-10%

$1,703.90
+$49.00 shipping HomeClick

Grab A Cold One - Whirlpool EL88TRRWS Refrigerator

Apr 29, 2011

Pros:look, lots of room, removable shelves and bins, easy to clean

Cons:price

The Bottom Line:

We are happy with the Whirlpool EL88TRRWS. I love the look of it and how much it holds.

My son’s race shop is out in our garage. We have a refrigerator out there so we can keep beverages cold. When the old refrigerator died I went on a search for a new one. I wasn’t sure if they made just a refrigerator, as I didn’t need a freezer because I have two chest freezers plus my house freezer. To my surprise they do sell such a thing and it is called an all-refrigerator or freezerless refrigerator. With looking around I came across the Whirlpool EL88TRRWS Refrigerator. Once I saw it, I knew it would be perfect for the garage.

The EL88TRRWS measures 66 5/8” high, 31” deep and 30” wide. The total capacity is 17.7 cu. feet and it is energy star qualified. The refrigerator is frost free and requires a 120 v outlet. The EL88TRRWS features a flat smooth door with a long handle, four adjustable glass slide out shelves, adjustable door bins, a lower door shelf and two clear humidity controlled crispers. The unit also has an interior light and an up-front temperature control. The refrigerator does sit on four rollers which makes a bit easier to move around. The EL88TRRWS is stainless steel.

The shelves and bins are easy to move around. I also like that they are removable as they are easier to clean. I like to take the shelves and the bins out when I clean them. I really didn’t have a need for the crispers but they have come in handy during the summer months when our garden was spitting out cucumbers daily. I ended up storing some of the veggies out in the garage as I was running out of room in my house refrigerator. I also like the lower door shelf which is perfect for gallons of milk or tea.

I like the look of a stainless steel refrigerator but it does show fingerprints easier. It is easy to clean but I don’t worry about it as much since it is out in the garage. Someone always has smudges on the door. The outside is easy to clean; I just wipe it down once a week with a Clorox Wipe.

We purchased the EL88TRRWS in stainless steel but it also comes in white. I didn’t want a white refrigerator out in my garage so we went with the stainless steel. The stainless steel unit is two hundred dollars more than the white unit.

The Whirlpool EL88TRRWS Refrigerator comes with a one year limited warranty which hopefully we will not have to use. They did offer an extended warranty but we did not take it.

The EL88TRRWS was easy to install. My husband had it set up in less than fifteen minutes.

The main problem we had when looking for a freezerless refrigerator is that there aren’t that many on the market. We only found two locally to choose from. The other model was a lot cheaper but only come in white and was smaller.

My home refrigerator is a 22 cu ft. and this one is a 17.7 cu ft. refrigerator but the freezerless refrigerator seems so much bigger because it does not have a freezer. I can keep lots of beverages in the unit. I keep soda, beer, bottled water, energy drinks, sport drinks, gallons of tea and an extra gallon of milk. There is plenty of room for everything. Since the garage refrigerator doesn’t get opened as much as the house refrigerator, it seems like the items get colder even though we keep the temperature at the recommended temp.

The cost of the Whirlpool EL88TRRWS was more than I wanted to pay for a refrigerator that was going to sit out in my garage but I liked the look and wanted the space the EL88TRRWS offered. We paid $999.00 for the Whirlpool EL88TRRWS on sale at Lowe’s. The regular price was $1200.00. This was the best price I could find in our area. I also seen the refrigerator sold online but it was more expensive and then when you added shipping charges it was even worse.

Since purchasing the Whirlpool EL88TRRWS three months ago we have been very happy with it. I love the look of it and how much it holds. We go through a lot of drinks in the garage and the EL88TRRWS keeps them icy cold.

I do think the Whirlpool EL88TRRWS is a bit pricey but I am hoping it will last us for years. It was definitely more than I wanted to pay for a refrigerator that is out in my garage but I it was exactly what I wanted and needed so I purchased it. Now I wouldn’t have thought twice about paying that much for a refrigerator for in the house.

They do make an all-freezer identical to the Whirlpool EL88TRRWS freezerless refrigerator. If I had the room in my kitchen and the extra money, I would love to have both. But my kitchen does not have the room.

If you are looking for a freezerless refrigerator, I would recommend the Whirlpool EL88TRRWS Refrigerator.

Energy-saving technology saves you money. Adjustable storage gives you flexibility and adaptability - arrange your fresh and frozen food exactly how ...
Lowe's

Shop for Appliances at The Home Depot. It's your choice. If you want to save space with an Energy Star qualified Sidekicks 17.7 cu. ft. all-refrigerat...
Home Depot
It's your choice. If you want to save space with an Energy Starqualified Sidekicks 18 cu. ft. allrefrigerator unit, go ahead. Or, pair it with the mat...
HomeClick