Whistler XTR-690 Radar Detector Reviews

Whistler XTR-690 Radar Detector

Not Bad, So Far!

Oct 9, 2007

• Effectiveness:

Pros:Compass Warranty 3Yrs! Xtra Strong Mount Sexy Picks up with good warning time

Cons:Screen is a LITTLE glare'ish Falses sometimes, but hey...Menu Options are Clear

The Bottom Line: I recommend this because of it's high ratings, which I am finding out most are true. Up there witht the big boys, and kills a Cobra!

I will first start by saying that I have never used any V1's or Escorts or Bel's- I am just knowledgable on them. The one radar detector that I DID own was a Cobra 9985 (9930). It actually saved me from several tickets! BUT, the little LCD screen on it stopped working, so under Squaretrade Warranty (they're warranty services are great!) I got reimbursed, and after hours of hunting, I decided to go with this Whistler. The reason? I've read countlessly that it's an excellent value for the money! The compass is also an advantage over the Pro78, for people like me who get lost easily. So now, as far as the radar detecting, I haven't been on the highway yet, and theres too much stop and start driving that i do here in the city to actually compare. I do get lead foot, but Im actually confident enough in this radar detector so far, to trust it to tell me when i need to slow down. I've had it pick up a speed trap one time- one of those big signs that show your speed, and it gave me plenty of time- to the point where once my speed showed up on the sign, i had already slowed down! Nice. So all in all, if you are looking for a descent radar detector other than Cobra, and don't have the money for an Escort (or don't feel like slaving on Ebay for hours to find one for cheap), go with this XTR690, you won't regret it! From just the couple of times it's saved me so far, I believe in it enough to rate it highly.

For Whistler XTR-690/XTR-690se/XTR-585/XTR-560:Leather Case Pouch Holster Shipping Info |Payments |why buy from us?|You Might Also Like Description Ne...