Whole House Fan Quiet Cool System Installs In The Attic: Quiet Giant Whole House Fan 4500 CFM

Awesome whole-house fan solution!

May 25, 2007

Pros:Quiet, low profile installation

Cons:Intake vents have a retro 70's appearance

The Bottom Line: Absolutely recommended!

Living in a warm suburb of Los Angeles, anything to help tame the "giant electric bill monster" is a welcome friend to this home! Attic fans were always something on my list of "should-dos", but my modest home's narrow common hallway is not well suited for the typical "central suck-zone", so I had never quite gotten around to it.

Then I found an ad for the Quiet Cool system. It seemed to be the perfect solution. Multiple, individual fans with intakes that can go directly into bedrooms. Fan motors themselves are mounted deep into the attic where the your existing thermal insulation can double as a sound insulator. The Quiet Cool system is a briliant, simple, elegant design. Why attic fans have always not been designed like this is anybody's guess.

We've had the system in place for a couple years now. Despite Edison's sharp rate increases, we've gone from seeing $600+ electric bills to staying within the $300 range. In the spring time, despite 90-100 degree heat, we keep the home under 80 degrees by running the Quiet Cool at night. The home's insulation keeps things comfortable during the day, and we absorb as much night time cool air as we can!

During the heat waves of summer, when it fails to cool off at night, the fans become ineffective and it's back to your air conditioning. But with savings throughout the spring, summer and fall, these things will pay for themselves VERY fast.

Quiet Cool 1500 Classic Whole House Fan
Roof Ventilation: Master Flow 24 in. 4500 CFM Direct Drive Whole-House Fan with Shutter WHFS24M

Shop for Building Materials at The Home Depot. The Master Flow 4,500 CFM Power Whole-House Fan is designed for houses larger than 1,000 sq. ft. It wor...
Home Depot