Whirlpool RF262LXST / RF262LXSB / RF262LXSQ Electric Range

Love My Glass Top Stove!!!

Dec 19, 2007 (Updated Dec 19, 2007)

Pros:Great looking stove! Cooks & cleans up beautifully. Easy to operate.

Cons:Wish at least one large burner was in back; no warmer burner.

The Bottom Line: I adore this stove! Looks great, cooks great, and cleans up wonderfully. The only "con" is that both big burners are up front - I'd prefer boiling water in rear.

I had an old, old, old Whirlpool that came with the house (probably original to it, and the house was built in 1980!). We remodeled the whole kitchen level in March 2007, so not only did I get new cabinets, but new appliances as well.

The local Lowe's and Home Depot didn't offer a whole lot of selection for the price range I was after. I knew we wanted a glass-top stove with a big window, and that it had to be self-cleaning. But their choices were about $200 more than what I found at Bestbuy.com -- the Whirlpool 30" Freestanding Electric Range RF262LXSQ in White.

I'm always after the most features for the money, but I want quality and longevity in my appliances too (my parents bought a similar unit by Frigidaire 2 years ago, and have already had the service man out twice). Here are the features on this oven, which further information from Whirlpool in parentheses:

4.8 Cu. Ft. Capacity

Self-Cleaning Oven (set for 2 or 4 hours) -- i.e., Hi or Lo

Balanced Bake System (utilizes both heating elements separately to optimize the temperature within the oven cavity)

Two 6-Inch (1,200 Watt) Radiant Elements - Two 9-Inch (2,500 Watt) Radiant Elements (Fast-heating ribbon elements sealed underneath a ceramic-glass surface)

Ceramic Glass CleanTop® Surface System (Ceramic glass surface withstands intense heat without cracking and chipping. Easy-to-clean smooth top keeps spills on the surface and looks brand new year after year with minimal care)

1-Piece Steel Console

EZ-Touch 95 Electronic Controls (Take the guesswork out of cooking - set oven temperature and timer with the press of a button)

Control Lockout Function (A selectable control that helps prevent accidental or unwanted use and makes it easier to clean the control panel. The control lock function is a safety feature that can be turned on or off by pressing a combination of oven controls)

Hot Surface Indicator Light

Cooktop On Indicator Light

Custom Broil (The better way to broil. Set your own broiling temperature, between 170F° F. and 500° F. in five-degree increments. High heat perfect for grilling meats or low heat for delicate cooking such as browning meringues) -- Note: Defaults to 500, but only goes down to 300 -- I haven't been able to figure out how to go less than that! And the manual confirms this. Maybe a different model goes to 170?

Extra-Large EasyView Window (The stylish window helps you check cooking progress without opening the oven door and disturbing the temperature)

2 Adjustable Oven Racks

5 Rack Guide Positions

Automatic Oven Light

Full-Width Storage Drawer

Dimensions
Depth: 27 1/8 in.
Height: 46 7/8 in.
Width: 29 7/8 in.

Whirlpool has its manual online, here:

The unit comes in White on White (RF262LXSQ), Biscuit on Biscuit (RF262LXST), and Black on Black (RF262LXSB). MSRP is $499 for all models.

This stove has been wonderful. I use it daily and have baked and broiled in it, and mine is very true to stated temperature. The stovetop heats quickly and efficiently. I *love* that when I turn on the oven, it tells me how long till it will be ready! (8 minutes for 350)

There are audible alarms that at first drove me crazy, but I left them on, because obviously that is the intent - to make you turn the oven off so you don't burn your dinner! However, you CAN turn them off easily. The audible tones at the end of a cycle may be set to beep once or continue to beep once per minute. Press and hold BAKE for 5 seconds to cycle on and off. "Repeating Alarm Off" or "Repeating Alarm On" will be displayed in the scrolling text.

The ACCUBAKE® Temperature Management System is pretty cool (great for baking cookies!), and is automatically activated when the oven is in use. The ACCUBAKE® system electronically regulates the oven heat levels during preheat and bake to maintain a precise temperature range for optimal cooking results. The bake and broil elements cycle on and off in intervals. The bake element will glow red when cycling on, the broil element will not. You can get all oven specifications and see a video about the AccuBake technology here:

We've used the self-cleaning feature once and it does work great, though I cringe at how much electricity it must use.

As with every major purchase, I researched it extensively, and this was the best $500 stove for us. I am very happy with this stove, and highly recommend it!

Whirlpool Part Number 3191901: Cap Burner (LF LR RF) (Black)

Whirlpool Part Number 3191901: Cap Burner (LF LR RF) (Black)

Whirlpool Part Number 3191901: Cap Burner (LF LR RF) (Black) - Whirlpool Part Number 3191901: Cap Burner (LF LR RF) (Black)
3191903: Cap, Burner (grey (rf, Lr, Lf)) For Whirlpool Oven

3191903: Cap, Burner (grey (rf, Lr, Lf)) For Whirlpool Oven

Whirlpool Part Number 3191903: Cap, Burner (Grey (RF, LR, LF)) 0) { if (navigator.plugins[Shockwave Flash 2.0] || navigator.plugins[Shockwave Flash]) ...

3191901: Cap, Burner (lf, Lr, Rf) (black) For Whirlpool Oven

3191901: Cap, Burner (lf, Lr, Rf) (black) For Whirlpool Oven

Whirlpool Part Number 3191901: Cap, Burner (LF, LR, RF) (Black) 0) { if (navigator.plugins[Shockwave Flash 2.0] || navigator.plugins[Shockwave Flash])...

Whirlpool Electric Range Oven Surface Burner Replacement Ceramic Terminal Block ER12001676

Genuine Whirlpool Y00206900 - Electric Oven Thermostat

Genuine Whirlpool Y00206900 - Electric Oven Thermostat

Whirlpool Y00206900 - Electric Oven Thermostat click thumbnails to enlarge Make Whirlpool GENERAL INFORMATION Thank you for shopping at Luna Parts...

Whirlpool Washer/Dryer Accessories 4-Prong Electric Dryer Hook-Up Kit NA W10182830RB

Shop for Appliances at The Home Depot. This electric dryer hook-up kit fits most major brands. The kit contains everything you need for easy installat...
Home Depot

- 4879 Electric Range Bake Lower Heating Element Unit For Whirlpool

- 4879 Electric Range Bake Lower Heating Element Unit For Whirlpool

NEW - Whirlpool/Kelvinator OVEN ELEMENT replacement - TP4879 Whirlpool/Kelvinator Replacement OVEN Element BRAND NEW Please contact our customer servi...

Whirlpool Range Cooktop Receptacle Replacement Electric Range Terminal Block Receptacle 330031

Replacement for Whirlpool Electric Range Cooktop Knob Set 814362

Replacement for Whirlpool Electric Range Cooktop Knob Set 814362

This is a range knob set that contains everything you need to replace damaged or missing knobs in your Whirlpool range or cooktop. The set contains 4 ...
Genuine Whirlpool W10405846 Control Electric

Genuine Whirlpool W10405846 Control Electric

Whirlpool W10405846 Control Electric click thumbnails to enlarge Make Whirlpool GENERAL INFORMATION Thank you for shopping at Luna Parts. Just cli...