WD 40 Company Carpet Stain Remover for Cola Coffee Wine Grease 14oz Reviews

WD 40 Company Carpet Stain Remover for Cola Coffee Wine Grease 14oz

Best Carpet Cleaner Around

Jan 20, 2008 (Updated Jan 20, 2008)

Pros:Can tackle the toughest stains regardless of age.

Cons:Does have a bit of a chemical smell when first sprayed.

The Bottom Line: In my opinion, this is the best carpet stain removing product around. It can even remove black ink from carpet and it can certainly handle normal stains with ease.

Background

I have been using this carpet cleaning product for close to 10 years (or so it seems). I was introduced to this product while shopping at COSTCO warehouse. They used to sell a 3 pack of large cans (probably like 20 oz.) for $9.00. Unfortunately, they stopped selling this product in my area, and the largest can size you find most often in the store is of the 14 ounce variety and that can cost over $6.00.

The product at COSTCO seemed like a good deal so I gave it a try and have been using it ever since.

Spot Shot is a carpet cleaning product from WD 40.

In our household we have 3 daughters and 2 dogs and 2 cats.
So we have plenty of opportunities for mishaps that result in some kind of carpet stain. The carpet in our house is a very light color so it will show stains readily. When we moved into our house, it wasn't long before we knew we needed to find some product that would keep our carpet looking clean.

After trying other carpet cleaners like Resolve and Woolite Carpet Cleaner, I believe this is the best.

Product

Spot Shot is a carpet cleaning product that comes in an aerosol can and it can be used on a variety of carpet types. The can does warn that you should test for color fastness before using, but I have not had a problem with using this product.

The current can design (that has been in place for years) features a forward spraying nozzle (typical aerosol can where you press down on the nozzle and the spray comes out the side). The original can had a top spraying nozzle (where you had to point the top of the can toward the stain and then depress the side of the nozzle slightly to dispense the cleaner). More on this later.

For stain removal, the instructions on the product say:

Shake can and then spray product onto stain. Avoid over saturation.

Blot the stain with a clean (white absorbent cloth/paper towel).

After the stain is removed, continue to blot the area to remove excess cleaner and promote drying.

As you can tell, the product is pretty easy and straight forward to use.

Using Spot Shot on Stains

I have many years of experience using this product and this product is my absolute first choice bar none for tackling any carpet stain.

I have used this on every kind of pet stain imaginable and it has worked flawlessly. I have also used it to remove red wine stains from light colored carpet.

The most difficult stain we tackled was when our dog (then a new puppy at the time) got hold of a black ink pen. The little rascal chewed on the pen in our living room until all the ink ran out the back of the pen onto his left paw and our carpet. The ink stain was horrible. A black ink stain on the carpet that was over 3 inches in diameter. My wife and I were both sick over it as we had not been in our house that long.

I thought, getting this stain out was going to be hopeless. So I grabbed a new large can of Spot Shot from our cupboard and a role of paper towels and went to work.
I worked on that spot for quite a while spraying Spot Shot, waiting for it to dissolve some of the ink and then blotting it up. At first it looked like it caused the ink to spread, but soon the spot began to fade to the point that I was able to remove absolutely every trace of the ink from the carpet. Granted, it took an entire can of Spot Shot, but I was really impressed by this to the point that I even wrote a letter to WD 40 about my absolutely positive experience.

I will say that Spot Shot does have a little bit of a chemical odor, but I consider that a small price to pay for how effective it is. The odor fades quickly as the product dries, so it has no lasting effects.

Health and Safety

Spot Shot does have a health warning for accidental ingestion (no surprise there) - it says to call a physician and do not induce vomiting.

For eye contact, you should flush your eyes with water and if pain persist, call a physician.

I have personal experience with accidental eye contact. To make a long story short, the original can had a top dispensing nozzle and my daughter (thinking this was a side dispensing nozzle) accidentally sprayed this product into her eyes. We flushed her eyes with water and called a physician just in case. She was completely fine after the eye flushing and she had no ill effects. The nozzle on the can was changed shortly after this, to a more traditional side spraying nozzle.

Conclusion

In my opinion, I think this is the best carpet stain removing product on the market that I have used. I have used Resolve and Woolite and I think Spot Shot outperforms them both. Successfully removing all that black ink from my carpet was enough to make a loyal customer out of me. I have recently discovered another product by Dyson called Dyzolv that seems pretty effective, but I have not had as much experience with Dyzolv as I have had with Spot Shot.

I know there are a lot of fans of Resolve out there. If you are ever curious about another product or can't find Resolve, give a can of Spot Shot a try. You might find you like it better.

Wd-40 Company Instant Carpet Stain Remover, w Odor Neutralizers, 18 Oz

Wd-40 Company Instant Carpet Stain Remover, w Odor Neutralizers, 18 Oz

Spot Shot Professional Instant Spray Carpet Stain Remover cleans tough stains and odors instantly. Simply spray on and blot. There's no waiting or scr...

WD-40(R) Spot Shot(R) Professional Instant Carpet Stain Remover, 18 Oz.

WD-40(R) Spot Shot(R) Professional Instant Carpet Stain Remover, 18 Oz.

Removes spots and stains instantly - without rubbing, scrubbing or vacuuming! Professional formula is effective on both new and old water-based or oil...
Office Depot

Stain X Carpet Stain Remover 2- 2 Oz Bottles

Stain X Carpet Stain Remover 2- 2 Oz Bottles

Free Shipping ListingSTAIN X CARPET STAIN REMOVER 2- 2 OZ BOTTLES Condition:Brand New, Sealed.Product Description:STAIN-X IS ODORLESS, COLORLESS, NONF...

14 Oz. Stain Remover By Wd40 Co