Wilton Blossom Cookie Treat Pan Reviews

Wilton Blossom Cookie Treat Pan

If you've never made a cookie on a stick, try this Wilton Blossom Cookie pan.

Feb 13, 2004

Pros:Inexpensive, easy to clean, cookies on a stick are easy to make.

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: This is a nice way to make a different looking cookie on a stick treat, which can be decorated for any special occasion.

The first time that I used this Wilton Blossom Cookie Treat Pan to make cookies on a stick was last night. After dinner I received a phone call from my son. He wanted to know if I could bake a batch of cookies for my grand daughter to take to class for her Valentine Day party which would be today. My daughter in-law had volunteered to make the cookies, but yesterday she got sick at work and had to go home. My son said that she was too sick to make the cookies, and Courtnie needed cookies for the 28 kids in her class. So I told him that I would gladly make the cookies for her Valentine party and that I would drop them off at her school in the morning

Last night I knew that Survivor would be on at 8:00, so right after my son had called I proceeded to get the cookie dough ready and got the cookies started so I wouldn't miss any of the Survivor show. So now the Wilton Blossom Cookie Treat Pan that I purchased a while was what I was going to use to make her cookies in. Even though this Wilton Blossom Cookie pan wouldn't make a heart shaped cookie, only a Blossom Flower cookie, I knew that with some cookie decorations it would make a nice cookie treat on a stick, which I thought the kids would enjoy

WHAT THE PAN LOOKS LIKE:
1)----The pan has 6 flower blossom shaped cavities with 6 petals on each blossom
2)----The pan is made of a nice sturdy aluminum
3)----Each flower blossom measures 3½ inches by 1/4 inches deep
4)----At the edge of the pan and at the end of each flower blossom in the pan there is a 3/4 inch long indentation. This is where the cookie stick is placed into each cookie before baking.

It also comes with instructions on decorating different cookie treats and also comes with a sugar cookie recipe along with a royal icing recipe

The only thing I regret is that I didn't buy two of the pans. While one pan was baking, I could have gotten the second pan ready to put in my oven when the first pan was done baking. It would have made baking the cookies so much quicker.

BAKING INSTRUCTIONS:
The first thing I did was to preheat my oven to 350 degrees.

I was going to use my sugar cookie recipe to make these cookie treats with, but I decided to try the sugar cookie recipe that came with the Wilton Blossom Cookie Treat Pan. I figured if it was going to make a cookie on a stick, that the dough probably would be a little firmer so the cookie would stay on the stick better then my sugar cookie recipe would.

Before I use any new pans that I buy, I always wash the pan out first with soapy water, which is what I did. After the pan was washed out and dried, I sprayed the pan with a vegetable oil spray into each cavity lightly and with a paper towel blotted out any excess oil.

Next I filled each cavity with the cookie dough to about 1/8 inch below the top edge of each flower cavity and patted the dough in.

Then I inserted the cookie sticks into the dough making sure that the cookie sticks were inverted into each cookie 2 inches, and then placed the cookies on the middle rack in my oven and baked them for about 12 minutes.

After the cookies were done baking, I placed the pan on my cooling rack to cool for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes of cooling I gently loosened each flower with a butter knife gently around each flower and then I tipped the pan gently upside down to release the cookies on my cooling rack. While the first cookies were finishing cooling on the rack, I washed out the pan in soapy water, dried it and proceeded to bake the second batch of cookies. I ended up making 5 batches of cookies which gave my 30 cookies.

NOTE:
One other thing is when baking the cookies treats in the Wilton pan, do not let the cookie sticks touch any side of your oven.

It finally was 8:00 and time for Survivor to come on. So I left all of the cookies to cool and after Survivor was over I finally got back to decorating all of the cookies

COOKIE STICKS:
These Blossom cookie treats need cookie sticks that are 8 inches long. I purchased the cookie sticks at our AC Moore craft store where I bought the Wilton Blossom Cookie Treat Pan. The sticks cost about $1.59 a package and the Wilton pan was $6.39. I just happen to have a coupon for 40% off of any regular priced item in the store and my final cost for the pan was only $3.83.

DECORATING THE COOKIE TREATS:
With just a little imagination there are many different ways to decorate these cookie on a stick. I made the icing a little firmer then what I usually make it, because I wanted to wrap each cookie treat up individually, and didn't want the icing to come off on the wrapper.

I made some hearts in the middle of the flowers and sprinkled red decorating sprinkles in the middle of each heart. I also put some happy faces on some of the cookies. On a few cookies I just filled in the whole cookie with icing, and filled in the center of the cookies with several kinds of decorating sprinkles. I even piped a few phrases on some of the cookies like, "Your Mine," "I'm Yours" and "Be My Valentine."

Another way to make a cookie on a stick is make a batch of Rice Crisped cereal in this Wilton pan also. I'm sure they would come out very nice on a stick and what child doesn't like those Rice Crisped cereal treats.

After each cookie was decorated I put all of the cookies on my large cookie sheet and placed them in the fridge for a while to make sure that the icing was firm, and after a few hours I gently wrapped each cookie with a piece of clear wrap and tied each cookie off with a red ribbon around each cookie stick right at the base of the cookie.

These cookies on a stick can also be placed in treat bags that are available at most craft stores. I would have used the treat bags, but I had to make the cookies on such short notice that I didn't have time to go to the store to buy the treat bags.

After checking through my cabinets I came across a small plastic flower vase that I had received flowers in at one time. It was just the right height and the mouth of the vase was wide enough to hold to hold 30 of these cookies on a stick. I took a piece of tissue paper and wrapped it around the whole vase and tied that off with a red ribbon. I have to admit it did look pretty good and I knew these cookie treats on a stick would go over nicely for my grand daughter's Valentine party.

This morning I took the vase of cookies on a stick, and dropped them off at the office at my grand daughter's school. The girls in the office thought that the cookies really looked great. I ended up having to explain to them how easy it was to make these cookies on a stick in the Wilton Blossom Cookie Treat Pan and how much fun it was decorating them.

CLEANING:
The Wilton Blossom Cookie Treat Pan washes up very easily and nice by just hand washing. It does state that the pan can be washed in the dishwasher, but the pan does wash out great by hand washing in soap and water.

STORAGE:
There is a hole at one end of the Wilton Blossom Cookie Treat Pan, which I figured was there just in case you may want to hang it on a wall if you wanted to do so. In the bottom of my cabinet I have a large holder with slots in that's for storing pot and pan covers in. This is where I keep my cookie sheets, my pizza pan, a few other of my decorative cookie pans and now my Wilton Blossom Cookie Treat Pan fits in there also

MY FINAL THOUGHTS:
I recommend the Wilton Blossom Cookie Treat Pan. It's a good way to make cookies look quite different. It's like having a lollipop on a stick, which all kids enjoy. And with all the different kinds of cookie decorations, that are available today, it'll make a great cookie treat for any particular Holiday or a child's Birthday Party. If you have children these Cookie treats on a stick would also be a lot of fun for for them to help to decorate.

But I would suggest to buy at least two of these pans, because it will make your baking go a lot quicker. Now I wish that I had, and I still may check to see if the store has some left. These cookie treats came out so nice, that now I plan on making more of these cookies treats on a stick when Easter comes around for the grand kids to enjoy. Right now I'm a little anxious, and can't wait to find out later on today if my grand daughter was happy with these cookie treats on a stick that I made for her school Valentine party.

Thanks for reading and "Happy Valentines Day" to everyone!!

~~Naomi~~

Wilton Aluminum Blossom 4 Cookie Treat Pan Makes Flowers Stick Pops 2105-8109

Wilton Aluminum Blossom 4 Cookie Treat Pan Makes Flowers Stick Pops 2105-8109

Wilton Aluminum Blossom 4 Cookie Treat Pan Makes Flowers Stick Pops 2105-8109 New (Opened Package) Wilton Cookie Treat Pan Blossom Flower Pan Model 21...

Wilton Blossom / Flower Cookie Pop Pan Nip 0273

Wilton Blossom / Flower Cookie Pop Pan Nip 0273

NEW!! Wilton ***BLOSSOM / FLOWER Cookie Pop Pan *** NIP 0273 NEW!! Wilton ***BLOSSOM /FLOWER Cookie Pop*** Pan Create fun shaped treats on a stick eve...

Wilton Round Cookie Treat Pan 3 1/2 In. Diameter X /4 Inch Deep Cooking Kit

Wilton Round Cookie Treat Pan 3 1/2 In. Diameter X /4 Inch Deep Cooking Kit

Product Details: Wilton Round Cookie Treat Pan, 3 1/2 in. Diameter x 1/4 Inch Deep Cookie Treats on a stick are so easy! Just press cookie dough into ...

Wilton Blossom Pops Cookie Pop Pan 2105-0539 Makes 4 Per Batch

Wilton Blossom Pops Cookie Pop Pan 2105-0539 Makes 4 Per Batch

Wilton Blossom Pops Cookie Pop Pan 2105-0539 Makes 4 Per Batch Wilton Blossom POP Cookie Pan Cookie Treats on a stick are so easy! Just press cookie d...

Wilton Easter Blossom Flowers Or Bunny - Cookie Baking Pans

Wilton Easter Blossom Flowers Or Bunny - Cookie Baking Pans

I have two different Wilton cookie pans to choose from - Bunny cookie pan or Blossom cookie pan. These pans are great for cookies on a stick, cakes or...

Wilton Heart Cookie Treat Pan 2105-8104 Unused

Wilton Heart Cookie Treat Pan 2105-8104 Unused

Wilton Heart Cookie Treat Pan # 2105-8104 NEW - NEVER USED Cookie Treats on a stick are so easy! Just press cookie dough into pan, insert cookie stick...
Wilton Heart Pops Cookie Pop Pan 2105-0272

Wilton Heart Pops Cookie Pop Pan 2105-0272

Wilton HEART Pops Cookie Pop Pan 2105-0272 Description Wilton Heart POP Cookie Pan Cookie Treats on a stick are so easy! Just press cookie dough into ...

Wilton 4 Count Round Pops Metal Cookie Pan Mold / Cookies-candy & More

Wilton 4 Count Round Pops Metal Cookie Pan Mold / Cookies-candy & More

Round Pops Cookie Pan Cookie Treats on a stick are so easy! Just press cookie dough into pan, insert cookie stick, then bake, cool and decorate. Creat...

Wilton Round Cookie Treat Pan 8105

Wilton Round Cookie Treat Pan 8105

NEW! Wilton ***ROUND COOKIE TREAT*** Pan #8105 NEW! Wilton ***ROUND COOKIE TREAT*** Pan Pan I still in its original wrapping Stock # 2105-8105 Dated 1...

Wilton 101 Piece Plastic Cookie Cutters Assorted Shapes

Wilton 101 Piece Plastic Cookie Cutters Assorted Shapes

Looking for a set of cookie cutters that will take care of all of your yearly needs like birthdays, holidays, school and many more? The Wilton 101 Pie...
Toys R Us