Werner StepRight Step Stool 223-6 Reviews

Werner StepRight Step Stool 223-6

ratings (2 Epinions reviews)

Step right up!

Feb 2, 2008 (Updated Feb 2, 2008)

Pros:Sturdy, easy to open and close.

Cons:225 pound max capacity, expensive.

The Bottom Line: I love how handy this is around the house. Sure beats standing on a chair.

When we moved into our house we found the need for a step stool. We already had several step stools but we needed a taller one for one of the projects we were working on. I hate using aluminum ladders inside so we went out to find a taller step stool.

There were many different step ladders to choose from and each had its own unique feature. I got three step stools out in the middle of the main isle at the store and started walking up them. I felt like the three little bears. The first stool felt too flimsy. The second stool felt like the top step was too narrow. The last step stool was just right. Good thing too, I'm sure the management was getting nervous about their liability.

This step stool will hold a max weight of 225 pounds. That's the weight of you and whatever you are holding. The max reach is 9 feet.

The stool has three textured steps. There are large non-marking feet on the bottom. The stool doesn't move or sway when I stand on it. It feels very sturdy and stable to me. The handle can be used to steady yourself on the way up. Some step stools on the market have a shelf at the top to store things, like painting supplies. There is no platform for this stool which may be a drawback if painting is the purpose of the stool.

There is a comfortable hand grip on the middle of the bar. It does make it easier to move the stool because it doesn't slip out of my hand. The hand grip makes it easy to carry. We only have one so it has to be taken to whichever room it is needed in. It's no problem to carry it up the stairs. One drawback is when the stool is folded up and leaning against a wall the handle it does leave black scuff marks on the wall. The step stool comes in black or in lime. Lime may be a better choice for this reason.

I didn't think that we would get much use out of the ladder but it's actually used quite a bit. We use it to change light bulbs, change filters, change batteries in the smoke detectors, put items on the top shelves in the kitchen cabinets. We've also used it to hang blinds and other items on the wall. We've used it for painting. We also have stools with 1 step and 2 steps but this one seems to be used more. No matter what height is needed, this one works.

There is a button on the front and when it's pushed the ladder can fold. It doesn't take any effort to get it open or closed. There is a locking mechanism for safety. It is very thin so can be stored easily. I originally thought I didn't want a tall step stool like this to store however it's nice not to bend over. It also makes it easier to find in a closet and in some ways easier to store than small stools.

This runs between $53-$60. I thought it was expensive when we purchased it but I think it will last a long time and meets our needs for nearly every project that height is needed for. I'm glad we chose this one.

Werner 223-6 Stepright 225 Pound Duty Rating Type Ii Step Stool Steel, 3-foot

Werner 223-6 Stepright 225 Pound Duty Rating Type Ii Step Stool Steel, 3-foot

BRAND NEW Werner 223-6 StepRight 225-Pound Duty Rating Type II Step Stool Steel, 3-foot FAST SHIPPING! The 3' Werner folding steel utility step stool,...

Werner 223-6 Stepright 225-pound Duty Rating Type Ii Step Stool Steel,

Werner 223-6 Stepright 225-pound Duty Rating Type Ii Step Stool Steel,

NEW Werner 223-6 StepRight 225-Pound Duty Rating Type II Step Stool Steel, Features Sold Individually Color: Silver And Black ? See more product detai...