Tim2V: Walmart Treadmill Great for Seniors
Feb 4, 2003 (Updated Dec 13, 2013)
Review by tim2v
Rated a Very Helpful Review
Pros:Perfect for Handicapped, or Seniors. Inexpensive, lightweight, portable, Wal-Mart.
Cons:Need to show your Grandma how to use it safely.
The Bottom Line: Not a PRO model, but it fits my needs very well. I like it. It appears to be reliable.
Update December 2013: This has to be the best idea I have ever had, to get a cheap treadmill from Walmart, and put it in the middle of the living room. A lot of older people cannot go out into traffic to walk around, and this solves the problem.
Recommend this product?
Update December 2012: I really like the idea of having the treadmill in the living room, easy to access any time of the day. I don't really wear it out, I just use it every day for a couple of minutes.
Update June 2012: I have been seeing older people who obviously have a problem with exercising. I think that it would help a lot to get a Treadmill from WalMart, so they do not have to avoid traffic while they are walking.
UPDATE OCT 2011: I have come up with a great idea for handicapped people. They have no way to walk or exercise. They may walk with a walker, but that is not exercise. Can't go for a walk, because of traffic. Why not get a Treadmill from Walmart and put it in your living room? Then you can get on it whenever you want, and you don't need to worry about people staring at you. You can go slow, take 15 or 20 steps, and go sit down. Put it in front of the TV. A Treadmill from Walmart is cheap, and it really helps to relieve the pain in your legs, hips, and back. If you know a little old lady, go get her one and show her how to use it (perfectly safe). She will love you for it.
Update Aug 2009: I still recommend that you get one and put it in the living room, in front of the TV set. Keeps off the pounds. Great for overweight computer people, without having to run in traffic.
Update 11-19-2006: I would really recommend to people to get one of these and put in your living room, in front of the TV. Very useful for older citizens who have problems getting around, but could use a little workout a couple times every day. Especially useful for us who sit in front of a computer all day, and don't get any exercise. It is a life saver.
Update Nov 26, 2004: The unit keeps on running. I have seen reviews where the person thinks the unit is too small, but that is EXACTLY why you would want it, to place it into the center of the living room. It is always ready to go, not folded up, and it is used mostly while watching TV. The people in my home get onto it whenever they feel like it, and run it as long as they want. They are all looking pretty trim, and losing excessive baggage. And probably more healthy.
Review: Weslo Cadence 200 treadmill Reliability Test:
This will be a long-term reliability test. I just got the treadmill at Wal-mart last Sunday. I have a couple of things on my mind which led me to this choice. Although it may not be suitable for others, it looks like it is suitable for my immediate needs.
1. I wanted a treadmill which was cheap. We already have a large professional treadmill in California, so I didn't want to get another large one. But I needed a second one for my small apartment in Huntsville.
2. This treadmill only has a 1 (one) HP motor, which is probably not suitable for heavy use. But I did notice that this unit is lightweight, so will probably be easy to move around as I travel. If it has only 1 HP, that means the motor and all of the other stuff is lighter.
3. If it has 1 HP, that doesn't mean it doesn't work. It DOES work. That's what I need at the present time. It is better than not having one at all.
4. If I get it at WalMart, that is probably an intelligent decision. If I have a problem, they have always been easy to get along with.
5. The unit comes with a 90 day warranty. That isn't a long time. But it comes with an extended warranty - one year for $39, 2 years for $59, 3 years for $79. I figured out that my warranty will end on May 1, so I probably will opt for the one year at $39 job, maybe more. But, it is a nice option. Especially if you are worried about the 1 HP motor.
6. The treadmill needs to be assembled. It wasn't hard to get the box in the door, and was fairly easy to get set up for assembly. The instructions are VERY GOOD. It probably took me about 45 minutes to assemble it. The system is very strongly built, so I don't anticipate any problems with that.
7. The tread is fairly narrow, which is something others may not like. It is also somewhat short, so you must pay attention. That is all involved in the $194 price and the light weight.
8. This isn't a toy, like I have seen other treadmills to be like. It is probably a good unit. Time will tell.
9. I have been using it for a week, and it is really nice to have it available. I can stow it easily, and you don't have to be a wrestler to move it. It works. I think I'm going to like it.
This review will be updated as time goes by. I'm going to watch the motor closely. Tim2V.
UPDATE 6-10-03: The treadmill is working just fine. I really like the idea of having it placed in the middle of the living room. Any time I feel like it, I get on it. Others have dismissed this idea, they prefer going to the gym. In my case, I am really out of shape, but am slowly getting better. I am getting muscles in places where I didn't have any, and I like that. I spend all day parked in front of a computer, so this helps a lot. Also, I like the idea that I don't have the neighbors watching me. Maybe some day, I'll be a jogger, but not yet. In the meantime, I am getting exercise like the doctor ordered. The other thing I like is that if I don't feel too good, I don't HAVE to work out. Some days I work out and it hurts, so I miss a day. But, I can see an overall difference, and I like it. My step has a little spring in it. I think this little treadmill would really work for people with medical problems, who want to work out but don't want to do it in front of the neighbors. It would also work well for seniors, who need some exercise, but can't jog too well. Sometimes, a few steps are all that's needed, and then you shut it off. Note: Be sure to take one-a-day vitamins, calcium, or aspirin, or any other needed medicines. Also, don't forget that it is good for someone with a little apartment, or a little budget. So far, it has been reliable, works great, and I am getting into shape. Amazing...
UPDATE 8-2-03: The treadmill is working just fine. At the present time, I am at our house in Calif, and the treadmill is in my apartment in Alabama. In Calif, our other treadmill is in the living room. It is much larger, and probably better. When using the larger one, it changes things a lot. Now, however, I am appreciating the smaller one much more, because it is easier to use, lightweight, and gives me the exercise I need when I am in Alabama. What I think I am saying, is that you should get a small one from Walmart, even if you have a larger one. I like the small one (Weslo Cadence 200). It is a good investment for health.
Update Aug 23, 2003: I am temporarily back in Calif and have a large treadmill here. Funny, but I think I like the smaller one better. I don't think I need the big one to get what I want, and the Weslo is easier to use (just turn the dial, and I'm running). I'm still happy that I got the Weslo.
Update Sept 29 2004: Just keeps running. It has improved my health a lot.
Read all comments (1)
Share this product review with your friends
Experience an ideal cardio workout with the Weslo Cadence R 5.2 Treadmill. Featuring six personal trainer workouts, a two-position adjustable incline ...
THIS ITEM IS NEW IN DISTRESSED PACKAGE!! ITEM IS PERFECT!!Experience an ideal cardio workout with the Weslo Cadence R 5.2 Treadmill. Featuring six per...
Enhanced features, better results, affordable price — the Weslo Cadence G 7.0 Treadmill is exactly what you're looking for. The Impulse Max Motor de...
Take your workout to the next level with this treadmill. It quickly adjusts from 0-10 MPH with a two position adjustable incline. Whether you want to ...
Get more results in less time with the Weslo Cadence treadmill. Featuring six personal trainer workouts, a two-position incline and comfortable cushio...
WLTL29609 Weslo® Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill Lose weight fast with the Weslo® Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill. Featuring 6 Weight-Loss Workouts, this treadmill ...
Shop for Treadmills from Hayneedle.com! Comfort cell cushion deck 2-position adjustable incline for varied workouts Space-saving design with sturdy ha...
TreadmillPartszone - We sell Treadmill parts, treadmill belts, treadmill motor belts, treadmill motors, treadmill keys, treadmill walking belts. Ellip...
Make working out easy with the Weslo Cadence G40 Treadmill with Bonus Puzzle Mat. The treadmill is a convenient option for adding to your home or offi...
ebay template Header Inside the Home Kitchen Bedroom Bathroom Furniture Home Improvement Organization Dicor Appliances Housekeeping Lighting Rugs Othe...