Weruva Paw Lickin' Chicken with gravy and chicken canned cat food 5.5oz cans Reviews

Weruva Paw Lickin' Chicken with gravy and chicken canned cat food 5.5oz cans

ratings (2 Epinions reviews)

Weruva Paw Lickin' Chicken Canned Cat Food - Simple complete food

Nov 11, 2011

Pros:simple ingredients, high protein, includes supplements, affordable

Cons:could skip the potato starch

The Bottom Line: Weruva Paw Lickin' Chicken Canned Cat Food is working out great for our cat.

I found Weruva Paw Lickin' Chicken while researching foods for my cat Tinkerbelle, who has a bunch of health issues. His health problems include IBD, An inflammatory condition in his bladder called FLUTD, and a Chronic form of the Feline Herpes Virus. Because of this I am always doing a dance with his diet to keep his tummy happy while keeping his weight down and also keeping him hydrated.

We had been running along smoothly and he seemed to be doing great when he started having bladder issues. I took him to the vet and we found out that he had gained a bit of weight on the dry food and besides that maybe the dry food was not the best for his bladder so I had to change gears.

I had been feeding him Merrick Before Grain Chicken Canned Cat Food, and Fancy Feast Appetizers in a variety of flavors and the dry food which I measured out at night. The vet suggested we try to cut out the dry food so I increased the other two foods. He started losing weight which I monitor now on my new scale

The fancy feast appetizers which I liked were a bit pricey so when I found the Paw Lickin Chicken and noticed that it has supplements added that the fancy feast does not have, I decided to add it to the mix.

Description of Food

Weruva Paw Lickin' Chicken is little shreds of chicken in a gravy that is thickened with potato starch. I doubt if it is much potato, because it is really not all that thick. It has a lot of water in it, which is great for my cat's bladder issues. The chicken appears to be white meat and is large enough for the cat to have to chew a little, but small enough that a cat on a soft diet should not have a problem eating it.

The Weruva Paw Lickin Chicken is a complete food with supplements for your cats optimum health

How Well Tinkerbelle Likes the Food

Tinkerbelle gives Weruva Paw Lickin Chicken All Paws Up! He slurped it up and that was that. It also did not cause any throwing up or loose stools so from his point of view it's all good. I think I might try some other varieties of this brand for my cat over time.

My feelings about how good I think this is for my Cat

I was happy to find a simple food for my cat containing just the chicken and potato starch. I would have preferred that they left the potato starch out of the can since it has no nutritional value, and frankly I doubt whether my cat would care if it was a thinner broth.

I do like that they have included supplements so I do not have to worry about him being without the supplements but still give him extra higher protein food.

What I thought of it compared to Fancy Feast Appetizers

I bought this to take the place of the Fancy Feast Appetizers chicken variety. They both have pro's and cons. The Fancy Feast did not have supplements, but they also did not have the potato starch. I was willing to do the trade off though since I think the starch is minimal. Plus the fancy feast uses guar gum and xanthum gum and frankly I am not sure if that is any better than potato starch. At least I know what a potato is. Another big plus is the price difference. A 2oz container of the fancy feast is about $1.25 where I can get a 5.5oz can of Weruva for just a little more when purchased by the case. I will still buy some of the fancy feast appetizers but not as much as I was.

Ingredients and Nutritional Info

I always like to provide nutritional data for pet foods because to me this is an important part of my decision making process. Please be aware that I am posting what is on my cans of food, but pet food companies change things from time to time so before purchasing, double check to make sure that the ingredients are still the same and ok for your pet.

I found it interesting that Weruva lists Guaranteed Analysis and then Average Analysis. I guess they have to just say it's min or max levels on certain things in the guaranteed analysis but in some ways this food surpasses this. For me this was important because the calorie count is higher in the average count. Since weight is a big deal for us I was really glad that they made this clear. I am weighing Tinkerbelle regularly to make sure he is still losing very slowly.

Ingredients: Chicken (Boneless, Skinless, White Breast), Water Sufficient For Processing, Potato Starch, Sunflower Seed Oil, Dicalcium Phosphate, Xanthan Gum, Choline Chloride, Taurine, Vitamin E Supplement, Zinc Sulfate, Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Nicotinic Acid (Vitamin B3), Ferrous Sulfate, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Supplement, Potassium Iodide, Manganese Sulfate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Copper Sulfate, Riboflavin Supplement (Vitamin B2), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Folic Acid, Vitamin B12 Supplement.

Guaranteed Analysis: Crude Protein (min) 10%, Crude Fat (min) 1.4%, Crude Fiber (max) 0.5%, Moisture (max) 85%, Ash (max) 1.2%, Taurine (min) 0.05%, Calcium (max) 0.20%, Phosphorus (max) 0.17%, Magnesium (max) 0.018% Calories: 3.0oz Can 46, 5.5oz Can 84

Average Analysis
: Crude Protein 12%, Crude Fat 1.7%, Crude Fiber 0.06%, Moisture 79%, Ash 0.74%, Phosphorus 0.14% Calories: 3.0oz Can 59, 5.5oz Can 108

Thanks for reading my review

If you have questions or comments please feel free to leave them in the comments section

:-)

Becky

Weruva Paw Lickin' Chicken in Gravy Canned Dog Food, 14-oz can, case of 12

Weruva Paw Lickin' Chicken in Gravy Canned Dog Food, 14-oz can, case of 12

Weruva Paw Lickin' Chicken in Gravy Canned Dog Food, 14-oz can, case of 12; Weruva is a line of luxurious natural and grain free pet foods. Made in a ...

Weruva Paw Lickin Chicken

Weruva Paw Lickin Chicken

Weruva Paw Lickin Chicken Chicken in Gravy Recipe for Cats

Weruva Paw Lickin Chicken Canned Dog Food 12/14-oz cans-

Weruva Paw Lickin Chicken Canned Dog Food 12/14-oz cans-

Weruva Paw Lickin Chicken Canned Dog Food is just what it says paw-licking good. More than that this healthy food for dogs is full of shredded whit...
PetFoodDirect
Weruva Paw Lickin' Chicken Canned Cat Food - 10 oz.

Weruva Paw Lickin' Chicken Canned Cat Food - 10 oz.

Weruva Paw Lickin' Chicken is a delicious canned food made with grain free ingredients providing cats a healthy, nutritious diet. It is a simple recip...
PetSolutions

Weruva Paw Lickin' Chicken Canned Cat Food 24/3-oz cans

Weruva Paw Lickin' Chicken Canned Cat Food 24/3-oz cans

Give your cat an order of chicken breast, hold the veggies and hold the grains! Weruva Paw Lickin' Chicken Canned Cat Food is free of added antibiotic...
Pet360.com

Weruva Paw Lickin' Chicken in Gravy Canned Cat Food, 3-oz, case of 24

Weruva Paw Lickin' Chicken in Gravy Canned Cat Food, 3-oz, case of 24

Weruva Paw Lickin' Chicken in Gravy Canned Cat Food, 3-oz, case of 24; Weruva is a line of luxurious natural and grain-free pet foods. Made in a human...

Weruva Paw Lickin’ Chicken Chicken in Gravy Recipe for Dogs

Weruva Paw Lickin' Chicken Canned Cat Food 3 Ounce Case Of 24

Weruva Paw Lickin' Chicken Canned Cat Food 3 Ounce Case Of 24

Weruva Paw Lickin' Chicken Chicken in Gravy Canned Cat Food 24 - 3 Ounce Cans Ingredients Chicken (Boneless, Skinless, White Breast), Water Sufficient...

Weruva Paw Lickin' Chicken in Gravy Canned Cat Food, 10-oz, case of 12

Weruva Paw Lickin' Chicken in Gravy Canned Cat Food, 10-oz, case of 12

Weruva Paw Lickin' Chicken in Gravy Canned Cat Food, 10-oz, case of 12; Weruva is a line of luxurious natural and grain-free pet foods. Made in a huma...

Weruva Paw Lickin’ Chicken Chicken in Gravy Recipe for Dogs