Whirlpool DU1030XTXS Dishwasher Reviews

Whirlpool DU1030XTXS Dishwasher

Whirlpool Quiet Partner Dishwasher

Apr 20, 2012

Pros:Quiet, Energy Star, adjustable upper rack, sanitizes, no pre-rinsing, 5-cycles, 4-options

Cons:No child lock, stainless steel which can keep you busy cleaning it

The Bottom Line: A basic dishwasher with electronic touchpad controls that does a great job cleaning, sanitizing with no pre-rinsing.  It has a tall tub but has no china/crystal setting.

My new house has a Whirlpool Quiet Partner dishwasher and it's doing a wonderful job of cleaning all our dishes. When we moved from our old house, I had to leave my Maytag dishwasher behind as it was built in and I was not happy about that and was prepared to hate this new machine but instead, I'm quite happy with it. The Whirlpool Quiet Partner cost less than my Maytag but it runs quieter. It cleans just as good as my Maytag and has a hard food disposer (no pre-rinsing) plus a lot of other good features and I felt I had to give credit where credit is due.

First off, this dishwasher has been replaced with the Frigidaire FGBD2431KF plus I'm not sure how old it is but the previous owners said it was fairly new. Before the house was put up for sale, it was leased for 2 years by another couple and it was this couple who bought the new Whirlpool dishwasher, fridge/freezer and stove. They're all stainless steel and look new to me so I believe the previous owners when they say the package isn't very old.

I've used this dishwasher nearly every day since we've moved here. My old Maytag was rarely used as I preferred to wash dishes by hand. I've changed my mind about that and can't believe I never used my dishwasher more often.

We've had a couple of Bar-B-Que's and managed to fill the dishwasher's upper and lower rack's as full as possible. We had dishes jammed in every which way and that may not have been the best way to load or use the dishwasher, but once I'd found out how delightful it was to let a dishwasher clean my dishes, I wasn't about to go back to the old days.

Pots and pans were clean when I took them out as were plates, bowls and utensils. Everything was shiny and clean. I use Cascade ActionPacs (Citrus Scent) and Turbo Dry Jet-Dry Finish Drying Agent and have never had any problems with either one. No spots on my glassware but I had that with my old Maytag.

The dishwasher has electronic touchpad controls. When I use the dishwasher, I choose the Normal Cycle (unless I have a lot of pots and pans) with the High Temp (Sani-Rinse) and then push Start and that's all I do. If I have a lot of pots and pans, I choose the Pots & Pans cycle, High Temp (Sani-Rinse), and so far, every pot and pan has came out really clean. With the hard food disposer, there's no pre-rinsing, and I don't pre-rinse, never! What's the use of having something if you don't use it? This machine really does have a Super Capacity Tall Tub and I can easily put my larger pots in the bottom rack without obstructing the top racks maneuverability. I don't put my cast iron in the dishwasher but all my other cookware has come clean with each wash.

My 2 silverware baskets are on the lower right side of bottom rack and not in the door. The technical details may say they are, but they're not. There are 2 of them so I have plenty of room for all my forks, spoons, and knives. My larger serving spoons, bread knives, wooden spoons, etc., are laid flat on the top rack. I had one basket in the center of my old Maytag so my space was limited. I'm very happy with having more space and not having to wash so many things by hand since I didn't have room for them.

Dimensions are: 23.875" W x 34.5" H x 24.5" D.
Capacity: 14 place setting

The noise level isn't all that loud. When upstairs, I never hear it but when we're in the downstairs living room or dining room, it can be heard but it's not so loud it hinders conversation. I hear it in the background and know it's running but it's not so loud it disrupts what we're doing. I thought my old Maytag was quiet, and it was, but it's not as quiet as the Whirlpool Quiet Partner.

I'm not thrilled with the stainless steel exterior finish as I'm constantly cleaning it due to my nearly 8 month old granddaughter's fingerprints. She sees herself and is always reaching and touching everything she can. I'm constantly cleaning it as she's constantly touching. Too bad I can't put gloves on her (kidding).

There's a 4 hour delay on washing but I've never used that feature. As soon as the dishwasher if full, I'm running a cycle and each cycle is about an hour which isn't bad. The interior is white plastic while the racks, tines and silverware baskets are vinyl.

Features:
High Temperature Wash Option
Heated Dry Option
4 Hour Delay Wash Option
Sound Tested DBA - 62

As it turns out, I may have lost my wonderful Maytag but I gained a wonderful Whirlpool and I'm very happy with it.

Recommended: Yes

ddustyrose April 20, 2012

Amount Paid (US$): ??

8193795 Whirlpool Maytag Dishwasher Lower Rack Assembly 8539226 With Wheels

8193795 Whirlpool Maytag Dishwasher Lower Rack Assembly 8539226 With Wheels

Description Item # SPM8312601624 Model #8193795 Works with models: DP840SWKX0, DU1010XTXT DU1030XTXB, DU1030XTXQ DU1030XTXS, DU1148XTPQ3 DU1148XTPQ8 G...

Whirlpool 8193795 Dish rack for Dish Washer

Whirlpool 8193795 Dish rack for Dish Washer

From the Manufacturer Whirlpool 8193795 Dish rack for Dish Washer. Works with models: DP840SWKX0, DU1010XTXT, DU1030XTXB, DU1030XTXQ, DU1030XTXS, DU11...
Whirlpool Du810swpu 24 Built In Dishwasher Black

Whirlpool Du810swpu 24 Built In Dishwasher Black

Questions feel free To Contact Us At 800.777.3345 Whirlpool DU810SWPU 24 Full Console Dishwasher with 4 Cycles, 1 Option, Large Tub Capacity and Quiet...

Whirlpool Dishwasher. Front Control Dishwasher in Black with Stainless Steel Tub WDF550SAAB

Shop for Appliances at The Home Depot. This ADA compliant model is ENERGY STAR qualified and meets CEE Tier 1 standards of efficiency to help save mon...
Home Depot

Whirlpool Dishwasher. Front Control Dishwasher in Stainless Steel with Stainless Steel Tub WDF550SAAS

Home Depot

Whirlpool WDT710PAYH Gold Series Dishwasher in White Ice with Sensor Cycle WDT710PAYH

From bakedon casserole dishes to drinking glasses, the Sensor cycle has you covered. Not only does it automatically select the right wash and dry sett...
HomeClick

Whirlpool 24 Dishwasher

Whirlpool gives your dishes a thorough cleaning with this Whirlpool Dishwasher. AccuSense Soil Sensor determines how dirty dishes are and adjusts the ...
hhgregg

Whirlpool Dishwasher. Gold Top Control Dishwasher in White Ice WDT710PAYH

Whirlpool Dishwasher. Gold Top Control Dishwasher in White Ice WDT710PAYH

Shop for Appliances at The Home Depot. From baked-on casserole dishes to drinking glasses, the Sensor cycle has you covered. Not only does it automati...
Home Depot

Whirlpool Dishwasher. Front Control Dishwasher in White with Stainless Steel Tub WDF550SAAW

Whirlpool 24 Dishwasher

Triple filtration system provides an outstanding clean in this Whirlpool Dishwasher. And AccuSenseA soil sensor ensures clean dishes.
hhgregg