Vitaball s Vitamin Gumballs Supplement

60 ct. Vitaballs divided by 3 kids equals 20 days of vitamins?

Jan 19, 2005

Pros:Cute idea; provides needed vitamins in neat delivery system

Cons:PRICEY, terrible flavor, SUGAR IN A VITAMIN???

The Bottom Line: These are a good supplement if the only way you can get your kids to take a vitamin is to deceive them.

I recently purchased the 60 count Vitaball Vitamin Gumballs from Amazon for a special price of $5.99; prior to this sale, I was purchasing the 36 count for this price at my local grocery store.

About Vitaball...summarized and editorialized by me

"Hey, Bob. I have a great idea! Let's add vitamins to gumballs!"

"Wow, John! That's a great idea! Do we have to make them sugar free though?"

"No, John. They can be loaded with vitamins and sugar!"

"Great! Let's market them during kid's programming and stress the bubble blowing potential!"

"Good idea, John! We don't even have to mention that they have sugar; we can just stress the fact that they are loaded with 100% Recommended Daily allowance of 11 vitamins."

"sounds perfect to me, Bob. Let's run with it!"

"Vitaball Vitamin Gumballs are the vitamin gumballs that delivers 100% RDA of 11 essential vitamins in 5-10 minutes of chewing!"

Vitamins in Vitaballs:
Vitamin A, C, D, E, B-6, B-12, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Folic Acid, Biotin and Pantothenic Acid.

Each daily Vitaball contains 15 calories and 4g of sugar and carbohydrates.

Flavors: Blue Raspberry, Cherry, Grape, Watermelon, and Bubble gum.

This product does not contain yeast, wheat, gluten, nuts or dairy products.

My review
Well, if you can't tell by my editorializing, I'm of a mixed mind with the Vitaball Vitamin Gumballs. On the one hand, kids do need a new delivery system for vitamins.

On the other hand, you, the parent, need to modify their diets so that they receive almost all of their vitamins from the foods that they eat.

On the other hand, when your darling goes through the nothing but pb&j stage, they do need to get their vitamins from another source.

On the other hand (I'm using my feet for this review), the body only absorbs between 20 and 40% of the vitamins received through a multivitamin.

These vitamins contain no Iron; an essential mineral needed for development. They also contain sugar and do not come in a sugar free version. The lack of Iron and the addition of sugar make this Vitaball Vitamin Gumballs a good news / bad news product in my mind.

My kids absolutely love taking these Vitaball Vitamin Gumballs. They fight over the colors (there seems to be a lack of assortment- you get more of one color than another) and happily take their vitamins in this form.

My concerns are really two-fold: one is that the kids will not return to the older, more reliable method of ingesting vitamins by way of healthy fruits and vegetables if they find out they can get their vitamins by chewing Vitaball Vitamin Gumballs.

My second concern is the potential for overdosing on certain vitamins. If your daily menu consists of foods rich in the above listed vitamins, then the Vitaball Vitamin Gumballs are redundant and the potential for overdosing is considerable.

I have tasted these Vitaball Vitamin Gumballs and personally think they taste terrible; the kids seem to love them though. 60 vitamins will last my three kids twenty days (as opposed to the multivitamins I normally buy which come in bottles of 90). If you have more than one child, I suggest buying these in the 60 count package or ordering from the Vitaball Vitamin Gumballs website (where you can buy all of one color!).

The other consideration is the price. If I can find these on sale, I'll buy them. Otherwise, 60 vitamins for the msrp of $9.99 is a bit steep since I can get our regular chewable vitamins for half this price with double the quantity.

Overall
If your child is picky (or going through the various stages of a toddler...you know, the beige stage, the green stage, the pb&j stage), then you have the option of including a multivitamin into their diet. These Vitaball Vitamin Gumballs offer an easy and fun delivery system but provide sugar as well.

I would suggest these Vitaball Vitamin Gumballs only if you cannot get your child to take a chewable multivitamin; for the price, these simply do not deliver enough of the essential vitamins and minerals needed that other chewable multivitamins offer. Great concept, needs improvement.

Vitamin-a Cream 4 Oz Bottle Supplement Spot

Vitamin-a Cream 4 Oz Bottle Supplement Spot

A New Name for the Same Exceptional Product you have Always Received!VITAMIN-A WRINKLE TREATMENT CREAM, 4 oz Use only the best on your skin! This high...

White Shimmer Gumballs: 14 LBS

White Shimmer Gumballs: 14 LBS

White Shimmer Gumballs 850 pieces: 1 Count Shimmery White Gumballs are perfect for weddings, candy buffets, and decorating by theme or color. The glis...
Shimmer White Gumballs - 1lbs

Shimmer White Gumballs - 1lbs

These beautiful shimmer (pearl like finish) gumballs can be a beautiful decorative touch to any candy buffet, party favor or wedding or shower event. ...
The Candy City
Shimmering Gumballs White

Shimmering Gumballs White

Shimmering Gumballs White might be the perfect topping for your special birthday or wedding cupcakes. You can also use them for decorating gingerbread...

Gold Gumballs - 1lbs

Gold Gumballs - 1lbs

These beautiful gold gumballs can be a beautiful decorative touch to any candy buffet, party favor or wedding or shower event. These beautiful gumball...
The CandyLand Store.com
Green Gumballs 8Oz (Each)

Green Gumballs 8Oz (Each)

Get an 8 oz package of Green Gumballs to set out in a bowl or put into favor bags. These gumballs have a green candy shell and are a fun treat for kid...
BirthdayInABox

Blue Diamond Cosmetics Vitamin C Serum Nutritional Supplement Improve Skin

Blue Diamond Cosmetics Vitamin C Serum Nutritional Supplement Improve Skin

Blue Diamond Cosmetics Vitamin C Serum Nutritional Supplement Product Detail Blue Diamond Cosmetics Vitamin C Serum recipe is a radiant smooth serum t...

Gumballs By The Pound - Gold

Gumballs By The Pound - Gold

Gold Vending Machine Gumballs By The PoundCase quantity discounts.
candymachines.com
Small Gumballs  Machine Size 750 Count Jar

Small Gumballs Machine Size 750 Count Jar

Rainblo small bubble gum balls. These gumballs fit into a machine or can be enjoyed out of the jar. There are about 750 small gumballs per jar.
blaircandy.com
Red Gumballs 8Oz (Each)

Red Gumballs 8Oz (Each)

Our Red Gumballs are a classic treat you can include in your party. With each order you'll receive an 8 ounce bag of gumballs in this bright red color...
WholesaleHalloweenCostumes