Whirlpool ET0MSRXTL Reviews

Whirlpool ET0MSRXTL

Whirlpool Budget Model Refrigerator Let Me Down

Dec 2, 2009
  • User Rating: Disappointing

Pros:Cheap and looks cute.

Cons:Uneven cooling. Bad seal. Broke down within 2 yrs.

The Bottom Line: I wish I'd gone with my gutt and avoided Whirlpool on refrigerators. Two bad ones in a row. Never again.

My last refrigerator was a Whirlpool and a larger model. Since it went belly up in four years, I was not so keen on Whirlpool, but the Lowe's guy told me that this cool looking stainless steel with black trim Whirlpool refrigerator had been doing fine with not many returns.

I liked the looks of the stainless steel refrigerator, and I can be a sucker for "looks." It was the cutest refrigerator in the low price range but a little higher in price than the basic colors like white and wheat for basically the same thing.

Really, all you get and all I wanted was a refrigerator and a small freezor. That's the deal here. The only extra was the ice maker which I did not need or want and which was included with no choice. I ended up paying to have the repair guy local take that out, so I'd have room for more food in this small top freezer.

All was good for about two years other than the stainless which is supposed to be fingerprint resistant is not so much with boys who touch it a lot. And, the seal around the edge of the freezer was not so tight, so we had to watch closing the door. It would, sometimes, not seal and thaw out and make drips.

Then, I woke up with water all over the floor along with ice cream melted down the front and in the floor too. Bummer. I had to go to work, so that was not special.

Called the repair guy local again, and he said some little part that he showed me blew out. In two years, I saw nothing ought to blow out on on a refrigerator. My Grandma had one that lasted 20 yrs plus. I'm going through mine like underwear with Whirlpool.

With the new part in, it is working for the most part. The door seal is still weak, so we get big thaws pretty often. I check the fridge more than my make up in other words. It's not cool (pun intended) for the steak and stuff to thaw out and need to be on the menu when not planned.

I would really like a new refrigerator that does not give me headaches. But, this one is under three years old. Who wants to buy refrigerators that often? Good grief.

I'd also note that this model has cold spots, so the lettuce freezes up and some things are warmer than they should be per settings. It's the most random refrigerator I've ever had on temps.

Yeah. This Whirlpool looks just fine. Has it been a good buy? No. While it still looks new, it works like an ancient model that should be dumped.

I might chalk it up to one bad buy, but since this is the second Whirlpool I have purchased and hated, I plan to never buy another Whirlpool refrigerator again. I don't care what the Lowe's guy says, I am not impressed with this low end Whirlpool or the more expensive one I had before.

Your luck may be better. I sure hope so. I better go check the freezer door, since I got ice cream this evening, and you know how gross that is if it thaws and then freezes back again.

Valve Coil Dryer For Whirlpool 1053b0a/b1a 1653w1a/w0a Gas Heat Replacement Part

Whirlpool 279834 Valve Coil for Dryer. Works with the following models: Whirlpool 1053B0A, Whirlpool 1053B1A, Whirlpool 1653^0A, Whirlpool 1653^1A, Wh...

Whirlpool Universal 3-Prong Dryer Power Cord - PT220L

Whirlpool Universal 3-Prong Dryer Power Cord - PT220L

Industrial Grade/ Ring Terminal Connectors/ Adjustable Strain Relief Bracket/ Space Saving Right Angle Plug/ Molded Plug Grips/ Heavy-Duty Insulation
Abt Electronics

Genuine Whirlpool Dryer Electronic Control W10111621 0em

Genuine Whirlpool Dryer Electronic Control W10111621 0em

Genuine Whirlpool Dryer Electronic Control W10111621. The Whirlpool W10111621 is a dryer electronic control used in appliance repair for your Whirlpoo...

Genuine Whirlpool Washing Machine Pump And Assembly Chw9900vq0 Chw9900vq1

Genuine Whirlpool Washing Machine Pump And Assembly Chw9900vq0 Chw9900vq1

Genuine Whirlpool Washing Machine Pump And Assembly CHW9900VQ0 CHW9900VQ1 Product Description Brand New!!!Includes One Genuine Whirlpool Replacement W...

Genuine Whirlpool Washing Machine Pump And Assembly Chw9900wq0 Wfw8200tw00

Genuine Whirlpool Washing Machine Pump And Assembly Chw9900wq0 Wfw8200tw00

Genuine Whirlpool Washing Machine Pump And Assembly CHW9900WQ0 WFW8200TW00 Product Description Brand New!!!Includes One Genuine Whirlpool Replacement ...

Whirlpool Washer Factory Certified Drain Pump Ghw9400pt0

Whirlpool Washer Factory Certified Drain Pump Ghw9400pt0

This Listing is for a BRAND NEW Whirlpool/Kenmore Washer Drain Pump Assembly Identified by Part #280187. The Original Replacement Part Number associat...

3392519 Thermal Fuse For Dryer By Whirlpool Et401 80005 694511 3388651

3392519 Thermal Fuse For Dryer By Whirlpool Et401 80005 694511 3388651

Appliance Coast 3392519 - Thermal Fuse for Dryer by Whirlpool/Maytag Replaces : ET401, 80005, 694511, 3388651 Genuine Whirlpool/Maytag, not a generic ...
Whirlpool 4396841 Refrigerator Water Filter

Whirlpool 4396841 Refrigerator Water Filter

A genuine OEM part, the Whirlpool 4396841 refrigerator water filter produces superior tasting water and crystal clear ice by significantly reducing co...
FridgeFilters.com

Whirlpool 2Way Dryer Bottom Vent Kit

Whirlpool 2Way Dryer Bottom Vent Kit

This Whirlpool 2way Bottom Vent Kit fits Whirlpool Cabrio and Maytag Bravos dryers for multiple venting options.
hhgregg