Whirlpool EL88TRRWQ Reviews

Kick it to the curb!

May 20, 2011
Rated Show
  • User Rating: Disappointing

Pros:attractive, functional

Cons:breaks too easily

We purchased this model 4 years ago for our new home, and now the frig is completely kaput because there is a slow freon leak, which requires a full 'sealed system' (compressor, coils, etc.)replacement. I've read several other reviews on other sites that complain of the very same thing. To repair the frig would cost more than the original cost of the unit. Whirlpool will not stand behind it, and won't even talk to me, other than from a phone center person and that person's supervisor (which took some pushing). Since our original model looks different, and they don't manufacture our style door anymore, that means we also need a new freezer to stand next to it. WE don't expect the freezer to work much longer, so we'll probably sell it cheap just for someone to haul it away. If you must purchase this frig, buy a minimum of a 5 year warranty. Most of the other reviews I've read say theirs' only lasted 2 years or less, so I guess we were 'lucky'.

Shop for Appliances at The Home Depot. It's your choice. If you want to save space with an Energy Star qualified Sidekicks 17.7 cu. ft. all-refrigerat...
Home Depot