-57%
Waring DF55 Deep Fryer Reviews

Waring DF55 Deep Fryer

Free Shipping Beach Camera.com

My Little Buddy!! Excellent Little Deep Fryer!!! Hot Stuff! Gets the Job Done!!

Dec 13, 2009 (Updated Dec 14, 2009)

Pros:Heats up oil very fast. Quck, responsive and powerful!

Cons:Short power cord. Cabinet get really hot. Oil cools very slowly.

The Bottom Line: This unit is amazing! Very powerful and efficient!! Small and compact. You'll wonder how you ever got along without it!!

WHAT IS THE 411 ON THIS PRODUCT?
First, let me say that I've always wanted one of these restaurant-style deep fryers, but I really didn't have a lot of room for one. That there are an awful lot of them out there - all in different sizes and shapes! From single-basket one to the double and large-basket sizes. And then, there are the mini ones, which are perfect for single people, couples and / or small families.

I think that the Waring DF55 Mini Deep Fryer fits right into my lifestyle and needs. It is small, compact, doesn't demand a whole lot of space, but for its small size, it is very powerful, versatile and quick!!

WHAT THEN?

So I got it the other day. Was going to try it out that same day, but I waited until the next day because I had a homemade steak & cheese sub with onions and green peppers. And when I DID eventually try it out, I was truly amazed at the way it quickly fried the steak fries!

After setting the unit up and letting the oil get hot to the maximum temp of 375 degrees, I put the first small batch of potatos in and let them fry. From the first batch to the last all the way to the last, the
Waring DF55 Mini Deep Fryer handled it all! It made short work of all of the steak fries! i cooked almost a 5-lb bag of potatoes in about 30 minutes or less!

At first, I didn't think that a temp of 375 degrees would successfully fry a large bag of potatoes in that short amount of time, but it did! I was truly flaberghasted and in awe!! Recovery time (the time needed for the oil to get back up to temp between batches) was very fast and responsive. The powerful heating element also helps keeps the temp at it's precise level as long as food is fried in small batches.

WHAT ELSE?

The technology behind the extremely powerful heating element is to heat up the oil at a much faster rate and make recovery time very fast and efficient.

Put simply, this unit is no mere "run-of-the-mill" deep fryer! Waring has been making small appliances for the home kitchen for many, many years, and I trust their integrity! I also have a good grinder that's made by the co. They stand behind their products and you can be sure that you won't go wrong!

USES:

Use this amazing unit to fry up something quick like appitisers like buffalo wings, a snack, a whole meal such as French fries, shrimp, chicken pieces, fish fillets, egg rolls, spring rolls, even donuts! Or for small parties. The possibilities are endless!!

FEATURES & CONSTRUCTION:

1. Elegant brushed stainless steel cabinet.

2. Stay-cool side handles. Eliminates having to touch hot cabinet during use if unit must be slightly moved.

3. 1,55-watt immersion-style heating element for faster frying.

4. 2-quart enamel-coated oil container with handy pouring spout.

5. Dishwasher-safe lid and oil container.

6. Power On and Ready LED indicators

7. One-year limited warranty on entire product.

8. Heavy mesh basket with detachable handle.

9. Compact appeal. Uses no more counter space than a regular 2-slice toaster!

10. Fries1.3 lbs of food while using minal counter space!

11. Easy cleanup! All parts except heater control, basket and cabinet can be washed by hand or in dishwasher.

12. Qick recovery time so that you can fry up foods at a faster rate than with ordinary round mini deep fryers!

13. Oil heats uo very quickly! makes frying foods fun an a pleasure.

14. Easy-to-follow instruction manual.

15. Heating control has standby mode, 175 to 375 degrees and anything in between!

ANY SHORTCOMINGS AT ALL?

Short power cord. Cabinet gets really hot. Oil takes a while to cool down.

THE TECHNICAL STUFF:

1. Power Consumption: 1,500 watts.

2. Weight: 8 lbs.

3. 3-ft break-away power cord.

4. Made in China.

SAFETY FEATURES:

1. Safety interlock. Won't come on unless control panel is properly seated on back of cabinet.

2. Break-away cord. Designed to quickly disconnect from unit when a pulling force is applied.

3. Thermal overload protection. If unit heats up beyond recommended temp level, it will then automatically stop. To reset, unplug unit, lift control panel enough to view reset button. Poke hole and press red button with toothpick to reset & restore heating element back to operable status.

MY OWN EXPERIENCE SO FAR:

Sar far, this great little deep fryer is a godsend! It is exactly what i was looking for. It doesn't use a whole lot of oil like most deep fryers do. I love that it is quick, very responsive and powerful! It really Get's the Job Done!!

Plus it it made by a company that makes reliable products for the home.

WHAT ABOUT CLEANUP?

Cleanup is a snap! Somply wash iol reservoir and lid by hand or in the dishwasher. heating element can be wiped with a soapy sponge and then rewiped with a clean water sponge.

There was some sticky caked-on oil in the exposed part of the heater. I just lightly sprayed a little Dawn Power Plus on my fingers, smeared it on that part of the heater, waited for 15 minutes, wiped it off and it was clean again!

If you don't do this, in time, the oil will build up, cake up, brown and it will eventually carbonize (burn), making it even harder to remove.

IN SHORT:

This unit makes quick work of most of your deep frying needs! You'll never have to worry about the performance of this mini deep fryer! It beats the others hands down!

FINAL THOUGHT?

If you're looking for a mini deep fryer that performs just like the larger ones, and you want great reliability, get this unit. You'll be glad that you did!!

WHERE TO BUY THEM?

I got this unit from Chefscatalog.com. But you can also get it at Amazon.com, Bed Bath & Beyond, Target, Kmart, Kohl's, Macy's and other fine stores.

Thank you for reading this review.

~Daquan.

Waring DF55 Professional Mini 1-2/7-Pound-Capacity Stainless-Steel Deep Fryer
1500watt, 1.3 lb. food capacity, adjustable heat, power and ready indicator, Heavy mesh frying basket; staycool handles; dishwashersafe parts, 2 qt. r...
This deep fryer features a 1500-watt, immersion-style heating element for fast cook times and a 1.3 lb. food capacity so you can easily cook for large...
Beach Camera.com

NEW! Waring DF55 Professional Mini 1-2/7-Pound-Capacity Stainless-Steel Deep Fryer PRODUCT DESCRIPTION Enjoy restaurant-quality fried food at home--wi...
Waring DF55 Professional Mini 1-2/7-Pound-Capacity Stainless-Steel Deep Fryer , New, Free Shipping Waring has been making products for commercial kitc...
Shop for Deep Fryers from Hayneedle.com! Add style and function to your kitchen with the Waring Pro DF55 Professional Deep Fryer. The attractive brush...
Hayneedle