Dalen WW3 Wall - O - Water (090826000032) Reviews

Dalen WW3 Wall - O - Water (090826000032)

garden: Dalen Products Incorporated's Products for Home and Garden

Feb 1, 2011 (Updated Feb 1, 2011)

Pros:Reusable for about 8 growing seasons

Cons:none noted

The Bottom Line: heavy duty poly vinyl, sectioned, cylindrical tubes meant for shielding cultivars to temps in the teens and 20s° F

© Dalen Products Incorporated's Products for Home and Garden includes the Wall O Water Season Starter™ device designed to shelter seedlings and plantlets in temperatures down to 16° F as it lengthens the planting and growing season by as much as 2 months.

I suppose over the years of setting out tomato, pepper and other early cultivars; I have used about every protective device as have other gardeners. From paper hot caps, buckets, cut off milk bottles, hay, newspaper, you name it, we have used it. All are about as useful, or not, one to another when it comes to protecting tender plants during late frost.

Dalen Products Incorporated's Products for Home and Garden Wall O Water standing 18 inches tall, and having 14-16 inch diameter is a self-standing hedge of water protection appliance crafted of heavy duty poly vinyl, sectioned, cylindrical tubes meant for shielding cultivars to temps in the teens and 20s° F.

Use of the Wall O Water is meant to allow gardeners to set up the spring garden as much as a month to 6 weeks earlier than usual with no dread of unexpected or late frost; and I find that the Wall O Water does seem to work pretty much as advertised.

I like that the Wall O Water allows gardeners to gain a bit of garden advantage by starting planting outdoors earlier than usual leading to harvest beginning about 30 days sooner than standard and all without the fear of freezing even in the face of an unexpected late frost.  I'm not sure how the device works with onion sets or seed; I tend to start most seed inside using peat pellets and peat grow through pots and later setting transplants in the planting beds.  I find the Wall O Water protects the transplants well.

I'm not sure if all Wall O Water apparatus are the same, however, mine are a poly vinyl device teepee type  surround gizmo meant to insulate young cultivars against the rigors of early spring weather. The Wall O Water is designed to be simple to use and reusable.

To use: Position the teepee device around a young cultivar.

Note: do not set and fill the chambers prior to setting transplant in place.

Fill chambers with water.

The idea is: Sunlight will heat the water, providing an insulating barrier to frost for the cultivar without blocking of sunlight and I find that pretty much is true.  I find that during periods of some winter sunshine water does warm.  Nothing is going to warm water during heavy snowfall.  Wisdom dictates use of the Wall O Water toward transplant and hoped for water wall warmth when snow is no longer expected.

I find cultivars will continue to thrive without undue concern regarding unexpected late frost. Keeping plants comfy at night when temps generally fall, and especially should a late frost descend allows cultivars to maintain growth plus continue a nice head start on the growing period.

I have seen Wall O Water teepees in a number of gardens for many years now. Some gardeners leave the teepees in place, others remove them. As daytime air temps warm consistently for a reasonable period; I do remove the devices.

Sold in a set of three Dalen Products Incorporated's Products for Home and Garden the Wall O Water Season Starter™ is reusable for 7-10 seasons before wear and age indicate purchase of newer models.  My Original Wall O Water have been used for over a decade and are beginning to show a little sign of wear.  I have augmented my first Wall O Water purchase with more and later versions of these handy devices.

Happy to recommend © Dalen Products Incorporated's Products for Home and Garden includes the Wall O Water Season Starter™ device.
------------------------

GARDEN

------------------------

Note: Dalen does not currently sell directly to the public.

===========================

I find this product online from various sites as well as on shelves in a number of walk in shops. Price varies by when and when purchase is made.

Reviewed by Molly's Reviews
molly   martin
===========================

For more product details, facts, and shipping information please check the SEE IT button  and  VENDOR  Links

---------------------------------------------

From Internet search: © Dalen Products Incorporated in Knoxville, TN is a private company categorized under Hand and Edge Tools.

Established in 1975 and incorporated in Tennessee. Mechanical engineer Neal Caldwell used his training, passion for gardening and inspiration to work developing several products designed to facilitate establish lush yard and garden areas on land many had given up on surrounding his own home.

The outcome of Caldwell's work resulted in the birth of Dalen Products, Inc.  Some 35+ years later, Dalen continues to manufacture and market Caldwell's first patented product.  The Gardeneer,  Dalen Tomato Tray™ , has been joined by  nearly 100 other.  Dalen employs a staff of approximately 50 to 99 workers.

Dalen carries on the original business practice of providing gardeners products designed to advance their lifestyle through inimitable, ground-breaking, and quality goods.

Dalen Products Incorporated holds true to honest business dealings coupled to deep seated respect for its local community as well as a philosophy of consumer-driven innovation and marketing. These principles drive Dalen's passion for structuring an excellent business, in addition to offering gardeners and customers exceptional products and services.

Giving back 10% of its annual profit to community efforts; Dalen is a major contributor in the community in which it resides.

Dalen Products, Inc is a manufacturer, exporter, importer manufacturing hand tools, air-supported rubber structures, manufactures plastic netting; lace & warp knit fabric mill Animal containment and habitats, Animal shelters, Animal containment, Aquariums, Terrariums, Animal habitats, Marquisette cloth, Dossal, Welting fabrics.

Dalen Products, Inc
700 Dalen Lane
Knoxville TN 37932

THANK YOU FOR VISITING THE CALICO BOOT WALL-O-WATER (4-3 PACKS)PLEASE NOTE: THIS RED WALL-O-WATER WAS PRODUCED FOR THE FIRST TIME IN THE FALL OF 2009....
THANK YOU FOR VISITING THE CALICO BOOT Wall O' Water (4-3Packs) The most efficient way to keep plants protected from freezing weather. Wall O Waters e...

TO PURCHASE 4 OR MORE ITEMS PLEASE CONTACT SELLER FOR PRICE AND AVAILABILITY Wall O' Water (10-5 Packs) The most efficient way to keep plants protecte...
THANK YOU FOR VISITING THE CALICO BOOT TO PURCHASE 400 OR MORE ITEMS PLEASE CONTACT SELLER FOR PRICE AND AVAILABILITY Wall O' Water (10-5 Packs) The m...
TO PURCHASE 400 OR MORE ITEMS PLEASE CONTACT SELLER FOR PRICE AND AVAILABILITY Wall O' Water (20-5 Packs) The most efficient way to keep plants protec...