Comments on Water For Elephants: A Beautiful Love Story" (7 total)
  Comment Sorted by
Date Written
Re: Re: Awww...
by ifif1938
Just picked the book up yesterday and started it last night..so far so good..;)

cheers and thanks again
B
Oct 23, 2008
12:38 pm PDT

Re: Re: Re: Re: Awesome book.
by ifif1938
aww you are so sweet...to tell you the truth the circus today doesn't campare to what it was way back then. It's way to clean..:)

I came back to tell you I found the book in my library and requested a large print for these old eyes...LOL

Thanks again...B
5:46 pm PDT

Re: Awww...
by lyoness913
This is a really touching book! Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you enjoy it!

12:10 pm PDT

Re: Re: Re: Awesome book.
by lyoness913
You know, I hadn't been to the circus until my children were young and my hubby took us all. I am so jealous that you got to go behind the scenes! LOL

Thanks for stopping by. I always enjoy seeing you on this site!

12:10 pm PDT

Re: Re: Awesome book.
by ifif1938
I would love this book, when I was very little my uncle used to work with the circus and traveled with them, its a long story but he invented the machine that sews names on hats you used to be able to buy at the circus and later, Disneyland, anyway, he used to bring me to the circus when it came to New York and was performed in tents, my best memories are going with him and then behind the scenes to get up close and personal with the elephants and other animals...I also met a few of the sideshow people, who were quite strange...;)

Many thanks for the great review
hugs
B
12:06 pm PDT

Re: Awesome book.
by lyoness913
I would have to agree, this book would appeal to so many people.

Thanks for coming by and thanks for commenting!

11:12 am PDT

Awesome book.
by rmurray847
This was a wonderful book, and I can't imagine someone being put off by the circus setting.

My wife and I both devoured it, and we've since gifted copies to my parents (mid-60s), friends (40s) and even teenagers. ALL have loved it.
10:24 am PDT