Vizio VT420M 42" 1080p HD LCD Television Reviews

Vizio VT420M 42" 1080p HD LCD Television

Good not great

Feb 28, 2012
Rated Show

Pros:Good color/sound. Good speaker location

Cons:TV lost picture less than two years after purchase.

I bought this TV in Jan 2010. Mostly because I was very impressed with a smaller 24" Visio I had purchased a couple of years before. Everything was fine, color and sound were very good for almost two years, that is until the picture went out. I still had sound, but just a black screen. I called Visio Tech Support and they said one of the boards had to be replaced.  They also told me that since the warranty had expired in Jan 2011, and that I was responsible for the cost of repair. I was furious that a TV picture would go in less than two years. They apologized, blah, blah, but I was really angry and I told them so. As luck would have it I bought the TV with my American Express card so the repair was covered by the extended warranty that comes with the card. Otherwise it would have cost me $245!  I find out through researching the internet that this was not uncommon with Visio TV. This is the last time I buy a Visio.

Vizio Vt420mIn stock
About Us Ebay Store Shipping Returns Payment Top Brands:Plantronics Polycom Samsung Panasonic Garmin Motorola AT T Humminbird Norelco Braun Sony Oral-...