Wahl Pro Series Cord/Cordless Rechargeable Animal Clipper Kit Reviews

Wahl Pro Series Cord/Cordless Rechargeable Animal Clipper Kit

Wahl Pro Series Pet Clipper Kit Model 8552 - No more trips to the groomer!

Oct 29, 2004

Pros:Don't get hot or bog down, has everything I need to do the job!

Cons:Can be expensive, but worth it! Be careful not to accidentally cut your pet.

The Bottom Line: I wish I had bought these in the first place!!

I knew that when I adopted Honey, my Cocker Spaniel, we would end up making trips to the groomers, which was fine. I usually washed her bedding and such while she is gone, since they keep her a minimum of four hours. Since she gets shampooed, and the whole nine yards, I don't want her to come back to a stinky bed.

If I have learned anything at all about this state, it's that everything seems to be way more expensive than I'm used to. Getting Honey groomed back home was $35. Yeah, it's steep, but it was do-able. Here they want a minimum of $45. No way, Jose! I did that once and that was more than enough! I decided I would trim her myself and save some money!

Well, we first bought a set of clippers from the Health and Beauty section of Wal-Mart. People hair. Dog hair. Hair is hair, right? Wrong! I trimmed her with those and it took forever! They just weren't powerful enough to cut thru her coat. My husband held her as I trimmed and my hands about locked up several times from being in the same position on the clippers for so long. They also got very hot, so I had to stop and let them cool down so neither I, nor the dog, got burned.

When we were in Wal-Mart getting our bi-monthly goodies, we saw that they had a cart load of Wahl Pro Series Pet Clipper Kits Model 8552 on clearance! Regularly $39.99, they were marked down to $18 a set! My husband grabbed one up. We figured they couldn't do any worse than the "people" set we had bought, and even if they did, we still got 2 trims for the cost of one grooming session.

When we got home, Matt tore the packaging open and started looking them over. He had to leave soon, Navy stuff, and he knew I wanted to groom Honey before he left, and it is easier when I have his help to hold her since she doesn't like the noise. Since the clippers are rechargeable, he knew they would need to be plugged in before use. The book recommends 12-15 hours before their first use, and then 4-6 hours from a completely run down point.

The next day we set everything out to begin. The Wahl Pro Series Pet Clipper Kit Model 8552 came with a DVD on how to clip your pet's coat, but my mother always did her poodles when we were at home and I usually helped. I knew what to do. We started to watch the DVD anyway, but after about 2 minutes I was annoyed. It was slow going and was stuff I already knew. I have no idea where the DVD is now.

The Wahl Pro Series Pet Clipper Kit Model 8552 comes in a nice black, plastic case with a handle. There are two clips, one on either side of the molded handle, to keep the case closed. Also included is:

Rechargeable Cord/Cordless Clipper
Blade Guard
Cleaning Brush
Instruction Booklet
Blade Sharpening Order Form

I don't like the "Cocker Cut", so I just shave Honey down. I use the Number 1 (1/8") guide for her coat. Yeah, it just short of skins her, but with the heat and humidity here, it makes it easier on all of us. I have to trim her less often and she gets relief longer from the heat. It is also easier to keep her nice looking and maintaining the short cut is easy.

One thing I really like about the Wahl Pro Series Pet Clipper Kit is that when the charge runs out, which it does on us if we forget to plug it in or haven't trimmed Honey in a while, you can plug it in and use it corded, as well. They keep their power no matter if you're using them cordless or not. The motor never once bogged down on us, and it cut her coat evenly and smoothly. No snags or drags at all! You will need to be careful, however, not to push down and to be careful around toes and ears. It is possible to cut your pet if you aren't careful.

The clipper unit itself fits in my hand perfectly. It's only 6" long and 1 1/2" wide, so it is a very trim model. It's weighty, but that is due to the batteries in the handle. The clippers contain nickel-metal hydride rechargeable batteries and they should only be replaced with the same type. If you can't find them anywhere, they give Wahl's 800 number to call and order some. I haven't had to change mine yet, so this hasn't been an issue for me. You will need a Phillip's screwdriver to remove the two batteries.

Cleaning the unit after use has been easy. The kit came with a small brush that I use to clean out any hair that might have gotten stuck in the blades. Also included is a small, clear container of oil so you can oil the blades before storing them away. Be sure to put the blade guard back on, as well, to keep them ready to go the next time you need them!

The Wahl Pro Series Pet Clipper Kit Model 8552 comes with a one year limited warranty, valid in the USA only. This does not include the blades. Wahl will repair or replace your unit free of charge as long as it has been within one year of purchase date. Proof of purchase is required.

I am so happy that my husband picked these up! I didn't think it would do any good, but for the price we gave it a go and I am so glad we did! It cut the time I have to spend clipping Honey down to 1/3 of the time it used to! It's easier on all of us, and less stress, because they are faster, stronger and easier to use. Less bulk and weight, not to mention they don't get hot like the other set did.

If you have a pet, do yourself a favor and pick up the Wahl Pro Series Pet Clipper Kit Model 8552 if you plan to groom them yourself. It will save a lot of time and energy in the long run!

Wahl Pro 5 Star Shaver Shaper Rechargeable Cord Cordless Bump Free Anti-allergic

inkfrogproseries WAHL PRO 5 STAR SHAVER SHAPER RECHARGEABLE CORD CORDLESS BUMP FREE ANTI-ALLERGIC Description Wahl 5-Star Professional 8061 Hypoallerg...

WAHL 5 STAR SHAVER – The Wahl 5 Star features a special angled shaver head with gold hypoallergenic foil which shaves close...but not too close. The...

Wahl Cord/Cordless Shaver

Wahl Cord/Cordless Shaver

Find shaving and hair removal at Target.com! The wahl cordless shaver has a patented cutting system that flexes along the contours of your face for a ...

Wahl Cord/cordless Shaver

Wahl Cord/cordless Shaver

Powered by Frooition Pro in titles description Wahl Cord Cordless Shaver The Wahl Cordless Shaver has a patented cutting system that flexes along the ...

Wahl 5-Star Deluxe Bump Free Cord/Cordless Shaver #8061

Wahl 5-Star Deluxe Bump Free Cord/Cordless Shaver #8061

Deluxe rechargeable cord/cordless shaver Convenient pop-up trimming function for reducing beard length prior to final shave. Anti-allergic gold foil t...

Wahl 7060-700 7060700 Cord/cordless Bump-free Shaver - We Ship Internationally

Wahl 7060-700 7060700 Cord/cordless Bump-free Shaver - We Ship Internationally

2222 Cherokee Street Saint Louis, MO 63118 Wahl 7060-700 Cord/Cordless Bump-Free Shaver Wahl 7060-700 Cord/Cordless Rechargeable Bump-Free Shaver Manu...

Wahl Bump Free Cord/cordless Shaver

Wahl Bump Free Cord/cordless Shaver

Wahl Bump Free Cord/Cordless Shaver Description: Face Saver Shaver with hypoallergenic gold foils for sensitive skin Bump free shave for face, neck an...