Watts FloodSafe 3/4 in. x 3/4 in. x 72 in. Stainless Steel Washing Machine Auto Shut Off Connectors - FSE2W72 Reviews

ratings (2 Epinions reviews)

Floodsafe Stainless Steel Washing Machine Hoses with Auto Shut-Off

Dec 31, 2011

Pros:They seem to do the job.

they have never failed me.

stainless looks good

Cons:nothing to note

The Bottom Line: Installing FloodSafe hoses is easy. The stainless steel looks great. Most important they give a sense of comfort and insurance against a major flood problem from my washer.

FloodSafe hoses are good insurance against a major water problem. If I used them like I did the first time, I probably wouldn't be writing this review.

I popped a leak in an feed hose that went to the back of my washing machine. I had to get a replacement. I found a pair of FloodSafe Washing machine hoses made by the Watts company. The Watts company supplies many retail stores and big box stores with their plumbing products. I've used them before and it was silly of me not to get them again. More later.

These Floodsafe hoses are 72" long, probably overkill in length but truth be told, I like the extra slack the extra foot gave me. There was less pull on the hose during set-up even though I have a foot or more than needed for regular use.

These are stainless steel too so no rust will build.

The biggest selling point of this double pack hose kit is that they are "floodSafe." What Watts means is that if there is a failure in the hose, whether a rupture or broken line an automatic shut off will stop any more water from flooding the area.

These install just like a regular washing machine hose that is 3/4" hose size on both ends.  Care must be taken to apply the correct end to the water feed. That's the part with the automatic sensor. It is clearly marked.

WARNING!! Once on and ready to turn the water on, do it slowly. If done suddenly the act could cause the sensor to react to a sudden flow of water and shut it down. That could be an inconvenience. If it happens the water must be turned off again and the hose taken off the water source valve. That action reopens the auto shut-off in the hose.

Fortunately that has never happened to me. Even more fortunate, These hoses have never failed on me. The only tool I used were slip joint pliers. The directions are sure to mention to hand tight and then turn just a 1/4 turn only!Do NOT overtighten. I found it easy to install the hoses. Yes, even though just one hose burst this "sharp" dude decided to change both hoses. That's how they come packaged anyway.

pops Take

I have had Watts Flood-safe hoses before. I believe those were six foot. I used them as extra protection against water damage when I installed a laundry room upstairs next to our bedroom. That room was directly above my kitchen. I didn't want any damage coming through the ceiling even though I did have a tub like drain under the washer in case of a water leak. That said, one never knows which way a hose will spray when ruptured.

When we needed more living space upstairs we brought the washer and dryer back to the basement. I used new hoses to replace the older floodSafe hoses but didn't do it with new floodSafe hoses thinking that not much damage would occur  in the basement. Wrong! I had four inches of water!

These hoses cost me $40 with tax at the Home Depot. I wish I did that when I purchased the rubber reinforced hoses that went on me.

These hoses are double the price of regular hoses but are a sentry against serious problems. I don't mind paying for that insurance.  Being stainless steel these also look good and will not tarnish or rust.

I can recommend Watts FloodSafe stainless steel hoses.

Floodsafe Toilet Connectors By Watts Water Technologies

Floodsafe Toilet Connectors By Watts Water Technologies

3/8X7/8X20 Tlt Connector: Toilet Connector Floodsafe
Floodsafe Dishwasher Supply Line Braided, Stainless Steel 3/8

Floodsafe Dishwasher Supply Line Braided, Stainless Steel 3/8

Floodsafe Dishwasher Supply Line Braided, Stainless Steel 3/8 FLOODSAFE DISHWASHER SUPPLY LINE *Contains one 3/8 compression x 3/8 MIP elbow for dishw...

Floodsafe 3/8' Dishwasher Stainless Steel Hose 60

Floodsafe 3/8' Dishwasher Stainless Steel Hose 60

temecularestore Store FLOODSAFE 3/8' DISHWASHER STAINLESS STEEL HOSE 60 Floodsafe #SCC60-66EPB 60 STAINLESS STEEL Dishwasher hose 3/8 OD shutoff x 3/8...

Floodsafe Dishwasher Connector By Watts Water Technologies

72 Dishwasher Connector: Dishwasher Connector Braided Steel Stainless Stl Floodsafe
Floodsafe Faucet Supply Line < 0.25 % Lead Stainless Steel 1/2

Floodsafe Toilet Connector Stainless Steel 3/8

Floodsafe Toilet Connector Stainless Steel 3/8 FLOODSAFE TOILET CONNECTOR *3/8Comp x 7/8Ballcock x12 *Automatically shuts off the flow of water due to...

Floodsafe Lavatory Connectors By Watts Water Technologies

Floodsafe Lavatory Connectors By Watts Water Technologies

3/8X1/2X16 Fct Connector: Connector Lavatory Low Lead Floodsafe

Floodsafe Toilet Connector Stainless Steel 3/8

Floodsafe Toilet Connector Stainless Steel 3/8 FLOODSAFE TOILET CONNECTOR *3/8 FIP x 7/8 Ballcock x12 *Automatically shuts off the flow of water due t...

Floodsafe Dishwasher Connector By Watts Water Technologies

60 Dishwasher Connector: Dishwasher Connector Braided Steel Stainless Stl Floodsafe
Watts Floodsafe Auto-shutoff Connector 12'' Fst12

Watts Floodsafe Auto-shutoff Connector 12'' Fst12

THANK YOU for stopping by viewing our auction! Watts FloodSafe Auto-Shutoff Connector 12'' FST12 NOTE: Look at the pictures, these are of the actual i...