Wilton Advance Nonstick Square Brownie Cake Pans With Handles (8-In.) Reviews

Wilton Advance Nonstick Square Brownie Cake Pans With Handles (8-In.)

These handles make this Wilton Pan a great buy!

Dec 7, 2002

Pros:Easy grip handles

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: This Wilton nonstick pan, along with the durable construction and easy to grip handles is a pan that I really enjoy using.

About 3 weeks ago, I decided that I was going to finish up some last minute Christmas shopping in our Marshalls store, which I finally did. But before I left the store, I had to check out the houseware department. My husband always says that when he can't find me in a store, he always heads right to the houseware isle, and that's where I'm usually at. I don't know why, but I'm always drawn to that department. My husband says that I am addicted to buying all kinds of baking and cooking housewares. Well if you could see the inside of my cabinets, you too would have to agree with my husband. And I do admit it, I guess I do have an addiction when it comes to buying a lot of goodies for my kitchen.

Anyway that day while at our Marshalls store and browsing the houseware department, I stumbled upon a Wilton Advance Nonstick Square 8 inch Brownie Cake pan with Handles for $8.99 I really got excited because this pan had such nice large handles. Your probably wondering why would I get excited over a baking pan with handles. Well you see I have tendonitus in my wrist, and there are a lot of things that are hard for me to do with this hand. So when I saw this Wilton Brownie Cake pan with handles, I knew it would be easy for me to use this baking pan for some Christmas baking. With these extended handles, I knew it would be easy for me to be able to put this Brownie Cake pan in and out of my oven, even with my bad wrist.

About these Handles:

The handles in this Wilton pan are easy to grip and are made of a heavy gauge stainless steel. Each handle is slightly curved and is 4 inches wide and each handle extends out about 2 inches from the sides of the pan. There is ample room to be able to slide your hand with an oven mitt on, in and around the handles when your putting the pan in the oven or retrieving it from the oven. Most other baking pans just have a small lip on each side of the pan which can make it a little difficult to take out of the oven. These handles on the Wilton 8 inch Brownie Cake pan makes an awkward task easier and safer.

I know a few times I have managed to stick the thumb of my oven mitt into the top of a batch of brownies or a cake just as I was taking the pan out of the oven. Well this won't happen if you use a Wilton 8 inch Square Brownie Cake baking pan with handles. That's one thing that I won't have to worry about any more. I also have a Wilton cupcake pan with handles. These pans with the handles make baking more easier and safer to be able to handle when taking them out of a hot oven.

The Wilton 8 inch Brownie Cake pan with handles is an excellent choice for anyone, but especially for those who don't have much hand strength, like arthiritus in the hands or for someone like myself who has Tendonitus in my wrist.

This Wilton 8 inch Square Brownie Cake Pan with handles would be especially great for older children who may have an interest in learning how to bake. The handles on the pan would make it a safe way and easy way for them to take the pan out of the oven, with supervision of course.

The Wilton 8 inch square Brownie Cake pan is made of a heavy weight aluminum. It has a nice non-stick surface which makes for a nice and easy release. It's a thick and solid pan, that is sure to hold up, not flimsy like some other aluminum baking pans that I've had in the past.

Cleaning and Care:

Before using the pan the first time I did wash it in hot soapy water, rinsed and dried it thoroughly. Always avoid cleaning the pan with abrasive cleaners like Comet or rough scouring pads. And avoid the use of metal or sharp utensils on the pan surface. These could eventually damage the non-stick surface. I only use nylon, plastic or wooden utensils on all of my non-stick pans. Hand washing with hot soapy water is also recommended for cleaning the Wilton 8 inch Square Brownie Cake pan.

Another great feature that I do like about the Wilton Nonstick 8 inch Square Brownie Cake pan, is that the corners on the inside of the pan are smooth and rounded. There are no creases in the corners like some other baking pans have. A lot of other pans that do have creases in the corners are hard to clean once foods get into the creases. The smooth corners in the Wilton 8 inch Square Brownie Cake pan makes clean-up so much more easier.

Uses for the Wilton Nonstick 8 inch Square Brownie Cake pan:

Cakes
Desserts
Yummy fudge
Making Casseroles
It can also be used for heating up several foods in the oven.

To grease or not to grease the Wilton 8 inch Square Brownie Cake pan:

Although this Wilton 8 inch Square Brownie Cake pan is nonstick, there really is no need to grease this baby up. But I have greased it on an occasion, if I feel that a certain recipe should require a little greasing. I use a paper towel and rub a small amount of shortening evenly over the bottom and sides of the pan surface. Or a small amount of a vegetable pan spray may be used and wiped on with a paper towel also. I think that a little greasing of the pan can sometimes makes clean-up a whole lot easier also.

Warranty:

The Wilton 8 inch Square Brownie Cake Pan also comes with a 5 year warranty.

Do I recommend this Wilton Advance Nonstick Square 8 inch Brownie Cake pan?

I certainly do recommend this pan. Personal reference counts for a lot when choosing a baking pan. I have a few other Wilton baking pans, that I do like and use quite often. This Wilton 8 inch Square Brownie Cake Pan with it's heavy weight construction and non-stick surface, sturdy steel handles, along with it's distinctive shape makes Wilton a fine baking pan to have. The truth is that the pan that best suits your needs is the one you most like working with, and I can honestly say that this Wilton Advance 8 inch Square Brownie Cake Pan with it's super handles is one of the best pans for me.

So if your ever in the market for a new Brownie Cake pan, consider buying this Wilton Pan. I'm sure then that you will agree with me that the performance that this pan will give you makes it an excellent buy for the money.

Heres one of my favorite Christmas recipes for Macaroon Brownies that I would like to share with you.

~~~~Macaroon Brownies~~~~

Ingredients:

6 squares semi sweet baking chips
cup of butter or margarine
1 cup of sugar, divided
4 ounce pkg. of cream cheese softened
1 Tbsp. flour
1 cup of flaked coconut

Preparation:

Lightly spray a 8 inch pan with a vegetable pan spray, and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Microwave the chocolate and butter in a large microwavable bowl on high for 2 minutes or until the butter is melted. Stir until the chocolate is completely melted.

Stir 2/3 cup of the sugar into the chocolate mixture. Add 2 of the eggs and vanilla and stir until well blended. Stir in 1 cup of the flour and 1/3 cup of the chopped almonds.

Spread the batter mixture into the pan.

Mix the cream cheese, remaining 1/3 cup of the sugar, remaining egg and 1 Tbsp. of the flour in same bowl until smooth. Stir in the coconut and remaining 1/3 cup chopped almonds.

Spread this mixture over the brownie batter.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with fudgy crumbs.

Cool the brownies in the pan and cut into 16 squares.

Thanks for reading and Happy Holidays Everyone!!

~~Naomi~~

Wilton 4 Nonstick Brownie Pan, 12-cavity [kitchen]

Wilton 4 Nonstick Brownie Pan, 12-cavity [kitchen]

Wilton 4 Nonstick Brownie Pan, 12-Cavity [Kitchen] To bake your favorite food to perfection, start with our premium non-stick bake ware. These pans fe...

Wilton 4 Nonstick Brownie Pan 12-cavity

Wilton 4 Nonstick Brownie Pan 12-cavity

The Lotoons Store NEW Wilton 4 Nonstick Brownie Pan 12-Cavity 1. NO SALES TAX 2. LOW COST EXPEDITED SHIPPING FOR US BUYERS 3. WE ARE NOW SHIPPING WORL...

Wilton 12-Bar Pan Nonstick Brownie Dessert Treat Muffin Cupcake Cornbread Baking

What's your favorite dessert? Fudge Brownies? Blueberry muffins? Lemon Bars? Streusel? Strawberry Shortcake Stacks? With the Wilton 12 Cavity Brownie ...

Wilton 12 Cavity Square Brownie Bar Pan

Wilton 12 Cavity Square Brownie Bar Pan

Raise the bar in your bakery-top these square brownie bars with an array of different tasty sweets and create a delicious & enticing spread for any pa...
Macys.com

Wilton Square Brownie Pan with Cover

Wilton Square Brownie Pan with Cover

Enjoy delicious-tasting brownies every time you bake with this Square Brownie Pan with Cover. It features a non-stick surface so that your goodies wil...

Bakers Edge Nonstick Edge Brownie Pan

Bakers Edge Nonstick Edge Brownie Pan

NEW Bakers Edge Nonstick Edge Brownie Pan $46.31 $62.95 We think the best brownies have moist centers, a paper thin crackly crust, and lots of chewy e...

Wilton Pan, Biscuit/Brownie, 1 pan

Wilton Pan, Biscuit/Brownie, 1 pan

11 x 7 x 1 1/2 inch. Recipe right. Non-stick. Easy-to-clean. Won't stick. Made in China.
Kmart

Wilton Insulated Nonstick Bake Sheets, Set of 2

Wilton Insulated Nonstick Bake Sheets, Set of 2

Aluminized steel surrounds a pocket of air, for even heat distribution and gently browned cookies every time. Nonstick finish for easy release and cle...
Sur La Table

Wilton Covered Brownie / Cake Pan 9 X 9 Square Aluminum Plastic Cover 9199

Wilton Covered Brownie / Cake Pan 9 X 9 Square Aluminum Plastic Cover 9199

Wilton Covered Brownie / Cake Pan 9 x 9 Square Aluminum Plastic Cover New 9199 Click to Enlarge Wilton Covered Brownie / Cake Square Pan 9 x 9 Perfect...

Wilton Silicone 24 Cavity Square Brownie Bite Mold

Wilton Silicone 24 Cavity Square Brownie Bite Mold

Just one bite. but you'll be back for more-these bite-sized brownies pack a chocolate-y punch perfect for parties, portioning and late-night cravings....
Macys.com