Wellness Dry Dog Food Super5mix Chicken Reviews

Wellness Dry Dog Food Super5mix Chicken

Wellness Dry Dog Food Super5mix Chicken…Holistic Goodness!

Oct 29, 2008 (Updated Oct 30, 2008)

Pros:Holistic, Pet Appeal, organic

Cons:Pricey

The Bottom Line: Wellness is a surefire way to boost your dog's nutrition up a few levels and put a smile on his face!

Stop and consider just how much joy our dogs bring us. I have always had dogs around and they are very much a part of what constitutes the quality of life I enjoy and much like a child, I like to surprise them with treats from time to time. I like to change their diet from time to time with foods that I know they like such as Wellness Food Super5mix Chicken. The quickest way to a dog's heart is certainly through their stomach!

Super 5Mix is a holistic dog food that incorporates all natural foods that feature human grade ingredients, including grains, vegetables, fruit, vitamins, minerals and probiotic cultures. In fact the ingredient list is resplendent with some interesting ingredients, including the following ingredients with a brief explanation of their benefits:

•·        Apples - A great source of pectin
•·        Blueberries - Vitamin A,C Potassium, Fiber, Cartenoids, antioxidant, Flavor
•·        Carrots - Fiber, minerals, beta Carotene, antioxidant
•·        Chicken Meal - Protein and valuable fats which control urinary health
•·        Deboned Chicken -Free of growth hormone or steroids, a source of high protein and fatty acids
•·        Deboned Whitefish - High Proteins, Calcium, Phosphorous and Omega 6 Fatty Acids, essential for healthy skin and body function
•·        Ground Barley - Favors healthy digestion
•·        Ground Flaxseed - Rich in Omega 3 Fatty Acids for shiny coat and smooth digestion
•·        Ground Millet - High in fiber and B-complex, niacin, riboflavin and methione
•·        Natural Chicken Flavor - Provides Rich flavor for appeal
•·        Oatmeal - Protein, digestible carbohydrates and natural fibers
•·        Pomace - Solid remains of grapes supplements antioxidants
•·        Rice - Excellent source of magnesium, settle stomach and digestive tract
•·        Rice Bran - Includes both soluble and insoluble fiber
•·        Rye - Provides high quality carbohydrates for energy
•·        Spinach - Cartenoids, Beta Carotene, Lutein all phytochemicals with antioxidant properties
•·        Sweet Potatoes - Complex Carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals Beta Carotene, providing energy
•·        Tomato - Vitamin C & Limonene

Looking at this list, it is a bit strange at first taking a moment to take in but clearly illustrates just how different this product is. I am amazed at the scope of fruit and vegetables in this ingredient list. Some of the other essential ingredients include bone and joint health including Glucosomine and vitamins C, A, D-3, B-12, Green Tea extract, Garlic, Lactobacillus and a host of natural preservatives.

While all this may look good on paper the critical test is just how well received Wellness Super5mix Chicken is received by your dog. I have to say I have been using this kibble to supplement a host of other foods we use including a few from Nitro and Hills Science Diet and have to say that by far Wellness Super5mix Chicken is the favored of all the foods I have used so far! While one of our Golden's will eat anything, the other is extraordinarily picky, that is unless I drop a little Super5mix in with her food.  I like having some around for those times when they just don't seem to eat right or are a bit listless. I have to say they respond favorably. While it is difficult to establish whether their coats or bones or digestive system responds positively to Wellness Super5mix Chicken, that is hard to say since we have picked their foods carefully and made changes according to observations over time, and sadly, dogs passed to achieve what we feel is a good nutritional balance that offers all the benefits we can derive from the various foods we use. Wellness Super5mix Chicken certainly doesn't upset that balance and the pooches respond favorably to it!

The only drawback would be cost as a 30lb bag might be upwards around $40.00, not too far out of line from the more upscale, but not necessarily better, foods. Where I feel we benefit from Wellness Super5mix Chicken is offering our beloved Golden Retrievers a well balanced organic, healthy diet, free from pesticides and harmful manufacturing practices. That coupled with the fact they love Wellness Super5mix Chicken this one is a winner!

Wellness Complete Health Adult Lamb and Barley Recipe Dry Dog Food

Wellness Complete Health Adult Lamb and Barley Recipe Dry Dog Food

Lamb & Barley Recipe In our Lamb & Barley Recipe for Dogs, we use carefully chosen, authentic ingredients for everyday health. An optimal balance
PetFlow

Wellness Super 5 Mix Chicken Dry Dog Food ( 1x15lb)

Wellness Super 5 Mix Chicken Dry Dog Food ( 1x15lb)

Wellness Pet Products 1X 15Lb Super 5 Mix Chicken Dry Dog Food Holistically Formulated For The Complete Health Of Your Dog. Provides Whole-Body Nutrit...
Wellness Large Breed Complete Health Adult Dry Dog Food

Wellness Large Breed Complete Health Adult Dry Dog Food

Deboned Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe With grand scale and greater weight, your large breed dog has a unique physical composition that creates

Wellness Super5Mix Large Breed Adult Health Dog Food

Wellness Super5Mix Large Breed Adult Health Dog Food

Specially formulated for the unique nutritional needs of the large breed dog.Our formula is thoughtfully made with USDA fit for human consumption whol...
Petco

Wellness Small Breed Complete Health Adult Turkey and Oatmeal Recipe Dry Dog Food

Turkey & Oatmeal Recipe With mighty souls but little bodies, your small breed dog has a unique physical composition that creates special

Wellness Super5Mix Adult Healthy Weight Lamb, Salmon and Chicken Dog Food

Wellness Complete Health Healthy Weight Deboned Chicken & Peas Adult Dog FoodObesity is the most common nutrition-related health condition in dogs tod...

Wellness Super5Mix Complete Health Chicken Dog Food

Wellness Super5Mix Complete Health Chicken Dog Food

Our formula is thoughtfully made with USDA fit for human consumption whole foods including deboned chicken, oatmeal, carrots, spinach, sweet potatoes,...

Wellness Super5Mix Adult Healthy Weight Lamb, Salmon and Chicken Dog Food

Our formula is thoughtfully made with USDA fit for human consumption whole foods including deboned chicken, oatmeal, deboned whitefish, tomatoes, spin...

Wellness Super5Mix Just for Seniors Lamb, Salmon and Chicken Dog Food

Wellness Super5Mix Just for Seniors Lamb, Salmon and Chicken Dog Food

Wellness Complete Health Deboned Chicken & Barley Senior Dog FoodVeterinarians generally consider small dogs to be senior at about 12 years of age, wh...

Wellness Super5Mix Lamb, Barley and Salmon Complete Health Dog Food

Wellness Super5Mix Lamb, Barley and Salmon Complete Health Dog Food

Our formula is thoughtfully made with USDA fit for human consumption whole foods including New Zealand Lamb, barley, ground flaxseed, carrots, spinach...