WearEver Pure Living Nonstick Ceramic Cookware 10-piece Set - C944SA64 Reviews

WearEver Pure Living Nonstick Ceramic Cookware 10-piece Set - C944SA64

ratings (1 Epinions review)

Excellent Ceramic Nonstick Cookware from WearEver Pure Living

May 28, 2013

Pros:variety of cookware, ceramic nonstick interior, silicon handles on pots and lids, easy to clean

Cons:read the fine print regarding cooking temperatures and washing (mentioned in my review)

The Bottom Line: I enjoy using this WearEver Pure Living Nonstick Ceramic Cookware Set.  I feel I’m cooking smarter and healthier by using it.

For years I have been a fan of T-Fal nonstick cookware.  However, I’m not happy when the nonstick surface begins to peel.  Lately, I’ve also been striving to cook healthier and looking for nonstick cookware alternatives.  After researching cookware options, I decided to buy this WearEver Pure Living Nonstick Ceramic Cookware 10-piece set (model # C944SA64).

Description

This WearEver Nonstick Ceramic Cookware set consists of one each of the following:

5 Quart Covered Dutch Oven
3.5 Quart Covered Skillet
3 Quart Covered Sauce Pan
10.5 Inch Saute Pan
8 Inch Saute Pan
Nylon Spatula
Nylon Cooking Spoon

The manufacturer says this cookware is PFOA free and cadmium free.  It is also advertised as having an easy release ceramic finish.  The pots and pans have an aluminum core with a hard ceramic base.  Each piece of cookware has riveted cool-touch silicone handles on both the pot/pan and on the glass lids.  The lids also feature a circular hole that acts as a steam vent.  I bought this cookware in the Champagne finish, which is a gold-beige tone that has a white ceramic interior.  The manufacturer states the cookware is scratch and stain resistant.

Reading a description of this cookware and then reading the instructions that came with it reveal some conflicting information.  The cookware is advertised as being heat-resistant up to 750-degrees F.  However, the brief instruction pamphlet says that with the silicone handles, it is oven-safe up to 350-degrees F.  This cookware can be used on electric, gas, ceramic, or glass stovetops.

Read the instructions for full care and instructions.  A caution states not to subject the cookware to extreme heating or cooling.  It is recommended not to submerge a hot pot or pan in water or to pour cold liquid into the hot ceramic cookware.  Also, do not let any piece of the cookware become heated while dry on the stovetop (ex: if the liquid boiled out during cooking).  Also suggested is to handle the pots and pans gently in order to avoid chipping and/or scratching of the ceramic.

When I purchased the cookware, I didn’t realize the manufacturer states to use only low to medium heat settings for cooking.  Apparently, a high heat setting can damage the cookware and will void the warranty.  (Before this cookware, I had never been restricted to heat settings.)

Even though the packaging says it is dishwasher safe … any damage due to dishwasher cleaning is not covered by the warranty.  The instructions mention to hand-wash the cookware with hot sudsy water.  The pans can be soaked for several hours to loosen any stubborn cooking residue.  Always use a soft sponge or cloth for washing.

Suggested storage is to hang ceramic pots and pans.  I store mine in a dedicated cabinet and am careful how I place the pieces to avoid chipping and scratching.  I actually saved some of the cardboard spacers from the original packaging to separate the pans in the cabinet.

My Experiences

This WearEver ceramic cookware has been a joy to use.  I bought the champagne color, which is a light gold/tan tone with a white interior.  At first I was nervous about the white inside the pan.  I thought that it would attract every stain possible and not clean well.  I’m delighted to report I was wrong.  This cookware is breeze to clean with warm soapy water and a soft sponge.  Tomato sauce based foods have left no stains.  Cooking carrots has also not stained the pots, and lately the carrots from the market have been loaded with orange coloring which stains my hands … but not the ceramic pot.

The silicone handles are a nice feature.  They are comfortable and easy to grasp and hold.  I don’t need pot holders as long as I grasp the silicone handle.  It is great that the lids also have silicone handles.  The Dutch oven has three handles: one on each side of the pot, and one on the lid.  The skillet and sauce pan have one handle on the pot and also one on the lid.  Unfortunately the two saute / frying pans do not come with lids.

Cooking is easy with this ceramic cookware.  Since I’m limited to using low to medium heat, sometimes the pans take a bit longer to heat than if using another pan that can handle high temperatures.  However, these ceramic pans evenly heat and do a great job cooking.  I also don’t have issues with food sticking.

One thing this set did not come with is a larger saute / fry pan.  I separately bought the Ceramic WearEver 12-inch Saute / Fry Pan, which matches this set.  I’m glad I did since I use it a lot.  One other addition I would make to this set is to include a smaller sauce pan.  The large sauce pan, while great, is too big to cook small quantities.

The two nylon cooking tools that came with the set are a nice touch, but I would trade them for more pan lids.  The spatula has a curved front edge.  I mention this because most of my spatulas have a straight edge.  The cooking spoon has a deep bowl and the handle is angled so that the spoon isn’t completely horizontal.  I don’t have a cooking spoon with an angled handled, and I like it.  The cooking tool I use most with these pans is the Pampered Chef Mix ‘n Scraper.  It has a silicone head that works great with this ceramic cookware.

Purchasing

Regular price is $149.99.  I bought it from Amazon.com for $80.84.  The package arrived inside a sturdy outer shipping carton.  The inside WearEver box contained all the cookware pieces, and they were incredibly well packaged and protected.

Summary

This WearEver Pure Living Ceramic Cookware is a terrific purchase.  I’m very pleased.  I feel I am cooking healthier, and these pans are easy to use and care for.  I’ll stay alert for any companion pieces that WearEver may offer for purchase.
I hope you found this review useful.

Enjoy the day,
Dawn

Please read my other reviews:

Ceramic WearEver 12-inch Saute / Fry Pand

Maytag Gemini Double Oven Range

Copyright 2013 Dawn L. Stewart

Wearever C943sf63 Pure Living Nonstick Scratch-resistant Durable Ceramic

Wearever C943sf63 Pure Living Nonstick Scratch-resistant Durable Ceramic

WearEver C943SF63 Pure Living Nonstick Scratch-Resistant Durable Ceramic Coating Healthy PTFE-PFOA-Cadmium Free Dishwasher Safe Oven Safe Cookware Set...

WearEver Pure Living Nonstick Ceramic Coating PTFE-PFOA-Cadmium Free Dishwasher Safe Cookware Set

Product Details Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging PTFE-Free, PFOA-Free, Cadmium-Free, Recyclable Superior stain resistance, Superior scrat...
Wearever C9442464 Pure Living Nonstick Scratch-resistant Durable Ceramic Coating

WearEver C9442464 Pure Living Nonstick Scratch-Resistant Durable Ceramic Coating , New, Free Shipping WearEver C9442464 Pure Living Nonstick Ceramic C...

WearEver Pure Living Ceramic 12 Sauté Pan - Red

WearEver Pure Living Ceramic 12 Sauté Pan - Red

Find cookware, open stock and sets at Target.com! Wearever pure living nonstick red 12-inch saute/fry pan with soft touch and ergonomic silicone rivet...

Wearever C944s264 Pure Living Nonstick Scratch-resistant Durable Ceramic

Wearever C944s264 Pure Living Nonstick Scratch-resistant Durable Ceramic

WearEver C944S264 Pure Living Nonstick Scratch-Resistant Durable Ceramic Coating Healthy PTFE-PFOA-Cadmium Free Dishwasher Safe Oven Safe Saute Pan / ...

WearEver C944SA64 Pure Living Cookware Set Nonstick Ceramic Coating PTFE-PFOA-Cadmium Free Dishwasher Safe, 10-Piece, Gold - Coo

WearEver C944SA64 Pure Living Cookware Set Nonstick Ceramic Coating PTFE-PFOA-Cadmium Free Dishwasher Safe, 10-Piece, Gold - WearEver Pure Living Nons...
Wearever C9430764 Pure Living Nonstick Scratch-resistant Durable Ceramic Coating

WearEver C9430764 Pure Living Nonstick Scratch-Resistant Durable Ceramic Coating Healthy PTFE-PFOA-Cadmium Free Dishwasher Safe Oven Safe Saute Pan / ...

WearEver Pure Living Ceramic 12 Sauté Pan - Champagne

WearEver Pure Living Ceramic 12 Sauté Pan - Champagne

Find cookware, open stock and sets at Target.com! Wearever pure living nonstick champagne 12-inch saute/fry pan with soft touch and ergonomic silicone...

WearEver C9430764 Pure Living Nonstick Ceramic Coating PTFE-PFOA-Cadmium Free Dishwasher Safe 12-Inch Saute Pan/Fry Pan Cookware

WearEver Pure Living Nonstick Scratch Resistant Ceramic Coating PTFE-Free, PFOA-Free, Cadmium-Free Cookware is durable, recyclable, and high temperatu...
    Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7    Next >>