Whirlpool Duet GHW9400P Washing Machine Reviews

Average Product Rating: OK

Whirlpool Sucks

Dec 28, 2005
  • User Rating: Disappointing

Pros:None.

Cons:Just that, Whirlpool are Cons.

The Bottom Line: Avoid this product. Whirlpool reject to take back their product when its only 1 wash old, what will happen when the unit is a couple of months old?

I purchased my Duet HT set from a Whirlpool Authorized Dealer and was explicitly told that this unit will not vibrate on my second floor laundry room in a house that is 1 week old. I paid my $2500 and had the unit delivered to my house. Hooked it up and ran the first load. It vibrated so much that I though the sky was falling. My house must of moved 3 inches closer to the curb.

I called the dealer and was told to contact Whirlpool myself and have their technician come out to look at he unit. Their tech came out a couple of days after my call and was told that this unit must be set on a "sturdy" floor. In addition, the tech told me the only way to minimize the vibration is to have the unit spin on "low" speed. I told him that if I wanted to spin at low speed, I would of purchased a cheaper model. Not purchase the best model that is available to me from Whirlpool.

I called the dealer and told him that I want to take advantage of Whirlpool 30 days customer satisfaction clause. I was told that I must contact Whirlpool Canada myself and get them to send the dealer the appropriate paperwork so that they can take back the unit and credit me the $2500.

I then spend the next two days talking to the customer service department from Whirlpool, including their "Manager". Whirlpool Service Manager told me that their tech told them that my floor is not "sturdy" and that the unit is designed to sit on a "sturdy" floor. I told him that the unit sits on 1/4" tile on 1/4" mud on 1/2" ply screwed on 3/4" sub-floor glued and screwed on engineered floor joists.

I believe my floor is "sturdy". He told me that it is obviously not because the floor vibrate when the unit spins. Whirlpool will not back up what they state on their adverts. Whirlpool will not take back the unit. With a great deal of frustration and many phone calls to the dealer, they reluctantly took back the unit.

If you're thinking of buying this unit, or any Whirlpool appliances, think twice and make sure that there is a clause in your purchase bill explicitly stating that you can return the unit and get 100% of your money back should you are not satisfy with the unit for what ever reason, because WHIRLPOOL WILL NOT LOOK AFTER YOU ONCE THEY HAVE YOUR MONEY.

Whirlpool Duet 4.3 cu. ft. High-Efficiency Front Load Washer with Steam in White, ENERGY STAR WFW96HEAW

Shop for Appliances at The Home Depot. Preserve the perfect fit with an HE front load washer designed featuring the Precision Dispense Ultra, the 12-H...
Home Depot

Whirlpool Duet 4.3-cu ft High-Efficiency Front-Load Washer with Steam Cycle (White) ENERGY STAR WFW96HEAW

Let the washer select the right amount of detergent with the removable detergent reservoir that precisely dispenses up to 12 loads in one easy fill. ...
Lowe's

Whirlpool Duet Steam White Front Load Washer - WFW96HEAW

Whirlpool Duet Steam White Front Load Washer - WFW96HEAW

4.3 Cu. Ft. Capacity/ Active Spray Technology/ Quiet Spin 360 Technology/ Steam-Enhanced Cycles/ Tap Touch Controls/ Adaptive Clean Wash System/ Smart...
Abt Electronics

Whirlpool Duet 4.3 cu. ft. High-Efficiency Front Load Washer with Steam in Diamond Steel, ENERGY STAR WFW96HEAU

Home Depot

Whirlpool Duet 4.3-cu ft High-Efficiency Front-Load Washer with Steam Cycle (Stainless Look) ENERGY STAR WFW96HEAU

Lowe's

Whirlpool Duet Steam Stainless Steel Front Load Washer - WFW96HEAU

Whirlpool Duet Steam Stainless Steel Front Load Washer - WFW96HEAU

Abt Electronics

WHIRLPOOL Whirlpool Duet 4.3 cu. ft. High-Efficiency Front Load Washer with Steam WFW94HEAW

WHIRLPOOL WFW94HEAW White Whirlpool Duet 4.3 cu. ft. High-Efficiency Front Load Washer with Steam

Whirlpool 4.3 cu. ft. Front-Load Washer w/ Precision Dispense Ultra - White 4.0 cu.ft. - 4.5 cu.ft.

The Duet -series front-load Whirlpool washer WFW96HEAW is designed to keep clothes looking newer longer* with features like Precision Dispense Ultra, ...

Whirlpool Duet 4.3 cu. ft. High-Efficiency Front Load Washer with Steam in Chrome Shadow, ENERGY STAR WFW96HEAC

Whirlpool Wfw94heaw 4.3 Cu. Ft. Duet® Steam Front Load Washer With

Whirlpool Wfw94heaw 4.3 Cu. Ft. Duet® Steam Front Load Washer With

Whirlpool WFW94HEAW 4.3 cu. ft. Duet Steam Front Load Washer with NIB Store About Us Shipping Policy Return Policy FAQs Contact Info Whirlpool WFW94HE...