Waring Pro PBB201 2-Speeds Blender Reviews

Waring Pro PBB201 2-Speeds Blender

Free Shipping Belk
Free Shipping Walmart.com

Waring PBB --- Built like it should be!

Apr 4, 2008 (Updated Apr 4, 2008)

Pros:Durable, functional, simple and heavy.

Cons:More expensive, simple and heavy.

The Bottom Line: This is like buying a piece of functional art. It'll outlive your grandchildren.

I've read about how great the Professional Bar Blender (PBB) that Waring makes, but I'll share my experience.

In the 20-30's Fred Waring was a very successful musician and big band leader. Had been a Architecture/Engineering student at Penn State. When one of the founders of Hamilton Beach brought the idea of a blender to him, he invested $25,000 in this new upstart concern. Soon he realized the original designer had gone as far as he could with his design and hired a new designer to perfect what would become the Waring Blender. You see, Fred had ulcers and the doctors recommended eating ground vegetables to aid in his digestion.

About 25 years ago, my wife had her jaw broken to correct an "off-bite". After the doctor wired her mouth shut, I went searching for a method to feed her through a straw. The Waring PBB Blender was the obvious choice.

At the time, my brother was a bartender at a series of bars and I noticed that every bar had a Waring blender. Not only that name, but the PBB. It might be Chrome, grey, black,... but it was always a Waring PBB. They all had a single toggle switch, some single speed, some dual, but always a basic design. After speaking with my brother and other bartenders, I discovered that everyone the used the blender said they use it 10 to 100s of time per night and not one could ever remember a time when the blender failed! Collectively, I'm guessing my non-scientific poll took into consideration hundreds of thousands of uses, of blenders that often were older than the bartenders. What a track record!

We picked up our basic unit in 1982, grey with the standard 40 oz. cloverleaf pitcher. The rest is history, we've got four sons and made countless ice cream, juice, non-alcoholic and other drinks without a single problem. I've chipped the thick walled pitcher once about 10 years ago, and the smooth finish of the glass is now smokey because we've washed it in the dishwasher about 20,000 times, REALLY!

It was expensive when I picked it up in 1982, but I can't complain because I have little else that I owned back then that still works as well as the day I purchased it.

Product Description The name Waring is synonymous with quality blenders. Crushing ice? No problem. Featuring a heavy duty metal base and the legendary...

Waring Pro Food & Beverage Blender - Quite White PBB201. Turn to Waring to blend like the pros! The Waring Pro Food & Beverage Blender features a comm...
Belk