Wella Color Charm Extra Mild Toner Liquid Creme Haircolor

Wella Color Charm Toners Eliminate Brassiness of a Bleach Job Gone Bad!

Dec 19, 2011

Pros:Easy to use.
Tones down brassiness.
Inexpensive

Cons:Comes in a 1.42 oz. bottle and can be used only once.

The Bottom Line: If you hair has been bleached or highlighted and the color is a little too "brassy" I highly recommend Wells Color Charm Toners.

I have dark brown hair that was highlighted to a platinum color for years.  This color worked great in hiding gray regrowth so that it blended well with the platinum color.

Background:

When I began interviewing for a new job, I felt the platinum highlights resembled gray hair and thought it would lessen my chances of obtaining a job at my age.  After serious consideration, I went back to my drab, dark brown hair color and consequently had to touch up my roots in three weeks and had to color my hair every 6 weeks or less.  The good news was I was hired for the job I wanted!

Since being diagnosed with NHL, I was concerned about the frequent coloring, even though the hair color industry claims the ingredients presently used in coloring do not contain carcinogens.

I decided to have my hair highlighted again, but not to the extreme color of platinum, but a soft blonde instead.  I walked out of the salon with canary yellow highlights!

I went to Sally’s Beauty Supply where I was sold Wella Color Charm Toner T-15.  The toner did tone down the yellow; however, my highlights were now the color of brass!  After a couple of days, I returned to Sally’s Beauty Supply and was sold the Wella Color Charm Toner  T-27 which I will review:

Description:

Wella Color Charm T-27
is the color Regal Beige.  It is a liquid, extra mild toner.

It is watery in consistency and dark brown in color.  It has a strong chemical scent.  The toner is packaged in a yellow and white box that has the Wella logo and the word “Color Charm” in red on the front of the box.  There is a cut out portion on the front of the box to reveal the name and color number written on the front of the Color Charm bottle.

The Wella Color Charm bottle is made of a dark brown plastic with a brown twist off cap.  The white label on the front of the bottle states the color name (Regal Beige) and the color number (T-27).  The number of the toner is boldly written on the bottle so it is easy to choose the correct color.

The label states the following warnings:

This product may cause skin irritation on certain individuals.  (Advises the user to perform a skin test according to package directions).

This product must not be used for dyeing the eyelashes or eyebrows.  To do so may cause blindness.

Wella Color Charm T-27
is to be mixed with a crème developer:  one part Wella Color Charm Toner to 2 parts 20 volume crème developer.

Wella Color Charm T-27
is gentle on hair and scalp and tones pre-lightened hair.  It does not, however, bleach the hair to a lighter shade.  It is available in many blonde shades including high fashion blonde shades.

Wella Color Charm Toners are made in Mexico.

My Experience:

A staff member of Sally’s Beauty Supply gave me expert advice on how to mix the toner with the crème developer.  She suggested I use a plastic applicator bottle with measurements on the outside to assure accurate amounts of each.  I poured 1 oz of Wella Color Charm Toner T-27 into the applicator and topped it with 2 oz of a 20 volume crème developer.  I placed my finger on the opening of the applicator bottle cap and shook the mixture well.

I then sprayed my dry hair with water from a squirt bottle, just enough to dampen the hair.  I donned latex gloves and carefully applied the mixture to my hair.  The directions on the box state to leave the mixture on your hair for up to 30 minutes; however the staff member at Sally’s Beauty Supply told me to leave it on for 5-10 minutes.  I compromised and left the mixture on my hair for approximately 20 minutes.  During this time, my hair appeared to be even more brassy than before, but after I rinsed out the toner, shampooed my hair, and blew it dry, the brassiness had nearly disappeared.  Some sections appeared to be more brassy than other sections which could have been due to my uneven application.

My Take:

Although the Wella Color Charm Toner T-27 toned down most of the brassiness, it is not expected bring up color as a bleach.  The color was acceptable, for I wasn’t expecting miracles.  I use a blue shampoo every other time I shampoo my hair to maintain the desired color, although the color looks the same to me.

The only con I have with Wella Color Charm Toners is that the bottles hold only 1.42 oz. of the toner.  It would be nice if each bottle contained 2 oz. of toner, for one bottle could be used twice.

Cost:

I paid approximately $3.00 for a 1.42 oz. bottle of Wella Color Charm Toner T-27 at Sally's Beauty Supply.

Thank you for reading my review.

Wella Color Charm Extra Mild Toner Liquid Creme Haircolor T27 Regal Beige - 4 Pk

WELLA Color Charm Extra Mild Toner Liquid Creme Haircolor T27 Regal Beige - 4 pk Description WELLA Color Charm Extra Mild Toner ~Liquid Creme Haircolo...

WELLA Color Charm - T18 White Lady 6-Pack

WELLA Color Charm - T18 White Lady 6-Pack

Features: Extra mild toner Gentle to the hair Tones pre-lightened hair evenly Professional Hair Toner
Wella Color Charm Toner T11 Royal Blonde 6pack

Wella Color Charm Permanent Liquid Hair Toner 1.42 Fl Oz .choose From Colors..

Wella Color Charm Permanent Liquid Hair Toner 1.42 Fl Oz .choose From Colors..

DESCRIPTION: WELLA Color Charm Toner are ideal to create pure double-process blonde hair color results.These Toner remove remaining brassfor perfect b...

Wella Hair Color Charm Baroness Beige T15 1.42 Fl. Oz

Wella Hair Color Charm Baroness Beige T15 1.42 Fl. Oz Wella Hair Color Charm Baroness Beige is extra mild toner liquid creme haircolor. Gentle to hair...

Wella Hair Color Charm Imperial Beige T35 1.42 Fl. Oz

Wella Hair Color Charm Imperial Beige T35 1.42 Fl. Oz Wella Hair Color Charm Imperial Beige is extra mild toner liquid creme haircolor. Gentle to hair...

Wella Hair Color Charm Baroness Beige T15 1.42 Fl. Oz

mybeautywarehouse Store Wella Hair Color Charm Baroness Beige T15 1.42 Fl. Oz Wella Hair Color Charm Baroness Beige is extra mild toner liquid creme h...

Wella Hair Color Charm Imperial Beige T35 1.42 Fl. Oz

mybeautywarehouse Store Wella Hair Color Charm Imperial Beige T35 1.42 Fl. Oz Wella Hair Color Charm Imperial Beige is extra mild toner liquid creme h...

Wella Color Charm T15  1.4 oz

Wella Color Charm T15 1.4 oz

Wella Color Charm Permanent Hair Color guaranteed gray hair coverage. Long lasting, rich color result.
Brighton Beauty Supply