Weed Eater  FLSST25 FeatherLite Straight Shaft String Trimmer (FLITE2SST952711796) Reviews

+$9.65 shipping Kmart

Terrible

Aug 25, 2010

Pros:Relatively light; strong engine (when it runs)

Cons:Erratic performance; awful customer service

The Bottom Line: Poulan Pro and its parent company Husqvarna will never see another dime from me.

Avoid this product and any PoulanPro or Husqvarna product unless you enjoy hassles and want to be ignored by customer service. I purchased the product this spring and found that my brand new trimmer would only run for about a minute before cutting off. A call to the 800 number never yielded a live customer service rep and did not address this particular problem. Multiple queries to the website went unanswered for almost three weeks despite a guarantee to respond within 24 hours. When they did finally respond, it turns out the carburetor needed adjustment and I would need to bring it to an authorized dealer and pay to have it done myself. The address of the closest dealer turned out to be a private residence. Additional contact through the website and to the corporate office went unanswered despite another guarantee of response. The engine now runs but the string feeder often gets jammed and needs to be manually advanced. Do yourself a favor and buy a different brand. Any company that ignores its customers as aggressively as this one does is not worthing spending money on. I could understand a product that has some glitches but I cannot understand customer service like this.

Eliminate weeds with ease. This weedeater is light, and confortable to handle.
Kmart