivers 100% RDA of 11 essential vitamins in 5-10 minutes of chewing!"

Vitamins in Vitaballs:
Vitamin A, C, D, E, B-6, B-12, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Folic Acid, Biotin and Pantothenic Acid.

Each daily Vitaball contains 15 calories and 4g of sugar and carbohydrates.

Flavors: Blue Raspberry, Cherry, Grape, Watermelon, and Bubble gum.

This product does not contain yeast, wheat, gluten, nuts or dairy products.

My review
Well, if you can't tell by my editorializing, I'm of a mixed mind with the Vitaball Vitamin Gumballs. On the one hand, kids do need a new delivery system for vitamins.

On the other hand, you, the parent, need to modify their diets so that they receive almost all of their vitamins from the foods that they eat.

On the other hand, when your darling goes through the nothing but pb&j stage, they do need to get their vitamins from another source.

On the other hand (I'm using my feet for this review), the body only absorbs between 20 and 40% of the vitamins received through a multivitamin.

These vitamins contain no Iron; an essential mineral needed for development. They also contain sugar and do not come in a sugar free version. The lack of Iron and the addition of sugar make this Vitaball Vitamin Gumballs a good news / bad news product in my mind.

My kids absolutely love taking these Vitaball Vitamin Gumballs. They fight over the colors (there seems to be a lack of assortment- you get more of one color than another) and happily take their vitamins in this form.

My concerns are really two-fold: one is that the kids will not return to the older, more reliable method of ingesting vitamins by way of healthy fruits and vegetables if they find out they can get their vitamins by chewing Vitaball Vitamin Gumballs.

My second concern is the potential for overdosing on certain vitamins. If your daily menu consists of foods rich in the above listed vitamins, then the Vitaball Vitamin Gumballs are redundant and the potential for overdosing is considerable.

I have tasted these Vitaball Vitamin Gumballs and personally think they taste terrible; the kids seem to love them though. 60 vitamins will last my three kids twenty days (as opposed to the multivitamins I normally buy which come in bottles of 90). If you have more than one child, I suggest buying these in the 60 count package or ordering from the Vitaball Vitamin Gumballs website (where you can buy all of one color!).

The other consideration is the price. If I can find these on sale, I'll buy them. Otherwise, 60 vitamins for the msrp of $9.99 is a bit steep since I can get our regular chewable vitamins for half this price with double the quantity.

Overall
If your child is picky (or going through the various stages of a toddler...you know, the beige stage, the green stage, the pb&j stage), then you have the option of including a multivitamin into their diet. These Vitaball Vitamin Gumballs offer an easy and fun delivery system but provide sugar as well.

I would suggest these Vitaball Vitamin Gumballs only if you cannot get your child to take a chewable multivitamin; for the price, these simply do not deliver enough of the essential vitamins and minerals needed that other chewable multivitamins offer. Great concept, needs improvement.

Shimmering Gumballs Yellow Pearl

Shimmering Gumballs Yellow Pearl

Shimmering Gumballs Yellow Pearl might be the perfect topping for your special birthday or wedding cupcakes. You can also use them for decorating ging...

Shimmer White Gumballs - 1lbs

Shimmer White Gumballs - 1lbs

These beautiful shimmer (pearl like finish) gumballs can be a beautiful decorative touch to any candy buffet, party favor or wedding or shower event. ...
The CandyLand Store.com
Gumballs: 8500 CT

Gumballs: 8500 CT

Gumballs: 8500 CT Fan of gumballs? With 8500 gumballs, you will not miss a single day without it! Comes in an assortment of flavors and colors. Diame...
Candy.com
Black Bulk Gumballs 1-Inch Large 5lb

Black Bulk Gumballs 1-Inch Large 5lb

Large Black Gumballs in bulk. Each gumball is 1 in diameter. Approximately 50 large Black Gumballs per pound. That's roughly 250 Black Gumballs in eac...
Candy Crate
Gold Gumballs - 1lbs

Gold Gumballs - 1lbs

These beautiful gold gumballs can be a beautiful decorative touch to any candy buffet, party favor or wedding or shower event. These beautiful gumball...
The Candy City
Green Gumballs 8Oz (Each)

Green Gumballs 8Oz (Each)

Get an 8 oz package of Green Gumballs to set out in a bowl or put into favor bags. These gumballs have a green candy shell and are a fun treat for kid...
BirthdayInABox

Gumballs Yellow 25mm Or 1 Inch (114 Count), 2lbs

Gumballs Yellow 25mm Or 1 Inch (114 Count), 2lbs

Template By Froo! GUMBALLS YELLOW 25mm or 1 inch (120 count), 2LBS FREE SHIPPING IN THE U.S.!!! 1 inch or 25mm BUBBLE KING GUMBALLS, MANUFACTURED IN C...

Gumballs By The Pound - Small Orange

Gumballs By The Pound - Small Orange

Small Orange Flavored Gumballs By The Pound
candymachines.com
Gumballs

Gumballs

Add some brightly colored gumballs for extra style and deliciousness to a birthday party candy buffet or dessert bar.
www.beau-coup.com
Large Gold Gumballs

Large Gold Gumballs

Show me the money?or in this case?the gold! These Gold Large Gumballs have a beautiful candy coating giving them the allure associated with glittering...
PartyPail.com