Weber Genesis Silver and Genesis Premium Gas Barbecue Cover

Why Buy The Grill If You Can't Protect It?

Jan 30, 2006 (Updated Jan 31, 2006)

Pros:Stays on my grill. Heavy and durable. Has vents to stop rust and moisture buildup.

Cons:Water puddles on it at times. Not cheap, but well worth the money.

The Bottom Line: Protect your Weber grill the best way possible with this cover. It is specially designed to fit the grill and stay on. This is one great product.

I’ve been around the block with grills and grill covers for about 20 years. My first real grill was a cheap Sears model that only lasted a few years. I did buy a cover for this grill, but it was a generic cover that would fly off every time the wind would blow. Nice protection Huh? Even years later my grill purchases were always accompanied by grill covers, but I never felt comfortable enough to let my grill outside during the winter. Fast forward to the early part of last year when I needed another grill and I bought a wonderful Weber Genesis Silver B for around $450. This grill totally amazed me with its heating ability and wonderful features. Again I had thoughts of storing this grill during the winter months, but soon I learned that this grill was not going to get the usual winter rest. My love for grilling and the ability of this grill to heat properly even on the coldest days made me decide to keep this cooking device handy at all times. Now on to the problem of protecting it from the cold weather, snow and freezing rains of the Northeast, how could I make sure that my money was not waste? Looking around a bit on the Weber website; I found out that Weber made form-fitting covers that were not only heavy-duty, but would allow me to keep my Weber right on the deck for easy access. The Weber Genesis Silver and Genesis Premium Gas Barbecue Cover #9857 was worth its weight in gold.

Covering My Wonderful Grill.
This grill cover needed to be heavy, specifically designed and most of all stay put on the grill. The cover is made of very heavy vinyl, but still has two vents that run along the front and back of the grill for ventilation. The vents stop moisture from building up under the cover which would in turn cause rust or mildew. Covering the full width and length of the grill is easily done, because this cover is specially designed and made for this particular grill. The cover actually hangs about 2-3 inches off of the ground only allowing the part of the wheels to show when it is in place. There is a Velcro strap on each side of the cover near the bottom so that you can pull the cover tight at the bottom. These straps leave no way for the cover to lift or completely come off of the grill. After about one year of use, this cover has never failed to stay on and protect my grill.

What’s Not To Like?
This grill cover totally amazed me by staying on the grill during some of the harshest and windy days of this winter. I remember at least three occasions when everything including my garbage can and several other items on my deck were scattered all over the yard, but the grill and cover stayed in place. The Northeast has seen its share of rain, snow, and very windy weather this year and it’s a wonderful testament to the great design and heavy construction that my grill is in perfect condition. Adding the vents and the Velcro straps to this cover was a great idea and has only helped this heavy-duty cover keep my grill clean, protected, and moisture free. The cover itself has not faded and still looks about like the day that I bought it so durability isn’t an issue.

A Thing Or Two To Remember.
Do not try to put this cover on the grill while it is still hot. I think that this is a no-brainer because you will not only ruin the cover, but probably damage or mar the grill. The cover is very well designed to fit the grill perfectly, but fastening the Velcro straps is an essential part of keeping the cover in place.

Two Minor Dislikes.
The first minor problem is price. This cover will cost you in the neighborhood of $45 to $55. Some people will say that it is overpriced, but I will tell you firsthand that you will not have to worry about protecting your $500 grill ever again. I’ll gladly pay for another one if this one wears out. Second little problem is water does puddle on the cover at a few spots. Again this is a minor problem and only comes into play if the water freezes. If that happens it would be advisable not to remove the cover, mainly because it could possibly be torn.

All in all; I can’t rave enough about my grill and this grill cover. Spending around $450 for this grill was a bargain and protecting it for $45 was an easy choice. I expect this grill cover to be protecting my grill for a long time. The fact that I am now comfortable allow my grill to stay on the deck with this cover speaks for itself. If you have a Weber Genesis Silver B, Genesis 1000, Spirit 700 or 900 buy one of these covers as soon as possible.

My Weber Genesis Silver B Review:

Thanks For Checking Out My Reviews!!!
Steelfan

Weber 7552 Premium Cover, Fits Weber Genesis Silver/Gold Gas Grills

Heavy-duty vinyl cover protects Genesis Silver C, Genesis Gold B & C, Genesis 2000 - 5500 gas grills.
Weber Premium Grill Cover | Genesis Silver C, more | 7552

Weber Premium Grill Cover | Genesis Silver C, more | 7552

Fits Weber Models : Genesis Silver C Genesis Gold B & C (2002 & newer) 2005 Platinum B & C Genesis 2000 - 5500
The BBQ Depot

Weber Genesis S-330 Stainless Steel Gas Grill - Propane Multicolor - 6570001

Shop for Grills from Hayneedle.com! Steaks chops and wings will find a happy home on the Weber Genesis S-330 Gas Grill right on your patio or deck. Th...
Hayneedle

Weber 7552 Premium Black Cover Long Protects Genesis

Weber 7552 Premium Black Cover Long Protects Genesis

Weber, Premium Black, Cover, Long, Protects Genesis Silver C, Genesis Gold B C, Genesis 2000-5500 Gas Grills WEBER-STEPHEN PRODUCTS 7552

Weber Genesis S-330 Liquid Propane Stainless Steel Gas Grill - 6570001

Weber Genesis S-330 Liquid Propane Stainless Steel Gas Grill - 6570001

38,000 BTU Main Burner/ 12,000 BTU Side Burner/ 10,000 BTU Sear Station/ 3 Stainless Steel Burners/ 7mm Diameter Stainless Steel Rod Cooking Grates/ S...
Abt Electronics

Weber 7552 Premium Cover, Fits Weber Genesis Silver/Gold Gas Grills

Heavy-duty vinyl cover protects Genesis Silver C, Genesis Gold B and C, Genesis 2000 - 5500 gas grills.
Weber Genesis S-310 LP Gas Grill

Weber Genesis S-310 LP Gas Grill

Find grills, smokers and fryers at Target.com! Built of sleek stainless steel, the weber genesis s-310 lp grill has a sophisticated brushed-silver fin...

Weber Genesis S-330 Natural Gas Grill W/ Side Burner | 6670001

Weber Genesis S-330 Natural Gas Grill W/ Side Burner | 6670001

This item is a special order only and may take an additional 7-10 business days Weber Genesis S-330 Series Gas Grill So beautiful you'll hesitate to g...
The BBQ Depot