Vivitar ViviCam 10 0.3 MP Digital Camera - Red Reviews

Vivitar ViviCam 10 0.3 MP Digital Camera - Red

cheap camera, good for outdoor use, forget indoor pics

Jun 10, 2007
  • User Rating: OK

• Battery Life:
  • Photo Quality:
  • Shutter Lag

Pros:inexpensive, takes decent pictures outdoors, easy pic transfer

Cons:shuts off too quick returning to default loosing all settings, no good for indoor pics

The Bottom Line: would not recommend this one unless it's for a child or you only want to take outdoor pics

I got this camera from my daughter when she bought herself a new one. I do some selling on ebay and needed a digital camera, so she gave me the vivitar 10 since it didn't meet her needs for picture quality.

It will take decent pictures outside but forget trying to get a clear photo indoors, I never could get the flash working right on it. By the time you think you got the settings right it will shut itself off and go back to the default setting, grrr. Once in a while I manage to get a shot in but it usually comes out so grany that it's no good for showing details. So all the pictures I take for my e-bay selling I do outdoors in daylight.

Transferring pictures (it can store about 65 of them on it's built-in memory) is fairly easy. The camera hooks up to the pc with a usb cable. I use microsoft picture-it to transfer them and modify the pictures (size, position, touch-up) to make them usable for my purpose.

It also takes short video-clips and can be used as a webcam if you have ALOT of light. The camera comes with a little screw on stand and a carrying case that can strap on a belt.

I didn't pay for it myself and it wouldn't have been my first choice for a camera. My daughter paid about $30 at walmart for it and then realized it didn't produce high enough quality pictures so she ended up spending a little more and got a better camera for about $50.

So the bottom line is: if you want something cheap that will take ok pictures outdoors this will do for you, if you want really good pictures then spend a little more and get a better camera. I am thinking about getting me a better one and giving this one to my 8 year old grandson.

This Camera is a Good Choice if You Want Something... Easy Enough for Anyone to Use

Vivitar 16.1mp Vivicam S525 Hd Optical 5x Zoom Auto Flash 2.4 Screen Purple

Vivitar 16.1mp Vivicam S525 Hd Optical 5x Zoom Auto Flash 2.4 Screen Purple

Vivitar 16.1MP Vivicam S525 HD Optical 5X Zoom Auto Flash 2.4 Screen Purple Factory Sealed Contents:Digital Camera USB Cable Vivitar Experience Softwa...