Weber-Stephen Products One Touch Silver Grill Reviews

Weber-Stephen Products One Touch Silver Grill

Weber One-Touch Silver 18.5 Charcoal Grill – Nothing Beats a Weber!

Jul 17, 2003

Pros:Simple to use, good airflow, grills evenly, great tasting barbeque

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: If you want a charcoal grill no other grill compares to a Weber. I highly recommend this.

When we were young and just starting out in our married life, we lived in an apartment having only a small balcony. The latest fad for apartment dwellers back then were the Hibachi's which were cast iron and sat a few inches up from the ground. They were very portable due to their small size and easy to take to the beach to barbeque.

As life moved on, we bought our first home. Money was tight and we bought the cheapest waist high grill we could find. It was black and square and turned into a total rust bucket quickly.

As pay raises came along, we took the plunge and bought our first Weber Charcoal Grill. Grilling became a delight for my husband, as the taste of the meats was heavenly! The use of the charcoal scare did not bother us as we only grilled once a week and the experts always keep changing their stats on what is good for you and what is not. I remember for a while charcoal was good for you since it "cleaned out the toxins in your body". Water filters had charcoal in them. Who knows?

All we know is nothing beats the taste of grilling on a charcoal grill. We have gone to parties and had meats grilled on various brands of gas grills but the taste is not the same and husband of mine refused to even consider one after comparing tastes of charcoal grills versus gas grills. Barbequing is just not the same on a gas grill.

When we designed our latest home, my husband had always wanted a brick barbeque. So, this is what was designed into the side of our home next to our fireplace and we left our Weber at our last home.

Is he happy with his new brick charcoal grill? No! He started grilling less because the meat just wanted to burn with the cover on and not cook fast enough with the cover off. After 2 years of listening to this and his incessant insistence that he wanted his Weber and myself missing my barbeques during the summers, I surprised him with another Weber. The one I bought is the Weber One-Touch Silver 18.5 Charcoal Grill.

As I walked into the home with this huge box, he dropped what he was doing, and immediately had it assembled in 15 minutes and out on the deck. Of course, I started preparing the steaks for him to grill and dinner was scrumptious! We soaked hickory wood chips in water and threw them on top of the coals before adding the meat for extra flavor.

Grill Details

The grill offers 268 inches of cooking area. The height is 35 inches with depth of 20.5 inches. The weight is 24 lbs.

It is a tripod type with two rolling wheels for mobility.

The grill has a low profile cover and a deep bowl shape making it a very efficient design. Located in the center on the bottom of the grill are large holes for air circulation and where the ashes fall into the ash catching tray.

The lid is sturdy and offers adjustable air vents. The air vents on the vent is to control how much smoke to stay in the grill and the bottom holes control how much heat or fire you want within the grill.

The grill is large enough for 4 good size rib-eye steaks laid out all nice and juicy sizzling over the charcoal with the hickory wood chips.

With the Weber Charcoal Grill, it is portable enough to take with you on camping trips or to the beach. Try to do this with one of those huge gas grills that cost about as much as an inside cooking range.

Why Buy a Weber Charcoal Grill over a Weber Gas Grill?

1) Flavor, flavor and more flavor
2) Costs
3) Portability
4) Space
5) Try transporting a gas grill

Our Weber charcoal grill cost us $59. Gas grills start at around $400 and I seriously doubt they will last a lifetime without a problem to spend that type of money for less flavor. If I wanted the flavor of a non-charcoal grill, I would just use my Jenn-Air grill on my range.

Nothing beats grilling over charcoal, especially with a Weber. I cannot express this enough that a Weber is the best grill for durability and flavor of meats out of all the grills offered.

Our last grill lasted for over 15 years and was still fine when we left it. It paid for itself over and over again. This one, I am sure, will do the same.

Warranty

Weber offers a 10 years defect warranty on the bowl and lid against rust through or burn through, 10 years on the handles and 1 year on the cooking grates and charcoal grates and 5 years on the remaining parts.

Weber One Touch Silver Charcoal Grill - (18.5'')

Weber One Touch Silver Charcoal Grill - (18.5'')

Find grills, smokers and fryers at Target.com! The weber one-touch silver charcoal grill has a generous, 18.5-inch-diameter cooking area. It has a ste...

Weber One Touch Gold 26.75 Inch Charcoal Grill - 781001

Shop for Grills from Hayneedle.com! Fire it up! We've decked it out with a hinged cooking grate and a high-capacity ash catcher so indirect grilling i...
Hayneedle

Weber Grill. One-Touch Silver 18-1/2 in. Charcoal Kettle Grill in Black

Weber Grill. One-Touch Silver 18-1/2 in. Charcoal Kettle Grill in Black

Shop for Grills & Grill Accessories at The Home Depot. The Weber One-Touch Silver Charcoal Kettle Grill is designed to help provide long-lasting outdo...
Home Depot

Weber One Touch Gold 22.5 Inch Charcoal Grill

Weber One Touch Gold 22.5 Inch Charcoal Grill

Review Weber's One-Touch Gold kettle grill is a great buy for anyone looking for a classic model with a few convenient extras. The design is sleek. Th...
Weber 18.5 Silver One-Touch Black Charcoal Grill - 441001

Weber 18.5 Silver One-Touch Black Charcoal Grill - 441001

Aluminized Steel One-Touch Cleaning System/ No-Rust Aluminum Vent And Ash Catcher/ Triple-Nikel-Plated Cooking Grate/ Black Finish/ Assembly Required
Abt Electronics

Hayneedle

Weber One Touch Silver Charcoal Grill - (22.5'')

Weber One Touch Silver Charcoal Grill - (22.5'')

Find grills, smokers and fryers at Target.com! Grill up your favorite recipes for the next outdoor party with the weber 1-touch charcoal grill. It's 2...

Weber 22-1/2 One-touch Gold Charcoal Kettle Black,

Weber 22-1/2 One-touch Gold Charcoal Kettle Black,

emartcs Store WEBER 22-1/2 One-Touch Gold Charcoal Kettle Black, New Must Read Store Policies Before Purchase From About ME Pages. WEBER: WEBER 22-1/2...